New Heart's Choice Game! "Never Date Werewolves" -- Raise werewolf cubs while seeking true love!

We’re proud to announce that Never Date Werewolves, the latest in our “Heart’s Choice” line of multiple-choice interactive romance novels, is now available for iOS and Android in our “Heart’s Choice” app. You can also download it on Steam, or enjoy it online on our website.

It’s free to play through the end of the game, and 25% off to disable ads and delay breaks until April 24th!

Raise your litter of six baby werewolves while hunting for your true love! Dating a werewolf means you’ve been left with a litter of kids. Six kids. Kids who turn into cubs when they get upset. You’ve gotten the silver out of the house, and stocked meat in the fridge – but unlike their father, you can’t turn into a wolf to lay down the law!

There’s hair all over the couch, endless howling (literally) in the night, and no dates. But maybe, despite the mayhem, you’ll manage to invite the cute neighbor next door out for coffee…

Never Date Werewolves is a 104,000-word interactive supernatural romance novel by Rebecca Zahabi. It’s entirely text-based, without graphics or sound effects, and fueled by the vast, unstoppable power of your imagination.

You’re busy rushing around Lyon, the French city of lights, zooming between your job at a store downtown and the summer school where your children attend. But you’ll be damned if you can’t do this single parent thing. You’ll show your ex – and the world! – that you can be a caring mum and still land a date.

If you’re looking for a human and a bit of normality, there is the new neighbor next door. But if they believe all werewolves are monsters, then it might be difficult to introduce them to the pups. Or there’s the teacher who manages the summer school, always smiling, full of energy and ideas for the kids to try out. Although there might be more to them than meets the eye…After all, everyone has their secrets, and they’ve managed never to be overwhelmed by your brood of werewolves.

One thing is certain: the full moon is coming up, and even if you’re not a wolf, you’ll have the kids ready, bright-eyed and bushy-tailed, for the most important hunt of their young lives.

• Play as genderlocked female; gay, straight, bi or asexual.
  • Land a date – and maybe more – with the cute broody neighbor or the sunny schoolteacher.
  • Help your kids choose an alpha for their pack and complete a stunning art project for school.
  • Assist while the kids hunt down game under the full moon.
  • Change the worldviews of people around you, and impact how werewolves are perceived.
  • Keep your pups under control, deal with their babysitter, and impress your boss at work – at the same time!

Since 2009, the team behind Choice of Games has created high-quality interactive novels in all genres. Now, our new Heart’s Choice label puts romance at the center of the story, and you at the center of the romance. Heart’s Choice games contain no graphics or sound effects, so we can focus on the story. Every game is filled with vivid, fully-developed characters and complex narratives that respond to your choices.

How will you find your happily ever after?

29 Likes

Bought the heck out of this!

9 Likes

You bought it so hard, I felt it across the pond.

6 Likes

I can’t wait to sink my teeth into this new IF :heart_eyes:

7 Likes

Absolutely LOVED the demo, so will be buying and playing this as soon as I get off of work :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

stoked for this game! unfortunately, when i went to purchase the game i find that i can’t find it on the play store? is the hearts choice omnibus app region locked? thank you!

1 Like

What country are you in? Unfortunately, due to circumstances beyond our control, there are a few countries where the Heart’s Choice app is not available. If that’s the case for you, then you can still definitely play the game on our website or on Steam.

i live in the philippines! if that’s the case, then i’ll just have to rely on steam this time. thanks for the help!

Aha! Yes, sorry - that’s one of the few countries where it isn’t yet available. But if Steam works for you, then, cool!

I hope you enjoy it!

I am so freaking excited for this! I have been looking forward to its release since it was announced.

2 Likes

First off I loved the story and the drama with the down stairs neighbor. My only question is if there will be a sequel? Especially with that last bit of info left on a cliffhanger of sorts hehe

1 Like

is that an actual food a combo of two things i almost dont like the same amount

That is an actual dish, and it really is a specialty in Lyon.

I love it! But I’m at the part where I’m leaving the kids with Samuel and omg I wanna cry. I would never leave them with someone I don’t know, who thinks it’s fine to wear silver, and doesn’t know about them being werewolves! Am I overprotective of my six fictional werewolf children? Yes. Yes I am.

12 Likes

Never Date Werewolves might be my favourite Heart’s Choice novel so far! It’s very cute and fluffy; it’s got that weird but charming combination of Chocolat by Joanne Harris and Ookami Kodomo no Ame to Yuki thing going on. However, there are some heavy topics present as well, such as loss of a loved one, divorce, violence, racism. Although Never Date Werewolves is part of a Heart’s Choice lineup, there are a lot of things going on in the novel besides romance – family is a big theme; interactions between the kids and the protagonist feel as genuine and authentic as romantic relationships. The werewolf kids are so, so precious! If anything happened to them, I would kill everyone in the room and then myself. The MC has got a great friend/boss, these two are very fun together.

I loved that the gameplay doesn’t punish us for pursuing specific choices. Trying to build a relationship with someone does not mean that your MC is going to be a bad mother or has to sacrifice her career, for example. You can stand up for your ideals, even though a LI might see things in a different way, and still stay on said LI’s route.

The only possible thing which could upset the readers is that the book feels rather short. But then again, Heart’s Choice’s games are not long in general, and it may also be just the start of a great series. (No pressure on the author, of course, the novel was just released, but I would be so happy to see what happens next)

21 Likes

I’m glad you enjoyed it! I’m really proud of what Rebecca did here.

7 Likes

I wasn’t sure I’d like it because I’m not big on kids but I am big on werewolves, I like it so far! I have a question though, can you actually be gay in this story? It says you can but my character keeps going on about how insanely sexy she finds the male neighbor every time she sees him :grimacing: I don’t know if I picked a wrong option somewhere or what, so far the only thing I can think of that might have been misconstrued as interest was when I chose to actually talk to him instead of walking away mid-conversation to tend to one of the children. I haven’t been allowed to say I am either, but I’m not sure if that comes later since I’m not done reading and have to wait a couple hours between chapters.

3 Likes

Yeah, you’ll meet another character where you can choose between whether they’re male, female, or nonbinary, and then there’s a third female character you can date (I’m pretty sure. I haven’t gone that route yet, but there’s an achievement for it and I remember points where I could say I’d rather choose her over the other 2 love interests).

The teacher? Even after making her a woman my character has expressed interest in the neighbor. When he showed up to my apartment in his PJs or something my character thought about how delicious his abs looked and how great it was to have a half-naked man washing her dishes. I’m at the part where they both ask me out and he tried to hold my hand for some reason.

Now that I think about it I’m not sure you can play this game as ace either, since you automatically start thinking about how attractive the neighbor and the teacher are.

8 Likes

While it is true that you are always given both the hetero and gay options to pursue; you are not forced into a relationship if you do not want it.

With the shortness of the story, the only viable way to maximize choice of romance is to present all of them.

I had pursued all three available characters and each of them have an interesting although short branch associated with the character.

3 Likes