Cyberpolice (Minor Update: 19th of March 2024) (WIP)

No update today.

Kinda hard to decide on a cut-off point for the next update, since due to the lack of the sub-plots there’s a bunch of skipping around in time and place. I might just make a few scenes and post them regardless of whether they can be considered a “segment” or not.

Also a bunch of them are available only on certain branches and all that. I’d prefer that there was some ‘default’ content in each update for everyone, but the only “real”/sizeable part that does is a bit further along. Which makes it tough, since I’d rather not post the “minor update day xyz” thing if only a handful of people are going to actually get new content each time for the next few updates. As such, I’d prefer to do most of them in one or two bigger updates before we get to the default stuff again.

On the other hand it’d be nice to get stuff done in small sets since recently I’ve been making massive chunks, and I’d really like it if they didn’t bloat. Whenever I post an update stuff is sort of “locked” and I rarely bloat it afterwards, but if I ‘finish’ a scene but don’t post it, there’s always a chance I decide to ‘upgrade’ it before posting it and that usually leads to bloat and delays. :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyway, I’ll probably figure it out soon enough and post an update.

Big thanks to everyone for voting on the polls, didn’t expect nearly as many votes as there were. Apparently there’s quite a few lurkers around. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

By the looks of it, it seems that the arcade game is the only segment that I might need to take another look at, so I’ll make a note of it for the second polishing pass.

I’ll also unlock the option for the player to go through all of the four options for Fun Tuesday should they so choose, but if you want you can exit the segment after you’ve gone through two of them. Thus, anything between 2-4 is okay.

Maybe I should do polls more often, they were pretty useful.

8 Likes

No update today.

Work progresses steadily.

1 Like

Was asked to post this on the forum, hope it helps:

As always it'd be nice if you could post this stuff on the forum:

To avoid spoilers, I'm using weird code words for some of the variables.

Full press statement.

Code 1A.

Code 2B.

Code 3B.

Code 4A.

Code 5C.

Gargoyle's Cooperation was at: 7

Gargoyle's Fear was at: 8

Special stuff:

Potira deal.

Joey Crime org.

Joey Boss.

Skills:

Science.

Investigation.

Background:

Grey War.
1 Like

No update today.

Again, work proceeds decently. No idea on when an update will be out due to aforementioned situation on scene variability etc.

Thanks! It’s always good to see this stuff, so I can fine-tune the chance of people getting certain outcomes.

3 Likes

No update today.

A bit less progress than before, but it’s still progress.

4 Likes

No update today.

Forgot to mention that I couldn’t work yesterday. Oh well.

I should be able to post something this week. Depending on your previous choices and so on, it might be super short or not.

3 Likes

The day we don’t get a daily update is the day I’ll be truly petrified lol

11 Likes

No update today.

Not much to comment on I guess.

Heh, I’d prefer a real update each day to me just reporting on nothing. :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

No update today.

Hopefully something on Sunday.

5 Likes

No update today.

Didn’t get super much done today, but Sunday should still be on schedule.

6 Likes

No update today.

Sunday seems feasible since I should be able to work this weekend.

6 Likes

No update today.

Ought be ready tomorrow, but as always, we’ll see. :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

No update today.

Once again I just can’t seem to estimate the time it takes to make the final touches properly. :frowning:

In other news, I’ll be away from Wednesday to Sunday. I’ll get the update out before I leave if at all possible.

8 Likes

No update today.

Didn’t get too much done today. Fortunately I’ll actually be leaving on Thursday, so I still have plenty of time.

8 Likes

No update today.

Might not get everything I wanted ready by tomorrow, so it’s possible I’ll only post a chunk of what I intended. The good part is that I should be able to post the rest pretty soon after I get back. We’ll see how it goes.

10 Likes

No update today.

Yeah, I really should’ve expected that I’d have no time to do anything the day before I leave since I’m leaving early on and had to get everything ready today. :stuck_out_tongue:

In other words, I grossly underestimated the prep-time, which means I couldn’t get enough ‘default’ stuff polished for it to make sense to update. I’d say sorry for bringing your hopes up, but I’m sure everyone’s used to this type of thing already. :smiley: (though it does pain me quite a bit to not be able to do it after saying I would)

In any case, I’ll be back on Monday, so next post will be up on Tuesday I expect. I’ll probably do the bigger chunk since there’s no point to post the smaller one anymore, but it shouldn’t take all that long anymore, plenty of it is finalized already(just need some more stuff on the ‘default’ path). But you know how inaccurate my estimates are, so…

(at least it should be easy enough to continue working once I’m back since I have to leave a bunch of stuff ‘right in the middle of things’. I’ve noticed that it’s way easier to get back to work when I simply ‘continue the flow’ of something I’ve already worked on, rather than starting on a new segment(whether just polish or raw creation), and I do often have problems with getting back to work after a few days of not-working)

Anyway, see you when I’m back!

10 Likes

Alright folks, I’m back, everything went well.

Theoretically work continues tomorrow, and if it does, an update should happen in a day or two

14 Likes

No update today.

Not the best re-start, but it’s something I guess. Tomorrow will hopefully be more productive.

8 Likes

No update today.

Today wasn’t more productive. :frowning:

I really am a slave to habit and routine, it’s really shows when it gets broken. So hard to get back up.

8 Likes

You can do it!!!

7 Likes