Community College Hero: Knowledge is Power (old WIP thread, now closed)

I think far too many people are voting on practicalities, rather than ideals. If you truly believe that nothing is worth the invasion of privacy, then by all means, vote no. But if you’re voting solely based on practicalities (i.e. could we trust them, either to know what’s best or to not abuse the system?) then you’re not answering the question as written.

Sure, we can’t trust the Smarts, or anyone else, for that matter, but that’s not what the question asked. I also agree that many people would have different ideas for what is the perfect world (and I realise that, being gay, I probably don’t fit into quite a few of these). But if we are to believe the central premise of the question, that the world after would be better for everyone, not just a select few, then I can’t see what the problem would be (we’ve got too high a population as it is, so in my view, homosexuality should be encouraged :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:). And if you don’t believe the central premise, then any answer you give is an answer to a different question.

I disagree. That could hardly be called a perfect world.

You right. And here:

We have not a single word about it being absolutely perfect. And who said that governing body vision of “perfect” same as yours. It’s not question of trust. Absolutely impossible for single human/small group to create society perfect for all while simultaniously holding everyone under control.

4 Likes

Okay, fair enough. People who don’t want “a peaceful and egalitarian society free of war, violence, hatred and division, disease, hunger, abuse and neglect” (created “for the benefit of all citizens”) will be in trouble. Honestly, though, that sounds pretty close to perfect to me. And, true, the question says nothing about the competence of the people doing this, merely their character.

Admittedly, I myself would be far more hesitant to have voted “yes”, but since it was my character’s choice (and him being a very idealistic hero, who would be willing to sacrifice a lot for this “perfect world”), he didn’t need to think much. Also admittedly, he understands full well that this could never work in the real world (or rather, the CCH world), but made the choice based on ideals, rather than actual possibilities. (Which is the actual point of the question.)

4 Likes

Yup, can agree with such wording. :slight_smile:
My ultimate in-character “no” too will be based more on ideals then dry analysis

1 Like

I voted for altruism. For me, there lies the difference between hero and villain.
The villain only thinks about himself, while the hero always thinks about others first.

5 Likes

So I guess the Self motivation makes you sort of an anti hero?

Interesting…

I personally went with Retribution.Specifically cuz my main MC won’t take shit from no one.

2 Likes

One thing about the Wyvern fight that seemed to put me off was how almost every choice near the end decreased your popularity.

I only really see the sense to this if you’re going to bribe the Wyvern,and maybe if you hide from him.But for the escape route,I’m just not seeing it.Especially since one of my MC’s has an Altruism Motivation and he wants to lead the Wyvern away,but the homeless twat think he’s running away to save himself.Personally,if I saw someone grapple onto a building and go up as they’re avoiding a freaking cannonball to the face and then proceed to glide away as some fucker in metal armor attempts to electrocute him with a rifle,I’d be pretty damn impressed.

6 Likes

How big is your MCs ego exactly, no harm intended :smile:?

2 Likes

He’s the kind of guy who wears sunglasses at night.

I’m pretty sure that alone should inform you on the size of his ego.

3 Likes

Yeah, that was annoying, especially as my MC had saved the homeless guy at the start of the fight, and was pretty obviously goading Wyvern into following him as he ran.

(I think getting beaten to a pulp might have increased his popularity, but my MC is speed high, so leading him away made the most sense.)

4 Likes

All aspects of the first Wyvern fight (the getting your ass kicked, the being mocked part, the almost certain drop in popularity, etc) are supposed to be frustrating. I don’t want any reader leaving that fight thinking, “Hey I did pretty well! This Wyvern guy isn’t so tough!” That defeats the purpose of building tension in a traditional 3 Act story.

And I’m working hard on the next update this morning (before the NFL comes on!)

Oh and I checked Google Play and noticed that CCH passed the 1,000-review mark! Woot!

11 Likes

I mean,the popularity drop isn’t really THAT bad.It’s just a small 5 percent drop.It just ticked me off a bit,that’s all.

Also,congrats on 1000 ratings,m8.CCH is now one of the big boys.

4 Likes

Who’s your NFL team?

1 Like

Out of the 2 villan, which do you think will make the story more interesting?

• Wyvern
  • Manipulator(and D12,if you want)

0 voters

3 Likes

This does make sense. But even so, the drop in popularity seems somewhat egregious, given that the sole witness was a homeless man, who I had just saved, and who almost certainly heard me taunting Wyvern before leading him away.

5 Likes

Personally,I think that the Wyvern will make the story MUCH more interesting.

The Manipulator is everyone’s enemy.Speck,Savior,Prestige,it doesn’t matter.The D12 is everyone’s enemy.

But the Wyvern…he can only be considered as an enemy to the Speck students.He’ll, he might even be considered as an enemy for YOU solely.The Manipulator is something that all the Heroes will take down together.But the Wyvern?No help from Savior or Prestige.This is an obstacle that only you and your classmates can take down (you hear that,Hedonist?He’s mine!)

4 Likes

You said it man,when my MC gets his powers i want a 1 V 1 rematch.One Stock. No respons.

We shall have a no scoping match to see which one of us is fit to date Stoic-chan.

6 Likes

Is it just me or does anyone hope that the smart twins are a romance option?

Me! Especially now because of the whole “creating a utopia without anything terrible due to mind control and intense blackmail” question that sparked a conversation earlier up. I think it would be super interesting to see an MC with opposing beliefs in a relationship with one of the twins because I’d love to see the way said twin would react and what they would do about the situation.

3 Likes