Community College Hero: Knowledge is Power (old WIP thread, now closed)

Yeah I’ll have to figure out how to “get in the tracks” with him. But about 9% of voters, mostly women, are apparently intrigued with where his path could go. I do see lots of potential.

4 Likes

I honestly think we need a Professor love interest and as much as I love McCormick I don’t think she would be a good fit. Captain California is… well, I don’t like him much. My vote would’ve been for Nill but my mysterious Bae is gone so… Professor Bad Touch wins.

Plus I do think we need more guy ROs. Stunner is gone, Crook is questionable, and even though I love Mod with all my heart he can’t bear the weight of being the only male RO alone!

So bring back Nill! I mean… Hedonist… yeah…

Or Shine. I mean. He’s pretty adorable.

2 Likes

Yay! :smile: Or Wombat. (Unless they die/betray us…)

(And I’d probably prefer a married female teacher over the Hed. :unamused:)

5 Likes

Oh my god yes!

WOMBAT! WOMBAT! WOMBAT!

3 Likes

I mean not to plug my 1100 word manifesto on Smart romance on post 3137 that I forgot to tag @Eric_Moser in (oops sorry) but y’know, Streetsmart.

I was thinking about the male romances–at the list it looks like just in numbers there are more male ones but like, functionally I feel like most of the male ones have more or bigger roadblocks than the female ones? So idk, not sure how even that ends up. Like, actually asking, whether people who romance men feel like they have less options or not

4 Likes

Oh my lord I just brainstormed an inspired idea re: one of the Speck Seven. I need to start dictating into my phone before I forget. I credit all the people posting conspiracy theories here this week. It got my juices flowing. In a clean way.

12 Likes

Streersmart would also be cool. I know he’s my MCs favorite.

And in regards to male romances it does just feel like the females ones are more available. It really feels like unless you pick Mod you get the short end of the stick with Crook and Stunner. Stunner leaves and you can flirt with Crook but nothing seems to come from it. For girls you at least get a choice between Tress and DG (who are both amazing and both stay) but the only choice you can really make if you want a guy is who you can call your boyfriend and doesn’t leave is Mod.

Now, this might be a problem that will be fixed once the second book comes out depending on how Crook and Stunner are handled but just as of right now it feels a little lop-sided, at least that’s how I feel about it.

5 Likes

Honestly, I can’t help but wonder how many people would vote if there was an option to go actively against the Hedonist as a romance option. At this point I would rather have someone new, it can even be a professor, just one that doesn’t have that controversy surrounding him.

I can’t tell if I would like the Smarts because we haven’t met them yet, but I’m open to that possibility.

Well, this is an interesting question. Personally, I tried most of the romances in different playthroughs and I think that my favourite ones are Tress and Mob. However in my two official playthroughts (meaning the ones that I actually saved and plan to continue into part two and three) I romanced Mob and Crook.

And while Mob is still my favourite, and a romance path that I’m really enjoying and supporting, Crook well… after finding his secret… not so much… And since I made my female Mc straight, I was actually hoping for the best friend option with DG or Stoic as an alternative, but now that the best friend is not a thing anymore I don’t really know what to do with her except not pursuing any special relationship at all.

So yeah, I think that aspect is kinda limited.

3 Likes

so I think the ideal solution should be:

Female RO:
-Tress
-DG
-Stoic

Male RO:
-Mob
-Stunner and Crook (Keep at least one of them even if the romance is more limited that any other romance in the game)
-Someone new.

And by “new” I mean someone who wasn’t a RO before, not necessarily a new character.

2 Likes

Where “Someone new” is not the Hedonist. :unamused: (My votes are for Shine and the Wombat, although I could be open to Streetsmart, if he made a good impression.)

7 Likes

Wait, Friendzone suggests this? I must have missed that.

Okay… must stay calm. My theories aren’t confirmed yet.

So you used toilet paper? (sorry) I lied. I’m not sorry at all.

8 Likes

I’m glad I’m not alone on the wombat train WOOT

1 Like

[quote=“Eric_Moser, post:3139, topic:12179”]
And ALL MCs will get plenty of Stoic scenes since she’s your Sidekick.[/quote]

Oy vey…I mean, olé! Should be…fun?

Granted I am only one, (one who has opinions that somehow always manage to be in opposition to the majority solely due to the super original! curse superpowers as a Special Snowflake :blush:), but I do agree that certain character romances do feel, mm, perhaps, overly petted, which could influence their popularity. If they are promised more spotlight and are rewarded with more developed investments, naturally more people will then become attached. Mass Effect’s Liara comes to mind, which is unfortunate for one such as I who oft happens to end up on the other side of the grain with such conflicting interests bearing sour grapes, and I inadvertently end up cheering for the away team, (hello Streetsmart). For instance, all this mandatory time with Tress and Stoic, I must grin and bear. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

And then, of course, hi…

:broken_heart:
I always knew you’d break my heart.

I would never wish to speak for the rest of the Stunnermancers, {hugs all those with refined taste, my underrated beauties}, but death or the death of one whole scene of face time would be another skewed sacrifice for those who dared care for one whose content and contact was destined to be limited. If you must, mayhap having the sculpted lovely end the relationship at the first phone call then? Just clean and quick, so shattered is my MC to fall forever into the mess of body glitter and absinthe-fueled decision-making that is Hedonist.[/vapors]

Or Mob. Sigh. He’s not too keen to move on to bigger and better things as far as I gleaned–although Speck of Thrones looms dark and heavy in the distance. :cry:

Honestly, not to completely devour my once bright, shining torch in prejudgment, but between discovering the nullifier route that Zenith shall become (once a crack theory of mine that I hoped would stay cracked), forced character interaction with characters I haven’t connected with–all whilst the sword of Mosercles dangles above those I do–MC’s joie de vivre
at Speck has become very bleak indeed. 'Tis true, though, keeping each and every roleplayer’s heart happy is not at all feasible. C’est la gamedom…:disappointed:

6 Likes

So, which male (or non-binary, for Nil) characters would people like to see romanceable? (Hedonist not included for the sake of my sanity.)

• Combat Wombat
  • Shine
  • Quickie
  • Captain California
  • Mega Cat
  • Streetsmart
  • Nil

0 voters

1 Like

I don’t know much about the love stuff and all , lol yesterday was the first time I wrote a love letter ,but I think tress should forgive our mc as in real life there are cases but I don’t think​ it should be the case with DG I mean I never dated her in the first place but if what I think is correct then she fuck the teacher while we are dating right , so I won’t give her much chance , it is just an opinion

1 Like

And I have another idea why don’t you bring a new character who is somewhat of our age and is lv 5+ zenith from prestige fresh pass or something as a gf option it would be cool idea ,not saying that it has to be in book 2 it can be later in book 3 (I m sure there would be like 3+ books if it goes like this …)

1 Like

@Eric_Moser Please tell me Uni is coming back :sweat:

What blasphemy us this no booksmart I call this vote rigged!
(Disclaimer: I’m joking. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)

Isn’t booksmart female?

1 Like