Community College Hero (for all post-release feedback)

Can i please have the guide for acrobat class too??? Im also about to do the second exam so it would help a ton!!!

I invited you to the conversation, can you se the guide?

yes thank you so much!!!

Can I also have the one for the acrobat class ?

I personally dislike music built into book based games. I almost always find it really distracting and switch it off. (Occasionally very quiet smooth “background type” noise or songs might be left on, but usually they end up off sooner or later as well). It also means you’ll annoy people if you’re reading somewhere public as well if you have the sound on. Anyway, that’s me, I know some people like it though.

As Samuel_H_Young pointed out though, if putting music into your book causes a big price jump, it’ll probably cause unhappiness from many of your readers. If you have it as a separate purchase- again unhappy campers. If you don’t charge for it, you’ll probably be out of pocket so it depends on how expensive getting the music will be and how much programming time it’ll take to get it to run and the potential risk of bugs and errors.

So I guess you have to decide how much you want the music in there, whether you think it’ll add to your book and how you’re going to manage the charges at the other end. Since you already have a solid fan base, you don’t need extras like music to get people who liked the first to buy the second. It’d be for what you want the program to be :slightly_smiling:

1 Like

Music? There’s music?

No Eric was considering getting music for the next games

Does anyone have a guide to get the most secrets in one playthrough

I could make one, but why do you want to know so many secrets?

I assume they will help in later games but if its too much trouble don’t bother

No its not, I was just curious.
Give me a moment and I will sent you a PM.

Could you send it me too?

After countless playthrough, I will make a review of the classes on how they fare to get the rewards and upgrades.

First Tier: Soldier and Acrobat.
Mid Tier: Detective.
Low Tier: None.
Crap Tier: Sharpshooter.

Both the Soldier and Acrobat are the best class. Those two can get every reward and every upgrade, without the need to sleep with the Hedonist.
The Soldier can do almost everything, like beating Mob and get an A in the first Defense without sleeping with Hedonist. Hmm and Thud are 2 of the best stats.
The Acrobat need to study HELL to defeat CW, but it has a huge advantage over the others classes. You can train 2 primary stats by studying Defense, so the loss of one stats is not felt by the Acrobat, and it can get a B on the Defense test.

The Detective can get all four rewards, but to do that you need to sleep with the Hedonist, if you dont you get a D.
Lucklly for the Detective, you can easily get an A on the others subjects, especially because Breaking need Hmm.
Its easy to get the leadership of the group if you dont go for the Hedonist’s reward, because Mob will not hate you and you can defeat him at Breaking class without losing rep with him.

Sharpshooter is crap, the only class that cannot get every reward (it can only get 3) and you really need to metagame to gain Downfall or Hedonist’s rewards, it need to train Hmm to defeat CW (and different from the Acrobat, it cant train 2 stats with one study group), Shhh is useless after the flag exercise and it is the only class that cant defeat Mob. No one should play it.

2 Likes

So will the professor gifts increase their respective stats in the next game?

You could probably just put one (or three if you’re up for it) music/song track(s) on the game as default while also giving the player the option of switching it on or off and have the other music tracks or special features or whatever as downloadable content that you’d have to pay to get. At least, that’s my opinion anyway. I understand that it’d be a lot of work and that you’d probably be better off with just DLC-ing the music at a fairly cheap price.

And now that you mention music-included games, I think that there’s a game on this website that’s actually a Visual Novel. I forgot the name, but it has music, pictures, and maybe some animation I think? It was nominated for a Visual Novel award or something. Pretty short, but still pretty good.

I’m also wondering if you’ve thought about using special stat upgrades as in-game purchases, since Hero Rise did a similar thing (though it also gave you the option of collecting enough in-game money to buy it with instead.).

Also, I’m hoping we get to finally find out why Daniel chose a wombat as a superhero theme in the sequel. Been bugging me for a while now, not overly so, but enough to question how the man thought it would be a good idea to add wombat to your super name and not expect people to make fun of you. Platypus, sure, capybara, that might work, beaver, the Canadians’ll love it, but wombat? I’m not even sure what a wombat is! (I’m assuming it’s some sort of a mole-possum rodent thing with flying squirrel features)

Finally, I think you should give the Sharpshooter Class an edge, advantage or special ability in the coming games. Y’know, just to keep it equal in effectiveness to the other classes, since apparently everyone thinks it’s the worst class out of the four and offers nothing advantageous that the other classes don’t already have.

P.S. I’ve been meaning to ask, but what are Uni’s powers again? I don’t think the game ever stated what they were. Well, I suppose it doesn’t matter much since she we won’t be seeing her again anyway… Right?..

3 Likes

I agree about the sharpshooter needs something extra. Right now, is just pick it to lose. It feels so useless and defenseless. I would like a dlc between two games with character development like party dates, and some investigation. And each class receive an special bonus if can find the clue. Like go investigate your father files and then you find a special upgrade. Or just a mega cat birthday party… Mega Genki is so awesome!!

Comments like this one make me think I should go back and tweak the mechanics for Part 1.

I should use fairmath for relationships and combat stats and I should nerf the other classes a bit and upgrade sharpshooter.

I also keep going back and forth about just getting rid of sharpshooter, which might be the easier route to take.

Keep Soldier with high Thud and Zap (reduce Hmmm)
Keep Detective with high Hmmm and Shhh (reduce Pow)
Keep Acrobat with high Pow and Whoosh (reduce Thud)

That would eliminate equipment overlaps between classes and make my life easier.

I keep wondering who could be roleplayed as a Soldier class? Punisher maybe? Perhaps Captain America, if you count his shield tosses as Zap? Maybe Iron Man? Maybe I should rename the class? “Tank Mage” is too D&Desqe.

There are tons of Detectives (Batman, Elongated Man, Question, Rorschach) and Acrobats (Daredevil, Nightwing, Spider-Man)

I had wanted the Sharpshooter to mirror Green Arrow, Hawkeye or Wasp.

3 Likes

I rather liked @Everyday_Superhero’s idea of just giving the sharpshooter a leg up in Book II. Give the role a sharp edge, so to speak . . . (And now I’m thinking about ice skating.)

Less hassle, you can keep moving forward, and I actually rather like the idea that not every build will succeed in every issue.

I’m not particularly wedded to success, though. Others may disagree. Interesting play-through is more worthwhile - although I do somewhat object to a recent game I was playing where my character had a normal life. I was then murdered, right towards the end and rather out of the blue.

But as long as my character survives and I don’t have to restart? Why not!

1 Like

I wouldn’t assume that Uni is permanently gone. And I think she explained it once, perhaps during a date scene, that she has an exaggerated form of muscle memory.

I don’t think you need to change the first game, the others 3 classes are fun and changing them might lead to angry customers.
The problem with the Sharpshooter is that their stats are the most underused, leading them to be very weak. Like it cant beat Uni using the surprise attack, since they don’t have good Pow or Hmm.
Their primary stat (Zap) is always a bad option to use, it lead to decreasing rep with characters and suboptimal results (like everyone disliking you or getting a B on Breaking test).
Woosh can only be used effectively by the Acrobat, because the two times it can be used, it need more than the Sharpshooter has (like the Flag test and the Breaking/Defense test).
Shhh is only used in the Flag test, it the worst stat of the game.

To the Sharpshooter become a good class, it need more opportunity to shine. But I think you can remove it, since no one seems to play it, and leave the others class like they are.