Community College Hero 2: Knowledge is Power (Would a Game Guide for CCH1 & 2 be helpful? post 1941)

Maybe its the first time someone has said something in support of dr.Hover while insulting him greatly at the same time.

The closest he got to being useful in Part 2 was tossing Cavalierā€™s bombs at the Speck 7 during the 7v9 fight. Admittedly, itā€™s not that all impressive.

But he does have potential. Dare I say, vast, nay, unlimited potential!! (that was going overboard)

3 Likes

Space, the final frontier.

2 Likes

Actually, Dr. Hover could be amazing in close quarters. Think about it: he can essentialy fly in straight line. Pretty useless, right?

But what if he didnā€™t fly? What if he used his power to jump? Itā€™s never been said it has to be a line toward the sky. With some analytical training, he could use his powers to bounce off walls really fast and use hit and run tactics. Moreover, he could lauch himself in a direction and then interrupt his hovering midway to throw his opponent off.

Thereā€™s no useless powers in the Afterthoughts, just badly used ones:

-Quickie: too narrow minded. First law of enhancement powers is to have some kind of training to back it up. He can use it up to three seconds (six with Cap Calā€™s training), but he doesnā€™t need to. What if he used it on one part of his body? Perhaps he could use it for 0.1 second, just enough time to punch someone and knock them out. His biggest weakness is the fact he insists on using the three seconds at once.

-Hi-Jinx: didnā€™t really get what her power was. It seems she can partially morph her body. That would be amazing for stealth if she wasnā€™tā€¦ Well Hi-Jinx.

-Friendzone: pretty obvious; investigation or interrogation. Although if she learned how to create fear, she would be more versatile.

-Pink Cavalier: does he actually generate the bombs? Because if he used something else than glitter, he could be dangerous. Otherwise, just give him a stun gun to support his stunning capabilities.

-The Spiked Gladiator: same as Pink Cavalier.

-Bouquet: I literally had to look at the game to remember they existed. Canā€™t say anything about them because I donā€™t know anything (up to their gender).

-Rain & Shine: their abilities were already highlighted.

3 Likes

So I went on the path that suggested a Stoic romance, but never led anywhere for me. Did I miss something?

I think Hi Jinx manipulates sound

No, Stoic is a slow burn. Basically, if you hugged her at the end when she saves everyone from certain death, youā€™re successful in ā€œromancingā€ her. Sheā€™s not the type to open up, so her path isnā€™t as obvious as it is with the others. Very subtle points of affection such as smiles and dinner are what you get from her in CCH2.

1 Like

I donā€™t think friendzone can evoke fear. Her power somehow triggers the dopamine which makes everyone feel euphoric. As, along the game she never emphasises that she can use her power in any other way than making her opponents feel sickly good. Yeah, her powers will be more than precious in interrogation. Her abilities still can be useful in a combat. She can mislead the opponents, the best part is that she can use it on a great number of people. Itā€™s like hypnotizing a whole crowd at the same time. Just like she did in the 7vs9 fight. Plus, for a character as sweet and bubbly as Friendzone to be able to generate fear will make herā€¦ creepy.

Friendzone would be awesome at calming a terrified crowd of civilians too! That way, it can prevent unnecessary deaths borne from hysteria, stampedes, and what not.

6 Likes

I will have to steal that. It makes a ton of sense.

5 Likes

Iā€™d like to second this. Mind Screw powers like Friendzoneā€™s are devastating in a fight, actually. She has a limited sort of invulnerability by way of her power because she mentally disarms anyone sheā€™s up against. If her hold is strong enough, she could get away with a lot during a fight because of that ā€” dealing damage to someone and them essentially thanking her for it. Itā€™s fortunate she wound up a hero because sheā€™d be absolutely terrifying as a villain.

Even if she canā€™t influence someone to that extent, sheā€™s definitely cause some disarray when up against opponents. Of course, thereā€™s a pretty big drawback if she canā€™t pick and choose who to use her ability on when someoneā€™s in her range.

I knew about @karlsia 's DG and Nil last year, and he showed me Tress right before my vacation, but this week I saw his Origami and Uni and Iā€™m now all like ā€œMy babies!ā€

8 Likes

I hope that stuff carries over to the next gameā€¦ I romances DG in the first and was able to completely retcon that in the second, I was fine with that because I saw the stoic option. I just hope the relationship I built carries over.

I donā€™t remember of any anti-hero being featured in any CoG or Hosted game. Such characters really give a different kind thrill to the story. @Eric_Moser , do you plan to introduce any such character in next CCH story? Ya know, the kind which is not really a bad guy but is not a good Samaritan either

Arguable whether Fallen Hero and The Hero Unmasked! Cant be played as/dont have antihero chars.

What do you mean? Or is this a response to another comment?

that was a response to zombiefanā€™s comment, sorry for the confusion

1 Like

Yeah it will. I simplified the code. But there will be no deviating from the RO. No jumping from one person to another. That crap is too complicated to keep track of. Thatā€™s why I think the ā€œon/offā€ reset at the start of Part 2 is a good thing.

4 Likes

I was wondering if I could ask a question, if and when you have the time?

I donā€™t know about Fallen Hero but Hero Unmasked! Was fine. It wasnā€™t really mindblowing. But it had that kinda characters. There was that vampire, what was her name? Bloodmist? Yeah, maybe. She was sorta antiheroic.