COMING THURSDAY: "Heroes of Myth," New Author Interview, DEMO, and TRAILER

Just finished playing, can’t wait to buy it tommorrow.
So I can get back at Letha by not proving her innocence and/or by getting Evan on the throne, right?
Cause I do consider what she did a betrayal especially since she put the rest of us in so much danger by confessing to the most powerful women in the kingdom.

7 Likes

Can’t comment on any specific post-demo opportunities, but those are goals you can pursue, yes.

1 Like

So are there actually going to be any repercussions with the princess knowing we lied? I have finished the demo and she seems to not care.

Confessing to the love one is logical and sensible… nothing wrong with that

The most important thing in a love relationship is honesty … although i agree that it is difficult for everyone to be completely honest to our love one, i admire those who manage to do that.

@Jay_Tarrant , throughout history, kings and queens were always morally ambiguous , they won’t care if anyone were to lie to them … all they want and care was whether or not the end justify the means…

1 Like

I might’ve let go if she told it a waitress, merchant, baker, even a minor noble, but not someone who could get me and the rest of the group hanged or executed in a drunken confusion or sudden fear of losing the claim to throne with the truth coming out.
And as for what’s important in any relationship, to me it’s trust and loyalty. If I’m in a group and we unanomously agree to keep it a secret I expect everyone to keep it to the grave.

5 Likes

The ends would justify the means if you did something bad, to achieve something good for someone other yourself. Lying to royalty for money and power, which they then find out about, would get you killed more often than not. Though she might let Letha live, treating the player as if they have been anything but an inconvenience is just a little hard to believe.

3 Likes

Doesn’t this contradict your anger then? Letha was truthful and loyal. To the one she loves.

1 Like

Trust and truth don’t always align, telling the truth to someone shouldn’t be at the cost of the trust given by others. I know Letha cares for us(atleat the mc), but I would never trust her with anything again after this.

6 Likes

I agree. To be trustworthy, in my opinion, you need to keep your word. Letha did not, even though she was honest (sort of).

1 Like

Hahaha… i meant if in the end, the person’s action manage to achieve what the monarch’s ambition or intention , then the “lies” are of course an “order” from our majesty … but if the end not justifying the monarch’s intention, the Lies would be a crime, of course… welll, that was at least based on all monarch in real history :wink:

@Bahamuht well… from the start, MC and the group were no saints, each of us had agenda of our own, and those promise were actually promise of a Rogue alliance, we could blame Letha for spilling the secret, but don’t forget we were in the wrong in the first place … :wink:

2 Likes

That would be true in real life, but in the game we don’t know how this lie benefited the heir.

2 Likes

To each their own I suppose.
Personally we could kill someone after we just met yesterday but if everyone agrees to keep quiet, I’ll keep it that way for as long as I can, from everybody even from the one I care about the most. Honestly if I found out someone spilled the beans, my first thought is to get back at them(I might be a little petty) by having them pay no matter what, even if it meant keeping them quiet permanently to save the rest.
@Jay_Tarrant Marrying one of the heroes that “saved” the world could be considered as a benefit, since it also gives the princess an edge against her cousin.

3 Likes

Yeah, though from what we heard she was a better ruler even before then.

Well it outright said that she had been slowly taking responsibilities from her father. As long as she is competent she is guaranteed to take the throne, there is no way it would fall to her cousin unless she screwed up majorly. He may be popular with the people but monarchs aren’t elected, so she is safe.

Until a game is officially released (You see a thread claiming it is released) anyone that beta tests or otherwise assists in that game’s production should be careful only to talk about info that has been released into the wild.

Please do not discuss things not yet known outside of the demo!

12 Likes

Normally that’s true, but in this case it seems that with everyone looking to Evan as a more traditional heir even if the princess is a competent ruler the majority of the kingdom seems to be willing to hand it over back to the prince.

2 Likes

Except that historically rulers can do whatever they want to the people with almost no consequences. The people have little power in a monarchy, and since he is more traditional from what you say that makes it even less likely. He may be the most popular nobleman right now but that will not change who will be named heir, since he isn’t a direct descendant. He could only feasibly seize power if she abdicated, he proved to be a better ruler, he killed her, or if the people revolt against her. All of which are unlikely from what the demo shows.

Given the fact that we were in the wrong in the first place wouldn’t that be more of a reason to keep it a secret than expose it ? Since the repercussions, of such a thing are damaging and possibly life threatening to all in involved.

4 Likes

Actually Evan was supposed to be the heir, but was too young at the moment and it was passed to the princess’s dad whose bed-ridden, so she’s more of a substitute heir. Plus the monarch doesn’t have all the power here, the Academy has a reasonable amount of it, and are not only capable of taking the princess’s claim, but some are against her since she didn’t become a mage or decide to marry one. Which is why the Academy is pushing for Evans to be king while also probably trying to get him married to the daughter of one of the chairman.

2 Likes

Ah, see that clears up my confusion greatly. Thank you. This could be interesting if the current monarch passes before an heir is fully determined creating a war of succession.

Although by power I mean power to make rules, laws, start wars, etc. Not power as in influence.