COMING WEDNESDAY: "Stars Arisen"—New Author Interview, Trailer, and DEMO

Trailer:

Demo:

Author Interview:

67 Likes

Big congrats to @abbytrevor!

14 Likes

I am really looking forward to this Abby! Congrats on a story that has excited me from the day I learned about it. :revolving_hearts:

13 Likes

I’m so happy for you @abbytrevor and excited for this to be out! I loved the interview too - it’s always lovely to read how other people work - and am very intrigued about future dragons, ghosts, and ghost dragons!

12 Likes

I’m all in! Let’s go! And

• The weight of history, again
  • Meddling in forces beyond mortal comprehension
  • Just a really big snake

Time to destroy more Mavericks, I suppose! I also like it when other people share their thoughts.

5 Likes

I loved beta testing this game, but I can’t help being just a little envious of all the fans who are about to have the pleasure of experiencing this story for the first time. I’m sure they’ll find it as immediately gripping as I did: it’s this big complicated world with a lot going on and a truly unique magical system, but it unfolds with elegant simplicity as the sheltered PC steps outside their cloyingly circumscribed life for the first time. There’s so much to do and to explore, some cinematically epic set pieces and some lovely little touches. Each playthrough delivers hours of enjoyment.

There is also - and I cannot emphasize this enough - a dog. Whom you can pet.

I know it’ll be a few years before we actually get to see that ghosty dragony game hinted at in the end, but when that really big snake is finally ready to slither onto the scene, I’ll be right here waiting to kill it. Or befriend it. Ride it? Pet it? Seduce it after learning its tragic backstory? Feed my enemies to it, laughing as they plead for their lives? All and/or none of the above?

If Stars Arisen is any indication, it will be well worth the wait.

15 Likes

I played the demo during the development of the game and I really liked it, I’m looking forward for the full game release.

Can’t wait for my MC to be a terrible daughter again (I just can’t stand the Sorceress). I remember that I played with the intent to destroy the stars and protect the townspeople. For the romance, I love Vivian so much. His romance development during the demo was so sweet.

9 Likes

This is one game I’ve really been looking forward to since the moment I saw it posted in upcoming games. I look forward to finally playing it!

2 Likes

As a beta tester I can confirm this game was well worth the wait. It’s one of those stories where I could envision a whole novel written from pretty much any of the main character’s perspectives. Delightfully dense and interwoven.

And if we cant smooch a dragon, ghost or not, in the next game, I’ll be deeply disappointed /s

2 Likes

I’m not going to get very specific about the next game yet because I really did only start seriously working on it within the last couple weeks and anything could change, but I will say that it’s a personal policy of mine that I don’t put supernatural creatures in my games that you can’t romance. I’m no fool.

(Romance at least one representative of the supernatural creatures, I mean. I make no promises that you’ll be able to romance every single member of a supernatural species that appears in a game, because that would get impractical.)

27 Likes

The only correct policy, really

8 Likes

Can’t wait to see everyone reaction to a game that I have greatly enjoyed playing

2 Likes

Sometimes you realize just how simple some things are in your life…

“So you mentioned shooting lightening? Yes please!”

5 Likes

Congrats to Abby! It makes me nostalgic to think that I saw the WiP thread for Stars years ago. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Very excited for this. I played the public beta a few times, but never commented on the thread because I honestly didn’t have any substantive criticism of it. Excited to see how it came out!

3 Likes

Congrats @abbytrevor this is one game i’ve been looking forward to ever since i first played the demo :slight_smile:

4 Likes

So excited. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Why is this coming out on Wednesday instead of Thursday? :thinking:

The short answer is, a complex web of behind-the-scenes scheduling concerns.

6 Likes

…well alright then. :rofl: