COMING THURSDAY: "Heroes of Myth," New Author Interview, DEMO, and TRAILER

Sorry last question what type of character does Meredith like besides being okay with demons? I notice she doesn’t respond positively to us choosing to trust her and about us trusting to easy. Just wondering if that lowered my relationship with her.

1 Like

That gets into post-demo spoilers a bit, and it depends on the specific choices you’re talking about. You might have been failing a stat test rather than doing something that will always offend her, though.

7 Likes

hurr durr…the one I like is already spoken for…pfff!

Oh well…

I wonder if that fairlass set us up from the beginning…I mean twist it backward…and it’s possible…

2 Likes

Honestly Meridith is the best RO for me, she had that kind of enigma that draw me , and i constantly wonder whether she is Good or Evil , she remind me of that demon lover of Dean winchester in super natural … without spoiling anything… i got the 2 best possible romance ending with her

What romance ending are you talking about, the games not out till Thursday? Also Dean never had demon lover that was Sam.

1 Like

Yupe… about Heroes of Myth

Dean was the elder brother right? I forgot which one , perhaps you are right, she appear in 2 seasons i think

What two best possible romance endings are you talking about? It’s only a demo.

I think i shouldn’t spoil anything more …
Trust me, you will love Meridith Romance

You beta tested I’m guessing.

This is an amazing epic story telling, i will buy it when it is available so that i can keep reading it again…

Had you read the original Forgotten realms novels by Ed Greenwood? It has the same vibe of those stories about the Harpers … love that old school feel

3 Likes

Yeah, I really enjoyed Meredith too. But for different reasons.

1 Like

Kind of bummed out about Letha not being an RO despite presenting that option to say you were interested in her in the beginning. Could have been an interesting route to go since I don’t believe really any COG/HG has had that kind of situation really. But besides that I really like the writing and premise so far! Looking forward to getting it day one.

4 Likes

Regarding your spoiler: You can have a few more conversations with her about if you ever could have gotten together, but no, it’s nothing I would call an actual romance - that would have been a bit too complicated for various plot-related reasons. I was in two minds about how much to include there: not acknowledging even the possibility of romance with her seemed weird when it was an option for all of your other original companions, but I didn’t want to set up expectations of an actual romance path where there wasn’t going to be one. I tried to strike a balance in the potential scenes that do exist, of not avoiding any mention of the topic but making it clear she was unavailable, but I’m aware it might still be a disappointment - sorry about that!

Otherwise, glad you enjoyed!

9 Likes

No need to be sorry for any hard work you do, especially when you took the time to explain it. Just not too big of a fan of that method when its used personally (which doesn’t happen often so it tends to catch me by surprise all over again when it finally does again).

Either way, the writing is excellent so far and I’m sure you have a big hitter in your hands that I can’t wait to get in full!

2 Likes

I was a little confused at first, because the title sort of sounded like it might be a sequel to another game (there have been a number of games–both published and WIP–with hero in the title or references to mythology, and my brain just isn’t great at remembering which are which). Additionally, the intro seemed to confirm it as a sequel with the “already a hero of the realm” details.

Once it became clear what was going on, however, I really fell into it. The characterizations were intriguing, and I thoroughly enjoyed how many consequential choices there seemed to be between factions and your reactions to the whole situation. I don’t typically replay IF games, but I can see myself going through this one two or three times.

A lot of that is aided by the fact that choices rarely seem to be “good” or “bad”, “better” or “worse.” There don’t seem to be a lot of value judgements attached to the choices at all; rather, they’re more stylistic. That helps me a lot, because I’m one of those players who just can’t get myself to play an evil character, but I’m very interested in exploring different paths through the metaphorical maze.

I’m looking forward to this one!

9 Likes

It also feels less like something is “good” or “evil”, as well. Instead it feels more…“idealistic” vs "“pragmatic”, especially with the honesty bits. Usually, I feel bad playing a dishonest character, but this time, I can sort of take heart in the fact that dishonesty could also just be loyalty to friends!

@abbytrevor, when you play a completely dishonest character and go to meet Alvis, he says that “obviously, you couldn’t have done it, because you can’t keep a secret without being threatened” or something along those lines. It comes across as Alvis thinking MC is incapable of being dishonest, yet also as though he trusts MC. It’s very confusing.

He’s responding to your Showy/Subtle personality stat there - Honesty/Deception is unrelated to that reaction. I can see how it would be confusing, though!

1 Like

Kind of agree that this game doesn’t appeal to the concept of Good vs Evil, and personally i think the concept of idealistic and pragmatic had been mix in a unique way as well…

Well… i would want to continue the lies with the people because it feels good to be a legendary hero, that doesn’t mean i am evil because i still work hard to save the people from harm… because of love , i went through great length to trust and even helping the supposingly evil side in my idealistic effort to save the world, i was half expecting to be betray for my foolishness but sign a relief towards the end

That’s the reason i mention it has the vibe of Elminster and the Harpers of Forgotten Realms , simply because my MC is trying to shape the world with a self righteous image…Lol

I just want to say that 560k is nothing to gawk at, and I’m incredibly impressed by that level of dedication. Excellent work!

3 Likes

I am in love with the premise, completely unique for a CYOA. Yet I highly doubt that the heir to the throne, would forgive two murderers killing an innocent man (from her perspective) and performing an elaborate trick to secure power, manipulate said heir, and garner fame and fortune. At the very least our ‘hero’ would be treated coldly by the heir, not with complete neutrality. Hopefully the rest of the story is not as contrived.