CoG and Chrome Webstore

If you buy the Google store (web or play) version it’s linked to the account you bought it with, android or no, as long as it’s the same file.

No it’s not. Chrome and Play are separate even though they’re both by google.

You could send your receipts to choice of games though and they’ll credit you versions on their webstore so at least you can access the games there.

2 Likes

Strange. I’ve downloaded a game from here before into my computer using chrome, and when I got a tablet, I was able to redownload that game.

Weird. They don’t cross over for me.

It may be that, where are you exactly @Bagelthief ?, I assume Germany, that German law is more consumer friendly on this point. Being able to use your digital things on all your devices reasonably capable of playing them was debated in the Parliament here too, about a year ago, though nothing much came from it, but it could be the Germans have leapfrogged us both there.

Would mnemonic disassembly work for Choicescript…? It is essentially JavaScript, and I know Java has code execution exploits. Or would that be too far gone?

I’m not from Germany.

Okay, sorry for making the assumption, maybe Google just fears or respects you so much that they gave you a plum deal then?

-shrugs- Sometimes I play around with tiny bits of code but I’m really not that good at it. I could have bugged Google Chrome while messing around on something else? Maybe I’m just lucky? Who knows.

I’m in England, by the way.

Okay.

BTW, anyone here have enough experience with the new Windows store to speculate on whether that might be a viable and more user-friendly option than Steam for us PC players?

Bad news, they already tried that.

1 Like

Welp, so that’s not an option either, then I guess I’ll just have to hope that CoG and GoG will have a talk at some time in the future.

And JUST when I was getting into playing CoG on my computer,THIS happens.

Well,at least I have Steam.It’s something.

Well, I’ve no quarrel with Steam since I use it all the time and have over 400 games on my acc. CWS had much lower prices for my country (Poland) than Steam though, so I preferred to buy from there. I’d imagine CWS’s revenue cut was also lower than Steam’s 30% and CWS had more games in the catalog.

Aw, bummer, just found this out. :disappointed: Always used the Chrome store, avoiding Steam whenever I can (just not for me).

Any chance for GOG, somehow? Or anywhere else? I have no ‘device’ other than my PC to play these on. :worried:

1 Like

Steam is a viable platform for me over chrome providing I can transfer my chrome purchases. Hopefully Valve get over themselves and allow the rest of the CoG/Hosted games catalogue to be put on Steam.

Failing that stand-alone downloads from the CoG/Hosted web site for each game would be great.

1 Like

Wanted to add to this, I so much would prefer a way to save my games locally (on my PC) because I don’t like having to depend on a server to keep my saves nor need online access to carry on (cross-over saves from game to game, in-game still saves locally (I hope)).

Or is this not of interest to CoG?

1 Like