Circus of Noir (Future W.I.P)

Lol is this better:

2 Likes

Oh this picture of Mirror is much better than the other one! …not that I’m saying the other one was bad or anything! He just didn’t look all that feminine, but this one he does!

2 Likes

lol I have other references of Mirror:
IMG_0246IMG_0242

5 Likes

As a gay guy I generally prefer my men to look like, well, men. (I don’t mind a bit of a feminine look, but most of those look completely female.) That said, I’d be fine with Mirror if he dressed like this the entire time:

:blush:

5 Likes

@ParrotWatcher, I understand where you’re coming from, but Mirror is supposed to be a trap. He’s basically supposed to be so feminine looking that he gets mistaken for a woman by the audience on a regular basis (it’s even in his description). So, making him look masculine the entire time kind of contradicts his character description. Plus, I don’t know how comfortable Mirror would be if he walked around in nothing but a towel all the time.

With that in mind, it could be an interesting idea if @OracleD3 had a scene in the game where the MC accidentally walks in on Mirror half naked, that way any doubt that the MC may have of Mirror’s gender is immediately washed away. Plus, who doesn’t like a little fan-service every now and then? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

@OracleD3 On a different note, let’s talk about Ash for a sec; in his description, it says he has pitch black skin, and yet the picture you provided us of him has him with purple skin. Now, I’m not complaining or anything, but I kind of like the way the picture is representing him, so do you think it’s possible to change his character description a little to match the picture?

3 Likes

I’ve never really liked the term “trap”; the implication seems to be that gay guys will pretend to be women to “trap” straight guys. (I also understand it’s disliked by transgender people, too, for similar reasons.)

Actually, that gets me wondering. Is Mirror transgender, or non-binary? Are they actively trying to present as feminine or androgynous? More importantly, do they actually identify as male, or is it just the gender they were assigned at birth? I feel that treating them as some form of non-binary (a demiguy, maybe?) would be far better than just labelling them a “trap”.

6 Likes

Honestly, I’ve only ever seen that phrase used in anime, and the way it is used is just a guy that looks like a woman, regardless of their sexual preference. Basically they just naturally look feminine, without much effort at all, whether they want to or not. I apologize for insulting you by using that terminology, that was not my intention.

2 Likes

I sense a theme going on here. First a witch’s path with AHS: coven and now this with AHS: freak show. There’s gotta be a connection. But what is it?

4 Likes

Lol well Mirror is actually based on my friend Mirror who actually resembles this. He’s extremely good with animals so I thought he’d be the perfect animal trainer. And he is very feminine looking not that he tries to be lol he just always looked more like a girl that a guy which is why all the boys in our school would fall for him. Not joking either lol everyone was ok dating him even if they where straight they would ask him out.

lol actually was thinking of adding a beach party scene where the circus goes to Hawaii so the factions go to the beach to relax lol.

Lol well that’s all they have on Pinterest when I was looking at demon boys because most had white or red hair or something lol. Would this help a little:

Sounds like Mirror to me, lol just kidding ha!

No he’s 100% male, born male and identifies as male too. He just resembles more of his mother with his girlish face, hips, and butt. And he also has long hair because he thinks it looks nice… he actually gets annoyed when people mistake him for a girl lol.

lol maybe I should do my god story instead to break the cycle :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Quick question, is there going to be a link to the WiP this time? I only ask because A Witches Path doesn’t have a link (none that I saw, at least) to it, and I would really really really like to check out Circus of Noir!

2 Likes

Probably not for a while honestly. A Witches Path is taking a while cuz I want it to be perfect. But this is because I don’t have the whole story figured out just concepts and pieces. So once I know the storyline then yes.

3 Likes

If anyone wants to suggest a backstory for why the MC decided to join the circus fill free to tell me. Cuz so far I only have:
Rich parents that kept your wings hidden so you won’t shame them.
People formed a cult about you and your wings and thugs were starting to get dark.
I don’t know? Lol so suggest away!

6 Likes

How about having multiple choices, and depending on the choice the players makes determines the stats a little. Example, the rich family route would give the MC a slightly higher charisma then the others, while the cult one would be… strength maybe? I don’t know.

Anyways, here’s a suggestion for the MC back story; The MC could have come from a large family, and several of their siblings, and have to keep their wings hidden even at home because they would be bullied by their siblings on a regular basis out of jealousy (both because they wanted wings too, and because they felt that their parents paid more attention to the MC and thus they wanted the attention too). And by bullying, I mean the verbal kind. Like, always calling them freak and saying that they should just go join a circus. One day, as the Circus of Noir rolls into town, the MC decides to follow their siblings “suggestions” and join the circus (while also running away from home).

3 Likes

How about… too much attention back home. In their original home (be it a city or a town) everyone treated them differently. But, not necessarily in a bad way. You were adored, revered, and doted upon by most of the residents of your home. But it didn’t feel good.
You knew it was only because of your wings, but no-one would ever admit it. But you knew. It made all of their words of love and admiration taste like poison. At the same time, however, you’re so used to the attention that you’re not sure how to go about without a little bit of shallow love. So, when the Circus of Noir came around, y ou saw the perfect balance between both.
Though, choosing this path would probably make the MC a little more stoic, withdrawn, shy, or even sarcastic because they find it difficult to read people. Or maybe better at reading people which would REALLY help with all the murder that follows the troupe.

Or maybe, there should be options along each background you choose that will be there no matter what? Options for base states like Charisma, Strength, Dex, etc.
But, for the more genre-connected stats, THAT is what would be affected by your background? This one would probably give a boost to an “Interrogation” stat.
The “shamed rich kid” route could boost a “Language” stat as most rich kids in stories show it by being pretty verbose and use wider vocabularies. This would be the reverse of an “Interrogation” stat as it would give you the means to talk your way out of a tough situation. I know that sounds like Charisma, but perhaps the genre-connected stats could be sub-categories of the base stats? Charisma is overall how likeable you are, or how much people gravitate toward you. Language would be how persuasive you are.

That’s already a lot. I’ll stop here.

But, on another note, I noticed some people talking about how the images contradict the descriptions. Guys, these images are just for reference. They’re to give an idea of how the characters look. They’re unlike to look EXACTLY like these pictures. This WIP isn’t Oracle’s priority right now, so all they have is ideas. For now, please try to keep that in mind.

They’re working really hard on Witch’s Path right now.

4 Likes

Hi there :slight_smile:

Okay, some ideas…

1: Maybe something like Benjamin Button, you know? Like, abandoned at an orphanage and, when you are 18 years old, you need to get out, and the only place that hire you is a freak circus…because…wings…

2: Maybe dying parents(or one of them…like, solo mom/dad) at a later age, like, 17/18 and you need survive, so, circus…than you can choose if you had a bad/shame relationship with your family, like, they hided you and said that you are a curse, or a protective/good one…or if you had a bad family, you run away…don’t need to kill them…

3: A little “out of common” (is that a expression in english? I don’t know), maybe a city that is “normal” being different, like…did you ever watched “Big Fish”? With, the “crazy city”? But you wanted to get out, “fly away” (pa duntss), the circus passed, you joined…

4: I don’t know how good is science in that scenario, but, maybe the only thing you remember is growing up in a “hospital”, for studies, you know? Like… what they did with the werewolves in “Werewolf”, with Benicio Del Toro; acident, fire, explosion, you run away, circus

English is not my first language…or second…so, any mistakes, sorry :B

4 Likes

Wait… that was inspired by AHS? Holy crap, I have been blind for this whole time.

2 Likes

Well some of it was based on Coven lol. It’s based on a lot of the witch shows and movies I like. AHS Coven is actually what the Night Coven is based on and the show a Charmed is the main inspiration of the White Coven.

3 Likes

Great suggestions on backstorys so far every one. Putting them all in my notes just in case I do want to use them.
So as the Fallen Angel you will have 2 jobs in the circus:

1. Your performances during the freak show.
  2. You will be singing in the circuses cafe as entertainment to the people eating.
    Both important for your career.
    Here are some outfits I might base your MC stage clothes on:
    IMG_5271
    If you’re wondering why the male MC is shirtless during his performances it’s to show the audience that they are real wings not fake, same as why the female MC has backless outfits. The Ring Master/your boss will choose your outfits and what songs you sing at first. But if they see that your doing a good job with the crowd and bringing in customers then they will let you pick the stuff out like choosing these outfits:

Here is the first song you will sing during your first stage show:

And here is what you sing in the cafe:

And this is if you invite one of the RO to join in your performance I’m a duet:

All of this is just a maybe of course lol.

9 Likes

I was wondering if one of the songs we could sing is this one?

(Note: I do not know if this will show up or not…)

And if one of the outfits the female can wear is this:

latest

Or something similar?

5 Likes

Ooooooooooooohhhhhhh that gives me an idea for a scene!
How’s this! It’s Halloween and the circus is doing its Halloween event one is a trick or treat haunted tour for children! The MC dresses up as a angel with a lantern sings this song as they guide the children through the dark haunted road where the freaks try to scare the kids. The MC then leads the kids into a bright tent where the preformers are passing out treats and giving shows to the kids.
lol maybe I’ll do that and maybe there will be some murderers following you in the shadows lol

12 Likes