Circus of Noir (Future W.I.P)

Looks good for a preformence.

4 Likes

I’m loving the concept of this story! Could I suggest some songs too?

These are soft songs, I thought they’d match the angel aesthetic but idk.

4 Likes

All of them are pretty young, none in their late 20s or early 30s.

2 Likes

Well I thought it would be weird having the MC be 19 dating a guy who’s 34 you know cuz of the scum bag test?

Found another song that the MC will sing in a show:

Also looking at ew boy band like songs :nauseated_face: for the male MC. I just realized most the songs I listen to girls sing and the boy singers are mostly rock songs. So need songs that will get the crowd boy crazy for MC(hell no to Justin beiver) kinda like this song but… with more lyrics:

Also trying to think of the killers image and brand. Like should they have a calling card they leave at the scene and should they have a costume or something. Lol like that. My original WIPs demo is being looked at by my friend so I have more time to think about this stuff lol.

1 Like

I was thinking of a woman around that age. But yeah if the MC is 19 that makes sense for the ROs to be closer to that age. But as for other people being older I don’t see much of a problem. It would be a little odd if everyone was in their teens and early 20s.

3 Likes

@OracleD3 I have more if you’d like.

I’m stacked with songs :+1:

3 Likes

Lol any songs the Male MC can sing to get the crowd thinking how dreamy he is lol.

I know these are love songs, but they are the only two male songs I can think of;

Male you say?

I’ve got you :v:

2 Likes

What test? There’s a test?

1 Like

Yah the scum bag test. It’s the test of what age you can date someone younger than you with out being a scum bag. The test is: half your age + 7= the age you can date someone younger with out being a scum bag.

So while I’m waiting for my partner to do his editing for the demo of my other WIP I’ve had time to think of stuff for this story.
Soooo tell me if this is insensitive/offensive?
I was thinking of having the maintenance, care of the preformers, booths, exc by… little people…
Is that a bad idea??? I got the idea from this video:

So let me know if this is ok/ terrible. lol I was going to have the freak Wyatt joke calling them umpalumpas which results in him dodging a bottle that one of them hurled at his head… they don’t like him because of that lol.

Also going to have the Freaks live in Tents: the ROs since they are the main stars of the circus have their own tents. The preformers though have trailers, like the nice kind that could be used on Hollywood sets or houses.
Also the Freaks have to take shifts on cooking for their faction while the preformers have catered food.
Just things I’ve thought of.

3 Likes

I looked up what people with dwarfism, as a whole, preferred to be called and found this:
“Today, the word “midget” is considered a derogatory slur. The dwarfism community has voiced that they prefer to be referred to as dwarfs, little people, people of short stature or having dwarfism, or simply, and most preferably, by their given name.”
http://www.lpaonline.org/the-m-word

So, by the current PC vernacular, I would say that as long as you stick to those terms you should be fine… as long as you treat those characters the same as any other non-little person character.

That is my 2 cents at least…

1 Like

Sounds very interesting and the female freaks sound great. I’ll definitely romance them all. Also when you put the picture of Sora from Kaleido Star as the base for Gwen, imo it would probably be better to use Layla or May. Since Sora’s personality wouldn’t fit Gwens at all with not being princess-like, snobby, etc. Now Layla and May however, their personality is spot on. Loved that anime by the way.

4 Likes

lol I only seen amv’s with that anime in them so I haven’t officially watched it. I just looked up anime acrobatic girls and she was the only thing that showed up. Just images of her so I just picked one to use as reference.

1 Like

I was more worried about if making them the maintenance of the Freak part of the circus was offensive?

I’ve thought about this (I didn’t want to make a snap/rash reaction). As long as the little people had equal opportunities to move out of janitorial roles and “normies” also had to work those positions, it should be fine.

1 Like

The Freaks will give them a break and divide the chores and the work. But the preformers will treat them only as the help mostly.

I didn’t know people on the CoG forums listened to Lizz.

1 Like