Chronicler Christmas Contest!

I will be joining this competition as well. I technically already have a small submission almost ready except for gathering opinions and making edits. It took me a while to understand the basics of chronicler. Also to test out how I would do with second person view and present tense.

I might be creating a second submission so I can learn to use the variables. Oh, and to test out second person view and past tense this time.

Testing these out since I am so used to third person, past tense.

Hey! @ShadowBroker, I resemble that remark! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Genre, gender, pineapple juice, it’s all the same. It’s all matter.

Lucky you, @Icura, having someone to gather opinion from. I only have me, and in my opinion my opinion stinks, but don’t tell me I said that. I have a thick skull but a thin skin, if you follow my meaning. :astonished:

2 Likes

Sounds like fun, an entertaining break from stress as well. You can count me in. :wink:

This is so very tempting. I would like to say I’m in, but I’m not sure if I can finish anything within the deadline…as my projects has the unflattering tendency to experience scope creep. I’ll try making something short all the same (also, it’s an excellent excuse to try out Chronicler).

So, consider this as a tentative participation on my part.

@Arcania & @Xenodochy

I look forward to your contributions :smile:

I might change the “only completed stories are eligible for prizes” rule. The deadline is fast approaching, and people have been reporting some annoying bugs with the current version of Chronicler.

Obviously completed stories are preferred, but an intriguing storyline and excellent writing should be rewarded as well.

This sounds really cool. I wanna go ahead and throw my hat in the ring. I can’t promise that I can make a complete game by the deadline but I can try at the very least.

But do we have to use the most recent version of Chronicle. I know I have a version that I’m familiar with on my flash drive. Can I just use that one?

@FSketchy

I look forward to your submission as well. :smile:

I don’t see why you can’t use an older version, but at the same time, I don’t see why you would necessarily want to. :confused:

The latest version has the new CS compiler which generates CS code almost exactly like a human would write it. (:

also, depending on your version, Chronicler hasn’t changed it’s basic features all that much.

Well, I may make it, or I may not. We shall soon see, shan’t we? :flushed: At least I’m having fun writing. :grin:

2 Likes

Note: I changed the rules. Incomplete submissions are now eligible for prizes. :wink:

1 Like

Oh, I’m sure they have to be somewhat complete incomplete, though. :neutral_face: Just saying, just saying. :sweat_smile:

I am new to all this, so it is a hill of learning to climb. Saw Jack and Jill tumbling past a few moments ago. :scream:

1 Like

And submitted. Am I the first? Am I the first? No? ;_;

@Icura
Indeed you are!

Congrats! You win one congratulatory remark from myself!

1 Like

Greetings competitors, just a quick note to say that I am willing to extend the deadline to the 15th if anyone feels they need more time. Let me know.

Otherwise, be sure and have your submission (completed or not) turned in by this Sunday at 11:59pm PST.

At this point, I will create a new topic wherein I will paste each submitted game into its own post.
In this manner, individuals can simply “like” the games they wish to vote for, and may even vote for more than one game.
Furthermore, this prevents cheating as one can only “like” a post once.

Voters can also post reviews below the entries. For this reason, you must have your game turned in lest it get lost in among the review posts.

Thanks for competing!

• BenSeawalker

Now don’t extend it on my account, but let’s say although I’ve got the basic story down it is not quite yet really at all anywhere near playable. Of sorts. :sweat:

I shan’t cease to work on it though I may miss the deadline, as I learn things all the time. Mostly my own limitations in terms of planning and code, mind you. :blush:

Tell you what, we can’t have a contest with only one entry. XD

So, if you don’t have it in tonight, you’ll have till Friday at the latest.
Same goes for any other entrants who still wish to participate. (:

1 Like

Received and understood, @BenSeawalker. I shan’t give up trying, yet I can’t promise more than that. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I am sorry Ben but I will give up! T_T Your programm turned against me and deleted my saved data O_O Lets says your auto-save is a bit buggy >_< anyhow I feel it was already too complicate when it started to overwhel my laptop’s core. :sweat:

sniff Anyway! Wish the rest the best of luck! Specially to @Taylor_Enean who seems a bit in a rush… a big one >w<

Thank for let me participate though :slight_smile:

Rush, me? Not at all… Well, not if I was the Flash™ any way. :grin:

Mostly I struggle with the code, in addition to understanding how to make the programme do what I want from the code. Maybe if I had a firmer grasp of Choice script itself I would comprehend the ins and outs of the utility more readily. :flushed:

But thank you, @ShadowBroker, I shall do my best. :persevere:

1 Like

@ShadowBroker
The autosave system keeps multiple autosaves. They can be found in AppData\Local\Chronicler
Hopefully one of them isn’t corrupted. (the startup feature just loads the most recent)

Otherwise, I’m assuming it didn’t delete your choicescript .txt files, right?
You can just open Chronicler and import your startup.txt!

I’m also willing to accept your submission without a .chron file since it’s given you so much trouble. I apologize. ):

@Taylor_Enean

Is a super helpful resource. I suggest you read through all the sections. (It only takes 20 mins to an hour)
I used it regularly when I was writing the CS parser for importing projects. (:

1 Like

Thanks, been trying to learn, but I’m more of a poet than a smith, and not necessarily a good poet. :smirk:

It’s like this - I know what I want to do in theory, story-wise, but can’t quite seem to get it done properly in practice, code-wise. Still, shan’t give up! With enough time and a big enough mallet something shall enter my dense caput! :sweat_smile: