- Download the ChoiceScript source from GitHub
- Now you need to extract the files. In Windows 10 I go to where the files were downloaded, right click and select extract.
- Then I select the destination where I wish to extract the files.
- So now choicescript is downloaded what do I do next? I found it extremely overwhelming when I first downloaded choicescript. There were so many files and I didn’t have a clue what any of them did. It’s okay though, you can just ignore them all for now.
Ignore all of those confusing files and folders and browse to the web folder.
- Now inside the web folder are a whole lot of other confusing files. (This is where the ‘web/index.html’ file is which the choicescript tutorial tells you to open. But I’m just going to ignore that too.)
- There’s yet more files. We’ll skip by these as well for now and open up the scenes folder.
- Inside the scenes folder are a bunch of text files. This is the basics of your game. This is the folder you’ll spend most of your time in.
The only two files in this folder you need are startup.txt and choicescript_stats.txt You are free to delete all of the others if you want to.