Problems Getting Started

Alright so first off, hi. New to Choice Script, not new to writing, but I’m looking to get better and love these games, so I figured why not give it a try?

I’m hoping that I’m just doing something wrong here or that its just my small knowledge of the used terminology, because otherwise that would mean something is wrong with my computer. The introduction to Choice Script says to “extract the zip file” and then open a second file. I am able to open the Choice Script file, but I am not sure whether or not “extract” means just open or save to my computer. Also, when I do open the web/index.html file (the second file), a page opens, but doesn’t load. Like I said, I hope that I’m just doing something wrong and my computer is not the problem as I can understand the commands and codes, its just that nothing will load for me.

I’d really appreciate any help anyone can give me, whether you know what I’m doing wrong, if you know that it doesn’t work on certain computers, or if I possibly posted this in the wrong category.

Zip is a file format used for data compression and archiving, so the ChoiceScript .zip contains lots of different files, already sorted into folders. Save it to your computer first. To then extract its contents you just need to right-click on the file name and select the option to “Extract here”. That will create all the required folders for you and place various files in each of those folders (you’ll still have a copy of the original .zip). The files you will be mainly dealing with are in the “mygame” and “scenes” folders respectively. However, before doing anything else, at that point I’d suggest first taking a look at:

Ah I see, thanks, that really helps!