Choice Of Zombie: Impressions

@Zed,

Oh, I’m not far off! Top # of kills: 64. A mere nine more kills and I can consider myself a bloodthirsty zombie terminator!

Kill, kill and kill again.

@iMorpheus,
Yep, last time I played the highest was 73, which i had an easier time getting by detouring for Chris/Lev and killing the zombie horde either by shooting a gas tank or using my shovel kung-fu skills and then getting a good barricade up on the final stand and attracting a ton of zombies doing so. good luck getting nine more kills :slight_smile:

Choice of Zombies is my first Choice of Games game. I love it. I’ve played it about ten times so far, and continue to find new branches I hadn’t seen before. As for romance, there is the bit about Anita wanting to get in bed with you (if you play a male and pick the right choices up to that point); I refused her, and haven’t played through that set of options again yet to see what happens if you say yes. I suspect it’s not as romantic an outcome as one might hope.

I’ve enjoyed playing through multiple times and trying to discover all of the branches of consequence, but I wish I could save the game–even if I only was allowed one save at a time–to make it easier to check out multiple branches. But it does go fairly fast when you’ve read something before and can just click Next.

I still have to check out all of the other games on this site, and maybe some of them will be better than CoZ. But to someone new to this site and Choice of Games, CoZ is bloody fantastic.

1 Like

@eposic: I have played several other CoG titles; I must say that CoZ is my favorite so far. The ability to save games would be a plus.

On ‘making it’ with Anita, how does that work?

Sex with Anita is…um…interesting. From what I recall it only happens if you don’t have either the useless character or the kid with you. Otherwise she targets one of them instead.

1 Like

Yeah, @iMorpheus, like @P_Tigras said, the only time I’ve seen it is when I went to the church without any other characters tagging along. I saw it come up when playing as both a male and a female, so that gives you something to think about.

1 Like

CoZ was awful because it didn’t take itself seriously, it couldnt tell wether it was parody or not. Also the only character I cared for at all, not even my own character, was Kayden, everyone else were useless and annoying. If you want to play a zombie game, play Exodus.

i liked it bro, i just loved the 1st character you meet.i connected with him and was sad when he died. it was a nice try,could be somewhat better but still good.

what I didnt like about it is when your a male everyone is a male also, or they will end up dying eventually, and if your a female, everyone else is female, or they will end up dying eventually, didnt really like that :confused:

@Thatdudeoutthere Agreed. It seemed odd that everyone I found was of my character’s sex. They also seemed too much like caricatures, not real people. Their two-dimensional cardboard personalities made it hard to care about them.

1 Like

Looks like I’m late to the party. Just wanted to say that I found a way to get 79 kills (and simultaneously save four companions, and find the cause of the apocalypse).

I’m not sure about the spoiler policy in these forums - I’d like to post my walkthrough if it’s allowed.

1 Like

As long as you put [Spoiler] in the title, I’m sure that would be absolutely fine. :slight_smile:
I only got like, 46 kills or something. I’m a little embarrassed xD
I’ll have to play it through again.

[Spoiler]

No reason to be embarrassed! I have a feeling that I’ve played this game many, many more times than you have…

Well, here goes, then. Some choices don’t matter, of course.

Sprint
Male
Dave
Software
Hunting
I don’t waste time
Warn… may need my help
Yeah
I’ll go
Yes… church
Forceful
We’ve got to help
Hell yeah
Yes. Brian
Yes
Make a forceful
I offer
Try
I’ll attack
Right
A lighter
Text back
Try running
Yeah
I will side with Brian
Honk
Leave
Support Anita
I raise my voice
Windows
What’s wrong
I soothe
I don’t engage
Yes, because
Yes
He may not
Yes
Are you trying
Oh
You act
I sit down beside Kayden
Pretend
Yes
Wake up Brian
Demand
Tell Brian to grab Justin
I grab the gun
Knock
Yes. I have to end this.
Yes
I try
There’s got
Pumped
Ditch
Yes, of course
I tell Brian
No
I speak
Bust
I send
I make
Yes
Give
If I’m
I’ll try to lure
Examine
Convince
I’ll wander
That’s a really
I decide in favor

1 Like

@GhylTarvoke Thanks I wish more people would do this XD Just so I can see how to get the “perfect” endings! :slight_smile:

1 Like

No problem!

You finished the game with the following scores:
Medical: 72
Engineering: 58
Athletics: 45
Hand to hand: 55
Firearms: 71
Reflexes: 65

You managed to kill 48 zombies.

You managed to get the following people to safety:
Kayden

I think there’s actually a chance I got the best ending apparently, Richard ended the zombiepocalypse before it fully destroyed the world after finding the bunker where the virus was created, and gave a vial of it to the military, along with leading the way to rebuilding humanity

I think I’m gonna post my playthrough too, so…
SPOILER!!!

Sprint
Female
Alana
Advertising executive
Play sports
Squeamish and afraid of blood
Warn the Coursers… they may need help
Stay quiet
Go with her to the prison
No, the prison is still the best bet
Help the woman
Yeah, tell her I can’t shoot a gun
No, tell her we need another plan
No, I look at the things that used to be humans and can’t help but throw up
Yes, I don’t want my two companions at each others throats
Yes, rescue Carrie
Make a forceful argument
No, I don’t think the church is a good plan
I offer to get munchies
Try to save the kid
Attack the zombie directly
Run to the right
Grab the lighter and lighter fluid
Text Carrie back
Try running over zombies instead
Still wanting to throw up
Go to the mall
Hide behind Bonnie
I express my displeasure at not being warned
Yes, to back up Mary
Speak forcefully to Bonnie
Join the team hauling the barrel out of the basement
Ask Jennifer what’s wrong
I argue with her conclusion
Stay to calm her down
Go find Kayden
Ask Bonnie to come
Start shooting
The one on the right
Sickened
Go back and try another way
Continue down Elliot street
Back to main street
Yes, of course!
Tell Bonnie to shoot the propane tanks
No, we can’t leave Jennifer behind
Speak forcefully
Bust out the louvers
Send Kayden
Ask her to do it for me
Yes, grab some supplies
Give her the nod
Ferry
Search the wheel house for a key
Grab the axe and start swinging
Poke around in the engine room
Keep looking for a loose connection or something
Run from the zombie
Try the front door
Kick the front door open
Check out the front windows
Break a window and try the shutters
Examine the exterior for other options
Climb to the second floor to find a way in
Ask Bonnie to give me a boost to the second floor
I really want her to stop watching long enough to boost me
Set traps

You finished the game with the following scores:
Medical: 40
Engineering: 50
Athletics: 70
Hand to hand: 59
Firearms: 50
Reflexes: 67

You managed to kill 42 zombies.

You managed to get the following people to safety:
Kayden
Jennifer
Bonnie

I would consider my game to be pretty good, I mean, I made it to the end, kept all of my companions alive and in-tact, and found a cure in the end. Pretty good game if I do say so myself. (: The perfect ending, just maybe?

The game felt a little sh*tty but I still like it. I’m always trying to get all the endings; it’s easy to get good endings, it’s difficult to get bad endings. I like bad endings more, so I wish there were easier ways to get them.

That said, the first game I played as a woman named Laura (Didn’t know about Nathan’s wife), I died on the outskirts of Fulton.

@aquos_boost if you like finding bad endings, you should try playing the Fleet.

1 Like

I don’t have the materials to buy the game but when I do (Could be a few years though) I will try it out.