Choice of the Vampire - community input [SEE POST 1305]

Can you post a screenshot?

Specifically the “part under strained circumstances
” and “our maker” lines don’t make sense in this scenario.
ScreenHunter_4188 Jul. 06 14.01

What’s weird about that is, that section is only accessible if Jesse is your broodmate. So, the jesse_is_broodmate is getting set incorrectly.

But I can run some tests to pin that down.

No, I can’t find how you’re triggering that.

You’re playing the beta, right?

yep, and I’ve been able to replicate it more than once so I don’t think it’s a fluke either.
Edit: maybe something to do with this in intro_to_karlstein? the above screenshot does reference Winters
ScreenHunter_4189 Jul. 06 14.20

I’ve just pushed a new build. Can you try to repro again using an incognito window?

And no, that wouldn’t be it. There’s a variable, $jesse_is_broodmate that defaults to true but is set false if you kill your maker or your maker is West.

Just tried again, seems to still be happening on incognito.
I’ll completely clear my cache and try again just in case tho

Yeah, you definitely need to clear your cache. There’s a *bug command a few lines above this section now that should crash out the game if your sire is West and jesse_is_broodmate.

So it was still happening even when clearing my cache or even using a different browser altogether, so I did some more snooping in the code and if my code reading isn’t wrong I think I may have figured out what’s going on.
under *if taught_three_rules = false in the convo in karlstein.txt, I’m not getting the Jesse Broodmate thing, but instead going down the *else path below, and since I ran in the swamp, my sire is alive, triggering the incorrect dialogue under the sire_alive bit.

1 Like

Oh, I see what the problem is. Sorry. Will push a fix now.

EDIT: the $sire_alive should be $jesse_is_broodmate.

1 Like

Is there any way to save clotho from MC maker? Plz anyone reply

No, I don’t think so.

Alas, no.

1 Like

So will she be there in vampire 3?

Squee!

16 Likes

My High Society French Quarter vampire changes her outfit every 100 years it seems :wink:

Seriously, she’d most likely stick with themes of the 1904 dress.

That’s my vampire, ZĂ©phyrine Chaigneau! :smile:
A well-educated creole of color who refuses to abandon her humanity.

The backgrounds are supposed to mostly correlate with the storyline as well.

• 1815 - (This one not so much, more just posing for a portrait)
  • 1862 - Strolling through antebellum neighborhood, nightdreaming about Silas
  • 1877 - Making preparations at Gayoso Hotel for the upcoming reception
  • 1893 - Schnaider’s Beer Garden (trees off screen)
  • 1904 - Enjoying the St. Louis’s World Fair (She’s smiling at Hiram :sob:)

I also worked on her mortal family tree and developed a backstory, because why not?

Family Tree

10 Likes

Alrighty. (Screenshots hidden in details)

Continuity error: the MC brought gas lamps to New Orleans, but then acts like they never seen it before.

When you justify blowing up the depot to Withers in the name of guiding history along, is that not the face of the Shepherd philosophy? So I feel Shepherd credentials should increase.

On the flip side, this answer is nonchalance, yet one gets increased Shepherd rep.

Same problem here

Spelling error circled

Taking an active interest in mortal race relations should increase shepherd rep. Taking advantage of this gathering should decrease it.

Again, wolven positions somehow give shepherd rep. And shepherd positions somehow decrease shepherd rep.

Vegetarianism should be quite shepherd

As should supporting higher education

Nonchalance should decrease shepherd rep

Why do you lose approval with Hiram for agreeing with him?

MC regrets not staying in touch with mortal family, it should be a shepherd position.

[Side note: Moments like these, if I’m not misinterpreting them, really bring home how much Hiram cares about the MC if they have a strong rapport. I wish the MC could act or react upon these sweet moments manifesting. For example, at the 1884 circus, I would like the option to keep the MC’s hands intertwined with his instead of pulling away. Or maybe an embrace when Hiram gives them a longing look after the MC drops him off at his haven. (after the second circus) let’s be real though, my biggest hope is for a full romance ]

Interest in mortal politics and ending Spanish imperialism marked as un-shepherd

I also have not been able to restore save points.

1 Like

Thank you so much for these!

Yeah, at one point I got confused about the S&W dynamic. It’s a legacy from this game being as old as it is.

I’ve pushed a new draft with these bugfixes.

I’ll have to think about why your rapport goes down with Hiram at that moment of agreement, but I think the idea is that he doesn’t like what you’re saying, even if it’s true. You’re showing him something he doesn’t want to confront himself.

And, hopefully the restore system is up.

I’d really love your thoughts on being Vegetarian. Where did I miss something for vegetarians? What moments would you have liked to have seen that recalled this fact? In particular, I haven’t done a pass on STL thinking about unlife as a Vegetarian.

2 Likes

If the MC ends up feeding with Jesse in Memphis (for whatever reason), the mortal victim always dies. While I can conceive of a vegetarian MC who tolerates feeding on mortals on the very rare occasion, I can’t imagine they would ever allow a death from their feeding.

2 Likes