Choice of Rebels: Uprising — Lead the revolt against a bloodthirsty empire!

As I said; I will need to read everything in context and wait until I see the whole - I still have my reservations; I’m not doubting your writing or execution, just my understanding at this moment.

3 Likes

That’s for the rural chapter. In the city where the presence of the guilds is strongest, I get the feeling that the merchant or artisan disguise might be tough to maintain. :worried:
And my mc really doesn’t want to adopt a drudge or noble disguise in Grand Shayard. How hard would it be to disguise as one of the free, but marginalised city folk?

1 Like

If the MC’s a helot, disguising himself as a member of the urban poor will probably be the easiest option.

Not hard at all.

It also won’t be hard for noble MCs to disguise themselves as a noble once they get to Grand Shayard.

1 Like

Wouldn’t they have their own distinct subculture and customs? It would be easy to look like one of them, but wouldn’t how a former helot acts give them away?

Maybe they would know you’re not one of them, but I doubt a noble or Alastor would. To quote Sandor Clegane: “Because knights are fools, and it would have been beneath him to look twice at some poxy peasant.” “Keep your eyes down and your tone respectful and say ser a lot, and most knights will never see you. They pay more mind to horses than to smallfolk.” Replace knight with noble or Alastor, and replace ser with kurios.

1 Like

Yes, the upper classes pay little attention to them, but they might just police themselves very effectively against “escaped” drudges trying to hide in their midst. As they are still part of a hideously oppressive caste system. We’ll see when we get there, I suppose.

@Havenstone have you thought of starting a patreon?

Also, what is your opinion on fans asking you questions directly? At what point does it become irritating?

It’s been suggested, but it would be more stress than it’s worth. I work at an international charity, which both gives me a lot of intrinsic satisfaction in my work (helping 200,000 people a year, many in life-saving ways) and pays me enough for my family’s needs.

It’ll be a few years yet before I’m ready to hang up my spurs and focus full time on writing. Until then, starting a Patreon would just give me money I don’t need in exchange for pressure I don’t want.

I love it – it’s why I’m here on the forum and have Rebels threads that run to thousands of posts. If I don’t answer right away, it shouldn’t be taken as annoyance, just busyness. (E.g. I’m writing this hurriedly from a cheap hotel in southern Nepal before heading out to spend the day visiting our work with income generation for disabled people and reducing cross-border looting.)

15 Likes

Hey, what’s the policy on spotting continuity errors in already published works? Should the spotter blow the horn, write their find hurriedly on a napkin and slide it inconspicuously to the author or shut their mouth and their roman blinds and not mention it ever?

1 Like

It would be much easier to sent it through the games support email found in-app.

1 Like

In 99% of cases, using the support email is the right answer. Neither CoG staff nor most authors follow the forums consistently, so reporting it here will rarely be as effective as sending a support email to the paid staff member whose whole job is to deal with bug reports.

But in my case, feel free to PM me. :slight_smile: The support team will just forward me your email anyway.

6 Likes

Havie could mara have a chance to try to conquest Hector again? I mean they have that banging Summer. I mean Nun Simon idea of banging is touch Mara hand soooo

@Havenstone How will the choice of who to lead the band in the MC’s absence affect the next game? Also, who was your favorite character to write?

So I’ve tried it several times, but just can’t seem to find a way to get the option to marry your cousin for the alliance. If anyone has any idea what stars you need for this that would be great.

To get an alliance with the Aristo MC’s cousin Calea, you either have to have an Intelligence stat of 2, or choose “The infatuation which I’ve never been able to escape, however unlikely a Keriatou-(your last name) marriage alliance” when you’re deciding your relationship with Hector later in the game. After doing one of those two, choose either “First, I get a message to cousin Calea in secret, trying to convince her to restrain her brother.” or “First, I try to get a message to cousin Hector in secret. Surely the two of us can stop this before it escalates further.” when deciding how to get Hector to stop hunting your rebels.

1 Like

Hmm the option is still greyed out for me. I replayed it once already in a relationship with Breden, and another single which didn’t change anything. Does my other stat have to be 1 charisma rather then combat?

I don’t think the Charisma stat vs the Combat stat should matter. Which option is greyed out? And is Breden male or female in your playthrough? If breden is female in your playthrough, then you either have to choose “The temptation of a follower who is infatuated with me.” if you have Kalt as a follower when they first join or “The temptation of an attractive young nobleman who plainly admires me.” if it is Simon who has joined you.

Sure. But I can’t promise it’ll go well. :slight_smile:

On that note,

It’s worth noting that you don’t actually get to marry any cousins, just the chance at a romantic history with Hector. And @Kevrj has it almost right. You need to have indicated that you’re male-attracted (either with Breden or Kalt/Simon) or that you’re a romantic asexual to be given the “infatuation/marriage alliance with Hector” choice.

Otherwise, you can get a very similar dialogue opportunity by having Int 2 (other stats don’t matter).

You won’t be able to return to the Rim in person until Game 3. In the meantime, you’ll guide the rebellion in the Rim through communication with the person you chose as band leader. Depending on who they are, they will be more or less willing to accept your guidance on some things…

I think Kalt, Calea, and Horion were probably the most fun to write. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

So the bit of countryside the mc is going to be hiding in for chapter 2, is it more prosperous then the backwards backwoods of the Rim or even more of a backwater, like the Brecks?