Choice of Rebels: Uprising — Lead the revolt against a bloodthirsty empire!

Is the Archonate inheritable?

I hope the option to just physically demolish the “illegal settlements” will also be there but without the slavery.

Some of us do know how to Google your real name, so I guess we’ll see.

They’re still illegal settlements tho and should be demolished and I think that will become and remain my mc’s stated position on the issue.

You could allow people to directly set stats and tweak variables in a sort of developer (cheat) console mode. But then this isn’t Skyrim or Hearts of Iron.

Seems the Xaos lands are far more densely populated than any of us thought, eh? :sweat_smile:

With misses Merkel’s push for filternet we’re really starting to feel the fact that the EU doesn’t have a fair use doctrine or open ended norm for creating new exceptions.

1 Like

I thought your MC wanted to ally with merchants.

You don’t need to keep the illegal settlements to do that. Economic hubs move around like crazy during revolutions and wars anyway due to military demands and the resultant opportunities and profits.

Remember the cleruchies are hated by just about anyone who isn’t living in them or a Karagond, likely including the kinds of merchants like Leybridge whose support my mc needs.

My mc also wants to destroy the current Church and since they are still (nominally) the driving force behind those settlements…
In any case the settlements will be depopulated anyway with the educated folks re-distributed and the useless population deported back to the administrative divisions comprising their ancient homeland of Karagon.

2 Likes

But… destroying the gathering places of merchants will not do much to make them like you. Also, why would any merchant want to trade in your post-revolutionary state? It seems to me it will suffer the same problem that the Soviet Union did with regards to trade.

I think it might be better to do pre-made stories that take off to diferente places from each other, to keep the testing easier and see how the story is coming along for different players. In the Infinity series, at least, the recap option seems to be something not a lot of testes use, but maybe with Rebel’s point based system, it would work better.

I think use pre-made characters also cuts some time because it’s easier to program than the recap. But do whatever works for you :slightly_smiling_face:

Think of the amount of variables Havenstone would have to bring over.

1 Like

I personally think the pre-made stories are a mistake. There is no way to do continuity testing if what happens in Game 2 testing does not follow how Game 1 ended.

Those variables have to be brought over anyway.

@Havenstone Is there any way to block Telos-vision? Admittedly, even if it were possible, having an area from which no Telos is visible might just draw even more attention to that area, but under the right circumstances it might still be worthwhile. I was also wondering what happens to the meteoric metal once the aether it contained has been released? If that metal is still around after the aether is released, is that metal useful for anything? Is blasting powder used for mining? If so, I was wondering whether tunneling under enemy fortifications to plant explosives is currently in use? If it were done, how deep would the tunnel have to be to avoid either the tunnel or explosives being spotted by Telos-vision?

2 Likes

This is far, far into the future, but… would that potentially be an option, once the series is complete? Releasing a mega edition where all books are properly merged together into one giant Saga? Entirely unnecessary, I’m sure, but it seems like a fantastically cool idea to have such a huge Choicescript book.

1 Like

A Director’s cut? Why not but that would also be where Cog’s policy of no save slots or back buttons would really start to hurt. All five games pasted together 30 or so years from now would be absolutely huge.

2 Likes

I’m becoming increasingly curious about the Calea romance with a male helot mc. It’s such a terrible idea to get involved with her. It’s so terrible that I can’t not do it.

She’s a total snake. Insufferable. Too clever by half. But I can’t deny she’s a little sexy.

My INT 2 helot will find it difficult to pass up the chance to smang the wittiest young noble in the district but he sure as Taratur won’t let himself be used as anyone’s plaything. I look forward to seeing how this relationship plays out.

(Also thank you Laguz for introducing “smang” into my lexicon)

4 Likes

Yes, but he’d have to make hundreds of premades.

There also the thaumatarch’s heir if you really want a dysfunctional “romance” with somebody who really is as (or perhaps a bit more) smart as the mc. They’re also listed as being available to helots, but again I don’t see how our dear author is ever going to make that work, except as disposable sex toy, because prince(ss) nippletwister probably doesn’t even view (provincial) helots as human.

She seems like a good match for my MC then.

I think it’s more to do with the Keriatou’s Laconnier connections that kept Calea from becoming a Theurge, rather than any lack of skill on the part of her.

Now that’s a way to bind Calea quite firmly to our side.

Once Calea’s been seen practicing Goety, she’ll know that there’s no way back to the Hegemony for her except a Slow-Harrowing.

3 Likes

@Havenstone

Why are the helots so resentful of Bleys?

They’re slaves, and slaves don’t own anything of real value, so the Hegemony wouldn’t bother taxing them, right?

3 Likes

Because he’s a Telone, and Telones work for the Hegemony. (Also, they probably have something to do with Harrowing.)

But he wouldn’t have been a fixture making their day-to-day lives worse, like an Alastor. So while being a Hegemonic servant might merit a chilly reception from helot rebels, I’d expect more indifference toward a telone.

We can take in an aristo and even phalangites without issue from the helots. So “being a Hegemonic servant” doesn’t strike me as a good enough reason for that degree of hostility.

Given that helots are considered property, I wonder if some nobles “pay” their taxes in helots. I can imagine the helots might dislike tax-collectors then.

2 Likes

Very probably in Rome you could pay tributes and stuff like orgies and ludus in slaves. It is another currency. I could see some noble paying in extra helots for a harrowing.

@Havenstone Is there a way a helot that services the Hegemony in a special hero way or a helot that invented something that become noble or something like that. It maybe something like super special like save the Hegemony heir or something lol.

3 Likes