Choice of Rebels: Stormwright (XoR2 WIP)

In the context of presenting an alternative to Harrowing (or at least a critical supplement that reduces a state’s need to Harrow to less horrifying levels), what stage of usefulness (aka the ability to be mass produced at affordable cost) will Phaedra’s agricultural biotech research achieve by the time we reach G4/G5?

Could MC’s early decision (as early as G3) to ally with Phaedra play a part in speeding up said research’s progress?

Or, given your earlier mention about Phaedra’s reluctant willingness to potentially fall back on “the old system”, perhaps she’s not as confident (in her own research) as she claims to be?

Duly noted, so how about a compromise: the homesick majority gets to play Nereish home defense (and/or invasion of northern Rump Thaumatarchy(ies)) as desired, while a mere handful of the Zhuj’s best/brightest accompany MC to Erezza as elite bodyguards and/or military advisors?

I agree that a rousing chorus of “Toss a Coin to Your Rebel” with Carles the jongler would be a nice way to spend an evening.

Behold my new idea for Shayard’s post-Hegemonic national anthem, “Paris Holds the Key to Your Heart”-inspired musical number!
(I’ll find time later to post the actual parody singing, for now, we’ll settle for the lyrics, and I welcome everyone to go into karaoke mode!)

(Opening)
Comrades! Ha ha ha…
Welcome, brave souls, to Shayard!
Here, share a tale, on me.
Discard your sad past,
You’re in Shayard, here at last!
I’ll show you Shayardene… dreams come true!

(Verse 1)
Shayard holds the dreams in your heart,
And every rebel plays a part.
We’ll march and we’ll sing,
To Shayard, in its spring!
And soon all Shayard will be singing with pride!
Ha ha ha! Ha ha ha! Ha ha ha!

(Chorus 1)
Shayard grants the key to be free!
We’ll surely kick Kleitos’ heinie!
There’s fire in the air,
Freedom’s flare, we declare!
We’ll gamble, and shout ‘c’est la vie!’
Shayard holds the key to your heart!

(Bridge 1)
When you’re on the run,
Go find Laconniers.
When your heart says don’t,
Shayard says do!
When you think you can’t,
You’ll find that you can can!
Everyone can can can,
You can can can too!

(Verse 2)
Shayard holds the key to our past,
Olde Shayard, we’ve found you at last.
Down with Kleitos,
His oppression, it will end…

(Chorus 2)
Shayard holds the key
To your heart!
You’ll be so “très braves,”
Playing smart!
Come rally through the night,
Setting flames, hearts alight,
A city of might!
Where a dream takes its flight,
And we’ll toss Kleitos’ corpse off a cliff!
Shayard
Holds the key…
To our…
Heart!
Ha ha ha!
Ha ha ha!

(Back to our main, non-singing discussion) So Havie, what would Carles think of such lyrics? In addition to the earlier mentioned “Toss a Coin to Your Rebel,” would he gladly promote a “Shayard Holds the Key to Your Heart” musical number?

All the more reason for my Homelander Eclect MC to go to Wiendrj and shore up his Archimandrite (potential) ally over there! (while Bethune stays behind in Shayard in build/maintain the bridges between MC’s band and the Westriding).

6 Likes