Choice of Rebels: Stormwright (XoR2 WIP)

Ok, I’m going to be a little self-indulgent and celebrate the community we’ve built here by rolling out a new occasional feature of the XoR game threads: ADAT (A Decade Ago Today). Because yes, we’ve been talking about it together for that long.

Ten years ago today, I posted the Choice of Rebels demo for the first time:

It extended through your first meeting with Horion (then called Platon) Leilatou, via a much shorter and simpler version of the winter starvation game. There was no arrogant aristo path, and only one prologue (Wolfbait – no Carles or Olynna).

By the end of the day, a bunch of people had given encouraging comments and helpful feedback. Some of those first day’s commenters are gone from the forum and much missed, like @FairyGodfeather and @Laguz (then known as Bagelthief). Others are still here with us, including @poison_mara and @Ramidel, the longest continuous commenters on this beast of a game.

Anyway here’s to the next decade, in which (God willing) I finish the series – and to the decade gone, with all the fun conversations we’ve had along the way. :slight_smile:

33 Likes