Choice of Rebels Part 1 WIP thread

Beelzebub is a dumb name.

You should call him Aragorn or Chewbacca.

This is what happens when you get a bunch of guys that watch to much Lord of the Rings and Star Wars together…myself included
By the way @Havenstone congrats on the son

1 Like

I was thinking Rancor Balrog Havenstone would make a good name, actually.

Congrats @Havenstone

Congratulations!

I hear that Reynold de Eramant is a great name.

I like Rancor Balrog Havenstone. It’s strong, fierce, and your never gonna accidentally call him by his brothers name.

1 Like

How about using color references in your name? Not sure if you’ve ever watched it, but the web series RWBY had some cool names like Ruby Rose, Weiss Schnee, Blake Belladonna, Jaune Arc etc. Coincidentally, Havenstone - if that’s your actual surname - works, with the right choice.

Congratulations! Or as they say in Karagon: kale genethlia tou sou huiou!

Commiserations and congratulations to you @Havenstone

Any particular reason we can’t use Theurgy when we ambush the Architelone?

@havenstone wouldn’t nobles already know how to read and write or have childhood flashbacks and develop the skills so that you don’t have to choose one where it won’t work in some situations

Congratulations and thanks for posting that article link.

Thanks again all.

@Sneaks, was there a moment when you thought Theurgy would be particularly useful in that ambush and you weren’t given the chance to use it?

@Azraeldrake9, a 0 INT noble does still know how to read (unlike a 0 or 1 INT helot) – literacy is one of the advantages of being a noble. Your problem if you’re a 0 INT noble isn’t the literal inability to read, but the inability to do much with what you read. As it says in the game if you pick that path, you find “absorbing all those facts and ideas” by reading simply “too much of a struggle”.

1 Like

Congratulations, @Havenstone !

@Havenstone

Not especially, since I seem to win automatically so long as I take them by surprise. I only thought it was strange that you could use Theurgy in practically every other combat situation except for this one.

Also I’m curious as to how far along you are in the game so far, and how many other installments Choice of Rebels will have. I’m assuming we won’t be taking down an empire in a single game.

…I had more to say than that before, but the forum eating my comment sapped all the motivation out of me to type it out again.

I believe @Havenstone said before that he planned to have five or so installments wether or not that’s still accurate, I don’t know.

Here’s a repost of his tantative outline:

"GAME 1: Uprising
Prologue
Chapter 1: The Fourth Harrowing
Chapter 2: The Outlaws of Whendward
Chapter 3: Strangers in the Woods [the current draft ends early in this chapter]
Chapter 4: Hounds of Karagon

GAME 2: Storm-Wielder
Chapter 5: Chaos and Telos
Chapter 6: The Dance of Shadows
Chapter 7: A Glorious Season
Chapter 8: The Archon’s Choice

GAMES 3-5: most chapters outlined in my proposal to CoG, but (a) highly subject to change and (b) spoilery. "

Edit: this forum really needs a proper quote function.

@idonotlikeusernames

Thanks. :slight_smile:

This forum needs a lot of things. :-w

@Havenstone

This reminds me, I saw the word kurioi a few times when speaking with the Architelone. I assume it is a gender neutral version of kurios/kuria. It doesn’t have any other meaning does it?

“Kurioi” is plural, and non-gendered. Was that when speaking with the Sarinatou brothers, or other lordlings in the Owlscap Pass?

I thought I saw it when speaking to the Achitelone. I would need to double check where it was. It didn’t confuse me in the narrative I just wanted to make that was what it meant.

Edit: Is kurioi supposed to be plural *and* non-gendered or can it be plural *or* non-gendered.