Children of the Gods (Important poll #12306)

So, you guys, a little question, if it’s okay. When the Gods do the reveal, do you have to blackmail them no matter what?
Cause that doesn’t sit well with me

2 Likes

No. If I remember correctly, you can just accept whatever they offer, which is immortality I think.

Blackmail for the win! Lol but seriously the only thing that the gods would offer you is immortality. But if you blackmail them, you can force them to leave you alone, bring your dead friend back to life and be immortal.

Wait, you get to choose? Or…?

You can choose to either force them to make a deal with you (this is basically blackmail that I just talked about where you can force the gods to give you three things that your MC wants.) Or just go along with them but they will only give you immortality but that’s only if you win the Trails.

Awesome, thanks. I do wonder why it’s basically plot required to blackmail the Gods.

Well if you hate the gods (there’s a option that allows you to choose how you feel about them.) And I’m sure the blackmail was added so the players could have a choice to force them to do what the MC who hates the Gods wants them to do him/her/them.

Personally I just love the idea of seeing Zeus crapping his pants when I force him to swear on River Nyx to not break the deal with me or he’s gonna die. He’s actually afraid of Nyx. But then again, we’re talking about the King of Gods who is afraid of Cronus, Athena, Hera and depending on which myth, he’s also afraid of Hades and Poseidon.

I’m pretty sure you mean Styx.
Nyx is a goddess of night and doesn’t really play a big role in the mythology, while the River Styx is one of the rivers of Hades. Any vow you make upon the river Styx must be upheld or it will kill you. God or mortal.

1 Like

Honestly there’s too many people and places in the mythology to keep track of. But they do say that Zeus is scared shitless of Nyx plus I wouldn’t exactly call her not playing a major role since she happens to be the goddess of night and one of the first beings to come into existence.

I’m just a tiny bit disappointed that Zeus is the only father now. There was so much potential with Uncle-Dad and Broseidon xD Also that glitch when you choose not to give a speech is driving me up the wall.

7 Likes

I know I wanted to do a stoic MC but somehow I ended up delivering an inspiring speech

2 Likes

Right?! And I didn’t want to blackmail the gods just like that. I also still don’t get if you get to ask for what you want or you have to pick all 3 things. The latter just seems a way to force the MC into immortality. -_-

2 Likes

For me blackmailing them was better since you get to be free, become a god, and have your first bf/gf back from the dead, when the gods only offer you immortality, it was also a bonus for my mc who hated the gods

Meh, I mean, I can see my MC pulling something similar, but maybe not right off the bat. Makes the MC seems greedy. Also my MC wouldn’t want immortality, and bringing back the first RO has a big potential for disaster.

4 Likes

The thing is if you ask them later, they wouldn’t have sworn by Styx and wouldn’t be bound to give you your demands

1 Like

Fair. Mostly what bothers me is the lack of choice. They’re both basically the same thing. (Also the fact that I can’t play past the no speech part -_-)

1 Like

I seem not to be able to get Hades as a father I kill Saxon and with as my highest stat but no cigar just poisiden

Both Hades and Poseidon have been removed as fathers, Zeus is now canonically the Bearer’s father.
The game is currently being rewritten, as such the demo doesn’t yet reflect that.

We’re not sure when the game will be updated, however.

I hope this answered some questions.

2 Likes

Hades will always be my dad.

Sweet new picture btw @rose-court

9 Likes

True. If father’s day would come then I’d ditch Zeus and spend some quality time with Hades.

Meanwhile Aeson is sulking in the background.

@rose-court Nice profile pic pastel queen :sparkles:

5 Likes