Children of the Gods (Important poll #12306)

Well, that would be amazing to be able to arrange matter and energy however you’d like it to. That power alone would still be enough to destroy just about anyone by simply re-arranging the matter itself inside whoever you’re targeting then spilt them all up to the point that it can’t be joined back together. Now I’m starting to see why Cronus and the Greek Gods are afraid of the Bearer. Just like Oppenheimer once quoted “Behold, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.”

4 Likes

we are the Doc
MissManhattan-DrManhattan01

5 Likes

Yeah I actually had Dr. Manhattan in mind when I was making the last comment lol

I think you and I are coming from different starting points and that’s why we’re at an impasse.

Edit: Just read your own edit and yeah, we’re definitely starting from different points, but I still say my argument has merit, and I’m still gonna show it to see if anyone wants to read it.

Re-explaining the Big Bang

The Big Bang didn’t create the matter that exists in the universe as we know it, instead the Big Bang is merely the descriptor for the expansion from the singularity (which contained all energy and matter before it was energy and matter) into the universe, and expansion that continues to this day.

The Big Bang did not create the universe, it only disseminated it.
And the Essence is described similarly.

“…as a result of pulses of energy from the fathoms of chaos, you were created. We call you the Essence; you were…are…the absolute source of power in the Universe.”

Zeus continues. “The energy you emitted then created six other sources, also known as souls. Those sources were the first gods: Gaia, Uranus, Chaos, Nyx, Tartarus, and Eros.”

Except for the specific realms of influence that the beings represent, this is very similar to what we believe happened to our own universe.

Super mega ultra rushed science lecture under the cut!

From the expansion of the universe in what we call the Big Bang, there was a great cooling and coalescence of energy, forces, and matter. These fundamental forces, equatable to the first six gods in the game, are: gravity, electromagnetism, and the strong and weak forces (they are literally called the strong force and the weak force, that tripped me up the first time I heard it so I just wanted to be clear), and are the building blocks for existence as we know it.

Electromagnetism is what keeps electrons bound to atoms, subatomic particles themselves are bound by the weak force, the strong force is what binds all these atomic structures into matter as we experience it (larger structures like our bodies, the earth, my dog, etc), and gravity is…gravity, the interaction of all these objects of mass.

Phew, at least my college science classes haven’t gone to waste!

Anyway, my argument is:

• The Bearer can only change and rearrange what is already in the universe

because…

• The Essence is the universe itself and therefore cannot destroy or create itself without a resultant paradox

and I believe this because…

• The description of the creation of the universe in-game and irl are nearly identical.
5 Likes

is there new content or the game still end in the 1st trial?

1 Like

There’s no update yet.

2 Likes

Aeson is probably either Arthur or Lance, he always gets the nice parts. The mc is probably a random commoner, or again a “villain” like Mordred, or maybe even Guenevere.

14 Likes

Rohie has mentioned that the MC will be a major character in the next flashback so we’re probably going to end up being Arthur, Lancelot or Mordred if King Arthur wins the poll. Although she also said that she had some pretty great plots laid out for both Arthur and the Salem Witch Trails.

2 Likes

Here you go, we will be a major character.

3 Likes

i was not asking for update, rather if there was new content since the last time i did read it (the last update i read it ended in the start of the first trial.)

What I meant was there’s no new content with the demo since from what I understand, Rohie is doing a rewrite and will not update for awhile.

I apologize if you thought I was telling you off for asking for an update.

2 Likes

Hmm, I have a feeling that if Arthurian wins, then the MC will be Mordred, and Aeson will be Galahad, the perfect Knight of Camelot.

In some versions of the story, Mordred is the rightful ruler of Camelot, and Arthur is an usurper.

5 Likes

I voted for A Thousand and One Nights because I feel I haven’t seen this story redone that much.
I was surprised in the results that King Arthur is very popular. I guess everyone wants to be a knight? :joy: But honestly, I feel that it’s overdone.

I was intrigued to see that the Salem Witch Trials is tied with King Arthur though. I think that’d be more interesting, especially to see how the brief romance will end in this flashback. I wouldn’t be surprised, like someone said earlier, that the bearer will be the one to end up on a pyre. :sweat_smile:

14 Likes

Hey, for all we know the MC could be Galahad, and the Bearer could be Mordred.

But really though, I feel like everyone’s voting for the Arthurian stuff expecting to be Arthur, Lancelot, or Guinevere without being aware that they would be too old since the Bearers and Bestowers almost always don’t live past eighteen, while Arthur and Lancelot both have full grown kids in the most important tales.

7 Likes

All of them looked great, but I voted for the King Arthur.

no worries bro, thanks for answering :wink:

And the Salem Witch Trials win by 1%!

29 Likes

Wow, that was a really tied poll. Looking forward to the trials.

Best friend/boyfiend/girlfriend isnt named here. Also in the last sentence they are refered to as female even when I picked the best friend option where they are male. (my MC was female. Not sure is this is an imoprtant information but just to be safe)

Edit: Yesterday I used the tumblr link for this WIP. Is that the latest link? Just bc there was informations about how we can get Zeus, Poseidon or Hades as dads. And I tried to get Hades as dad (wit as highest stat and I killed Saxon) but I still got Zeus. Now if there is really no way to get anyone other as dad than Zeus then I would suggest to remove that information from the wip bc it’s just misleading.

1 Like

I really wanted King Arthur but Salem witch trials is still a great source for a flashback. It’ll definitely be interesting to who’s going to be who and how everything will happen.