Children of the Gods (Important poll #12306)

Thank you! And in regard to Saint, he’s a very complex character too. His actions don’t always match his reasons, to say the least.

And the “attacking” thing is a continuation error on my part. There’s an option that allows you to attack first. I’ll try to fix that if you use the objects from the Magikeep instead of fighting with a weapon/your fists.

3 Likes

This is very promising. Just be careful not to let Percy Jackson influence this too much. So far, you are doing well with creating an original plot. I can’t wait to see what you do with this.

Absolutely loved it can’t wait for next update and hate that cliff hanger but it left me wanting more so yeah can’t wait. Great work

I can only hope this will be better than Champion of the Gods. That was an official CoG with a similar premise but a complete let down in terms of character and storyline.

So far… its not bad.

3 Likes

This is amazing! I’m a huge fan of Greek mythology and did not find anything to dislike about this story. I enjoyed all the text and info that was given. And i cant wait to find out more and to see where you go with this. I look forward to the next update. Keep up the great work.

Just some basic grammar stuff:
Burnt amber, the same hue as the melted gold of Hephaestus’ welded metal.
The black obsidian reflecting the dark pit of souls in Hades’ domain.
You just (could remove) vaguely understood your role in the lives of the Gods
A glow of faint blue lights blind you for a moment (awk- consider rephrasing)
“Iroas.” Uncle Henry said

In terms of how all of the questions available to ask are structured, it seems as you are supposed to ask them one at a time from top to bottom, and instead of having this structure all in one page, would it be possible to seperate the questions into multiple pages to clean everything up a bit?

Sorry if this is all really nit-picky, I can’t help the english major in me, but I love the story regardless - can’t wait for more!

@Rohie This is so impressive and exciting :blush: I really like it so far! Cant wait for more :heart_eyes:
Also im looking forward to meet Calypso and Adonis.

A great start like History student this is so great. I found a lack of selfishness in the story so far. A I know I am better than those patetics hoodies guy slaves of gods. My favorite demigod is Eris. So I am portraying a ultra allure gothic rage wikan magician teen . With all that emo nonsense actitude , my father is Hades you know. Saint is ahh, I don’t like him. My character wants kick in his ass. She hate gods. Also I found an error part 3 line 90 you mixtured tabs and expaces in line 89.

So, is the game gender locked?
It’s a good one by the way.

Just ran a quick play through and can honestly say I’m so excited for this! Keep up the good work, like this has so much potential :>

This seems like a game with great potential so far! I hope we have the option to play as a male in the next update

I wasn’t sure how I was going to like this when I first started reading it, but it ended up surprising me! I got sucked into the story by the end and was disappointed when I couldn’t keep playing.

My one and only qualm is when you’re asking questions of Saint, it’s obvious that the questions need to be picked in a certain order for the answers to make sense to the first-time player.

So perhaps make some of those questions hidden or unavailable to press until the player chooses? Or rewrite the questions and answers to make it so that the player can answer them in any order? I think you could do either and make it work.

Other than that small thing I think this is an amazing game and I’m really curious about where it will go!

1 Like

Great premise and it’s looking like a very fun story and game Rohie. Always fun to play with mythology and it reminds me of Percy Jacksons books and the Scion RPG as well, which are both good things to me! I’m looking forward to see how it continues.

Why can’t I be the child of aprodite and feed on the love of mortals why! By the way when your in the flashback where it asks you what you did after the talk with your aunt where you hurt logan, when you select the one that trains your mind and body there is a bug I can’t remember exactly what it says but you’ll find it I’m sure. And in your stats screen you have a non existiant variable for magic stat. So far I don’t get the whole appearance because you can’t really custimize it yet, if you can make me understand let me know. By the way why is the gender only a girl.

I’m in love. Out of all the CoGs I’ve played this is definitely one of my favorites! I have a few questions though. First of all, will saint be a love interest? Will this story even have a love interest? Also will there be an explanation on why your body changes its height/shape/etc? I love this story so keep keeping on!:heart_eyes:

Thank you for the great feedback, really. I’ve began implementing the suggestions (especially with the way questions are presented) and I’ve also added some new personality options starting from Chapter One to give the MC some of their own opinions/views on the Gods.

Just to clear some things up:
@Xx.Dream.xX I had originally planned to make Saint a love interest, but I’ve looked over my overall plot, and I have a new role for him in the story as a whole. I think it will be far more effective with the message I’m trying to get across. So I’ll have to do some major editing with his earlier scenes. There are three fully developed love interests so far.

Also, yes the explanation as to why your body has changed will be explained during the upcoming scenes with the Gods. It’s not just some late puberty :slight_smile:

@adamthecowdog I’ll try to fix those bugs, could you give me the specific error message?

Also, regarding you lineage, your parent is preset. I have a God in mind that is your father, but would you all prefer to have your parent based off your stats when you enter Olympus (after the childhood montage)?

4 Likes

Can we choose are gender on it or no

Going to echo everyone else’s sentiment. From what’s available, I really enjoy it and hope you continue. The writing’s pretty good, and I like the large bits of text, but I agree in that it ought to be broken up a bit, for ease of reading at least. I personally like reading a lot about the background, though. As for the stats screen, I don’t particularly mind either. If it’s going to be skill check-heavy (i.e. where 1% matters, like the Lost Heir series), then the numeric one would be more beneficial?
I’ve got a few questions, though:

How do you intend to handle the Gods in this? While a completely faithful following of Ancient Greco-Roman literature would be a sight, I like what I’ve seen so far in that the Gods are still a bit ‘disconnected’ and a bit judgemental (well Ares at least, and he’ll always be petty) and unafraid to throw power about. They also had a propensity to interfere, with certain Gods having certain favourites (Diomedes, anyone?), so perhaps having patron(s) (aside from the parent) would be interesting?

Also, ‘heroes’. The Ancient Greek definition of ‘hero’ is a bit different from modern ones, and with the hints at being a reincarnation or there being previous lives it might be interesting to explore?

‘Wily’ Odysseus is remembered as a cunning strategist, yet his other epithet is ‘Sacker of Cities’. Achilles spent a crucial part of the Trojan War in his tent, and Theseus according to some accounts attempted to steal Persephone and Helen, aside from that business with Ariadne. Then there’s Jason and Medea… Admittedly the only vaguely-decent heroes from the Iliad, Menelaus (who defends Patroclus’ body, was probably compelled by the violation of hospitality to fight, actually mourns the dead/regrets the war in the Odyssey) and Diomedes (well, we was a badass and a pragmatic one) make it home without being murdered and become immortal.

Another thing I’d like to see (a big stretch, admittedly) is a way to play as a character with some knowledge of classical mythology and history. Constantly calling Athena “grey-eyed”, asking “am I going to be blinded or turned into an animal”, or “do I need to perform a sacrifice, I haven’t got a cow, some water or some grain” with varying degrees of intention. Then again being big on the hospitality stuff (xenia) might earn you points with Zeus rather being seen as an annoying wiseass.

5 Likes