Children of the Gods (Important poll #12306)

Well look at that, twice as many people now want Poseidon as their dad over Zeus.

2 Likes

I think you mean “Gods” :grin:

Poseidon all the way. My PC is the best balance between naughty and nice. Plus I love the idea of Hades as his actual uncle.

@Ridaxus I meant that indead!

1 Like

Is it too early to be constantly refreshing this page, hoping for the update? Cause I already am… :confused:

5 Likes

I knew I wasn’t the only one. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Waiting for the update is like watching water boil

2 Likes

How else am I supposed to cook pasta? :disappointed_relieved:

7 Likes

Flirt incessantly with a water nymph?

9 Likes

The excitement is so real :))

Part of me though imagines the ceremony to be like Halamshiral from DA:I :)) (hello deadly decadent court)

(Uncle Henry pls assist)

6 Likes

I’m not sure how the ceremony is going to be but I’m expecting it’s going to be a pretty serious and solemn affair. Which is probably what my MC would cope the best with.

But then again, it would fit with my MC’s fantastic luck, for it to be dramatic and weird…yet another thing she can go “What is this f***ery?!” to. :stuck_out_tongue:

Pretty much expecting Sage (or someone like Ares or yeah) to do something…worrisome? Maybe not exactly “scandalous” per se but more like definitely something to cause trouble for the MC :))

Hmm. I think I have reached the point where I am too hyped for this update!.

Side note: I expect Ares to dislike us if we pass or not. He seems like that kind of… God…

Sssssssssshhush.

I really AM going to have a heart attack at this rate.

Hypehypehype.

Nah. You’ll be fine.

Though pretty sure the entire thread will explode after finding out who father dearest is :stuck_out_tongue:

Guys, calm down. Considering it’s about half past two in the morning in Rohie’s timezone, I would expect the update to still take some time. (Also because I personally don’t hope her to disturbe her own sleep pattern just to deliver the update some hours earlier. That would be pretty unhealthy)

But I expect about 200 new post in few hours as soon as the update hits us…Alone thinking about how much content that will be… And we finally will find out who the father is. And we will meet Aeson in person…that will be interesting considering how much we already talked about him despite the fact he didn’t even show up in story until now.

4 Likes

God(s) I’d forgotten about Sage. Yeah, I could definitely see her cause trouble, besides the fact she wants to kill the MC after deluding herself (at least in my game where the MC’s innocent) into thinking we killed her brother.

3 Likes

Uh. Im not sure how it all works entirely. But the MC is the creator of the universe. So they created the first “beings” which created the Titans which then created the gods. So the MC( well what they are at least) is responsible for the creation of the gods. Which means they created their fathers.

Now this is the weird bit I am not to sure on: If Zeus becomes the MCs father in our personal play throughs, does that make Athena not an Aunt but a Half Sister? And if the MC is born to Poseidon or Hades, does that make her a cousin?

Its all a bit weird. I don’t know if thats how it works with the gods. If a demigod/creator of the universe can be “related” to a god in a conventional human way.

My mind is dead right now!

MC is not related to the pantheon that way (unless we’re talking about parentage). Rohie explained sometime ago that the words “sister/brother” (and the like) are the closest human equivalents to what the relationship between the pantheon is like – though again, not entirely encompassing. It’s like having to translate an untranslatable foreign word into English apparently :stuck_out_tongue:

So to answer if Athena is your half-sister (or cousin): not really.

And if I understood correctly, MC carries the Essence – the powers that create the universe – which was when Cronus decided to split that power between two vessels: Bearer and Bestower. So MC has the power of the universe but not exactly the creator of the universe in itself? Because the Essence needs a vessel, and in this case, MC got picked :))

Ok. Thanks. That makes a whole lot more sense!

It is kind of confusing. From what I’ve understood the Essence is the MC’s soul and what essentially is The Big Bang. The Essence was split in two by Cronos and is contained in human vessels, which will die at about 19 years (because the Essence burn out the Bearer’s vessel in the end), when the vessel “cease to function properly” the Essence will go in hibernation of some kind and the Bestower’s vessel will “die” as well. The MC we are playing as is the first one who’s vessel is a demigod.

In short. The Essence is the MC’s soul, the creator of all, while their body aka “human vessel” is a demigod.

Then you can go into a whole existential discussion of what makes up the MC+Aeson as persons. Is it the same persons starting from scratch each time and then being shaped by their environment/upbringing etc. Is it the vessel who influences what the person the Essence will shape into to be, that time, or will the Essence shape all Bearer’s and Bestowers into becoming more and more the same person in the end influenced by past lives and such.

Edit: Dang it, I wasn’t fast enoughto answer. ^^

4 Likes