Cabin One (WIP)

There’s kind of a big difference between “hate” and “don’t get along with”… Oh well, if you’re a teenager then that explains a lot. Just hang in there for few more years and you should get over it. Of course by that point you’ll be expected to act like an adult… and I still don’t know what the hell that means… :stuck_out_tongue:

I realize hate is a pretty strong word for it. Like I wouldn’t genuinely wish bad on anyone, especially a kid for that matter.

I think it is just me being a teenager. People say that. xD

@shoelip of course I not HATE childre in spain at least is used like metaphor not in literal sense when you consider them whinyn rats I’m not eat kids and yes its a illness cured by time plese don’t take all with a face value :-))

If I just start assuming people mean something other than what they say, then what am I supposed to assume they mean?

You kind of can’t do that. One of the problems with communicating through text.

yes sorry @shoelip I think the figurated sense was clear because here everyone use it for instance “I hate dogs” but only means I don’t like have a dog . It’s difficult to me forgot about my language to write in English

I like kids as long as they don’t vomit all over me and whine all the the time, even if they are part of the ‘SWAG’ cult then I just stay calm (Kind of hard when they call you ‘hoe’ and ‘bitch’) I just find kids annoying that’s my limit.

Some really crappy art of the counselors.

Cabin One is obviously your cabin and both are named Robin, who you get depends on your gender.

Two is Adam and Ree, who were made last minute but are probably the best at being counselors. Both are second-years.

Three, Zachary and Lynde. My favorites. :3

And four, the dysfunctional Lester and Cherry. (I can’t decide on Lest’s hair color so I left it white. Any suggestions?)

And then there’s Phoebe and Jason, and your father. Wee, I’ll draw them when I finally get a working tablet.

If you want to know about their personalities just ask and I’ll break it down.

Usually my art is really pretty, I swear. I just rushed this and I had limited colors (thus why everyone is WHITE) and no tablet. But I’ll get on making really nice designs that are detailed soon. :3

So those are the updates today. I’ve also written 1/3 of the Prologue and coded a teeny bit of it. This weekend I plan to finish writing everything, and in 1-2 weeks I’ll have a demo up!

Quick note on the demos, I’ll only keep the beta open for the first three chapters.and after that It’s a closed beta. Also keep in mind that the beta will only have one possible culprit to chase so your choices won’t affect that until the final game is out. ;D Unless you volunteer to beta test the final version.

So that’s it!

I love your art. It’s cute and it’s quirky and it’s filled with character. It’s not crappy at all.

Aw, thanks!

No one’s ever said my art is full of character before, lol.

You know I wrote a huge comment up for this thread and then forgot to post it. Oops! I wish I could recover it. I should have used this box instead of notepad.

I had a question, is there a reason why it’s your father who’s been framed? Do they know that he is your father since I’d think “oh no, the murderers kid they’re going to murder us too!” would be a common cry from kids everywhere.

Your father’s kinda the janitor for the camp (volunteered for it) that year so their case is basically that he’s the only one who was up that late and the locker room was locked after the murder so it had to be a staff member, and he had his keys on him in the morning unlike the other staff members. It’s a bit shoddy but the owner is desperate.

Yeah, that does come up in the story. The campers have been assured that the janitor was the culprit so they’re convinced you don’t fall far from the murder tree, and many are a bit scared of you. This is why it is essential you get along with the campers as much as possible.

The counselors are aware hat your father was arrested on ‘false grounds’ I guess you could say, so they play a huge part in solving the murder, as they will help you and Robin. (It is Robin who starts the investigation, for unknown reasons, so they convince you to stay at camp. Otherwise, you’d leave. Unless you choose to and end the game, of course.)

Oh! That sounds fun. I’m looking forward to seeing the first part.

I love your drawings! Each character has their own personality and its easily seen by their drawing! I would still like to know their personality. I also think Lester’s hair color should be either a light chestnut color or a light redish color but its your desicion! I can’t for the update :slight_smile:

I love them! Your drawings are really good! They are adorable and I LOVE THEM!

Ahhhh, thanks you guys. :smiley:

Okay, so basic personalities for the counselors… Sorry if they sound a bit cliche.

Okay, your cabin.

Female Robin is very sarcastic and cynical. She’s a realist, but comes off as pessimistic most of the time. She is also ridiculously lazy, so if you’re playing as a guy you’re on your own.

Male Robin is basically the opposite, he’s naive and optimistic, and is very dedicated to being a counselor. His naivety gets in his way, however, so he’s really gullible. If you play as a female you’ll find that he’s very easy to manipulate.

Cabin Two.

Adam is a second-year counselor, and probably the most experienced of the bunch. He doesn’t show interest in much of anything apart from fishing. He seems very kind, but is actually very selfish and only does things that benefit himself.

Ree is kinda weird. She’s very, very bossy and demanding, a no-nonsense type of person. But she’s also super sensitive so one wrong word from another will either leave her extremely angry or in tears. She’s also narcoleptic.

Cabin Three.

Zachary is the oldest of the group and a second-year as well. It’s widely accepted that he sort of ‘runs’ the camp. He’s level headed, and takes a very blunt approach to things. Many people find him very hard to understand and unapproachable. He is also huge neat freak and germophobe, but tries to hide it.

Lynde is an old childhood friend of yours. She is a plain, nice person who doesn’t stand out much. She can also be a pushover, due to her inability to say no to others. While she does mean well, she tends to screw things up often.

And Cabin Four.

Lester is very serious and proper. He likes things in order and believes he is always right, which he usually is. He doesn’t get along well with people his age, because he only really speaks to older people, he doesn’t have things to talk about with them. He’s really awkward but covers that up by just ignoring people. He also gets along pretty well with kids.

Cherry is also the camp’s lifeguard. She seems like a typical blonde. She’s as dimwitted as she is pretty, and ridiculously flirty and shallow. She likes to use her looks to get her way.

… I probably forgot stuff.

Done with the prologue!

I’m in the process of coding, and once I’ve done that, tested it, and drawn all of the artwork I need so far with my tablet (which I should get this week!) it’ll be up.

My guess is sometime next week.

I also have a question. Should I include appearance in the game? I have a lot of things I want to work in that would require defining things like physical appearance. But I’m also a bit reluctant to limit a player’s imagination.

I want to make appearance a prevalent part of the game, along with personality, but I’m not too sure…

Anyone have thoughts?

What do you mean by include appearance?

I find things like choosing appearance somewhat dull and pointless generally. While Choice of Romance does it, I thought it didn’t need to since it was just cosmetic really. And being asked to define my appearance in a choice of game can break my immersion.

What sort of things do you have that would make appearance important? Is there a murderer targetting only blondes? Or someone being bullied for racist reasons and if you were of the same race as they are they’re more likely to approach you?

Or is it just cosmetic? With having gifts of jewelry match your eye colour? Or do you intend to go for offering say four, pre-set appearances the player can pick and have an avatar drawn for each?

A combo of all of that but it’s more incoperating appearance into how others react to you, or something like that.

I considered doing an avatar like thing, but meh. It’s too much effort for something that really restricts players.

I think a single line would be enough. Rather than individually choosing hair colour, eye colour, build, offer several choices. Maybe also have them equate to stats.

Will race be important? Remember not to make all of your possibilities white.

Also in the horror genre it’s quite appropriate i think to have characters appearances based on their archetypes. You could go for something like that.

So your bookworm has glasses, a nerdy appearance, but they’re smart.

Your jock/cheerleader is blond, attractive but dim.

Which is terribly stereotypical but it at least gives a reason behind the choices.