Progress: Hacking away steadily.
Taking: General questions/feedback/ideas/things you’d like to see. Bug finds.
Disclaimer: Don’t take this game too seriously.
Boundless (tentative title) is a low fantasy story about absolutely nothing in particular. You’ll play as the leader of a ragtag group of adventurers, with only one rule: never turn anyone down. Your ultimate goal is uncertain, and your motivation is not definite, but you all know to have fun with it.
Assemble your team, and explore the mountainous kingdom of Orterria, chasing adventure after adventure. Will you rise to be heroes or wander aimlessly? Will you use your influence for good or evil? The choice is yours!
Not ‘linear’ in the grand scheme of things. You unlock characters as you unlock new skills. Once you’ve gotten every character (which you are obligated to recruit, see Rule #1) the quests you unlock are randomly chosen. You may be suited to complete them, you may not. Attention to your own skillset and those in your team is vital.
In between quests is a chance to explore, build skills, interact with companions and other characters, and do some shopping as well.
Choices are small-scale, but have some effect on the course of the story, if only a little. Most are just pass/fail, but as the game nears completion things become a bit more complicated.
Characters are vital to the game. Knowing their strengths, weaknesses, and building trust is essential to the game’s progression.
There are small arcs for every major character, but really no plot if you don’t want there to be. This will be make sense soon (spoilers!).
Features and Non-Features:
• ‘Story-based’ battle system. Not turn-based, no HP. Choose who you want to fight alongside you and see how things play out…
• Consider the strengths of your character as well as those of your companions.
• Name yourself!
• Name your group!
• Seven interesting companions to join you on your adventures.
• The ‘Leader’, meaning you, has no set gender. This MAY change if I want to personalize more.
• Largely choose WHERE you want to go. You’re not restricted to one area as long as you’re in between quests.
• Survival mode, where keeping track of food rations adds a bit of a subtle challenge.
• A few items, but no actual inventory system.
• Romances are possible, but tricky. Completely optional.
• Friendship and Romance levels are two different stats.
• Cool riddles
• General tomfoolery
• Characters you don’t romance will romance each other… (Already set to happen by default, may add the ability to affect this.)
• Large spiders
• An ‘evil’ path. Or more specifically, morally ambiguous.
Things I’d like to Add:
• More races (BIG maybe, will need some help with this)
• Two or three more companions
That was so much! Needed to spit all of my ideas out into the open just to get it all out.
Well, here’s my newest WIP. I was going to go for a psychic detective game, but I’m really feeling this more. I’ll tuck that one away for later. If there’s anything you’d like to know or comment on, feel free!