Best of Us [BETA TESTING]

I loved Lords of Aswick and I know after playing the demo I will love this game when it’s complete! cant wait for it! ^^

Can’t wait for you to finish. Something i’ve noticed tho, while there’s a turkish nationality, no turkish language option ^^

No, but if you select “Other” when asked your language you can write in Turkish.

I havent been to this wip for a long time , did the romance with the slacker ever happen. Or has it not been updated?

@Goshman

• His body was urging him to run for it. you’d seen the look of a panicky animal before in humans and his body movement became unpredictable and twitchy as the sounds came towards you. — His body was urging him to run for it. You’d seen the look of a panicky animal before in humans and his body movement became unpredictable and twitchy as the sounds came towards you.

Entertaining game! I do like that we can pick our own powersets. My only critique so far is that I wish I could choose which power I want to respond with. For example, when you infiltrate the thug base, I had the powersets for both Teleportation and Super Agility. Since Teleportation takes a lot of energy, I wanted to use Super Agility to take out the thugs, but I wasn’t given that option. It would be nice to not be forced to expend a much higher energy consumption power when a much more conservative option is available. I mean, they’re only thugs, right?

Wow, this update happened was so silently, I was actually impressed.

As far as I’ve gone, it seems like only the path for aid work has gotten anything new, though I’ve never really tried working for the consulate.

Well, I guess it’s time to make a new character.

EDIT: Okay, just made him. Consulate path seems to be empty, and so is I.T.

So I’ve seen that we will have the opportunity to have and use different gadgets of sorts, but will we have the ability to use weapons like Daredevil’s batons or Deadpool’s katanas?

Currently updating only stuff I’ve actually locked down completely. Everything else is largely in a flux state for the time being.
I will announce when I have a convergence ready for you guys.

I haven’t exactly locked down on how to do the weapon and gadget route just yet. I would say that weapons will be available for use. It will be a major thing once I finish up on this section on the civilian side of things.

5 Likes

Great game so far. Variety of nice super powers, like how you can pick your own costume. You don’t really get to use the powers so far, but I enjoyed it and I like where it is going. Good luck.

The beta has been updated in all occupation paths. I have removed the Office IT job, simply because I could not come up with any exciting way to pull you out into the action.

For anyone following this thread, I am at a point where I need to start locking in exactly how the combat system will work. What kind of a system would you prefer?
In Lords of Aswick and so far in this game as well, it has been very story-heavy with a simple check to see if you have enough skill or powers to win over your opponent. Would you prefer a more detailed turn-based combat system, for a much more obscure check in the background like I have been doing, or something in between?

I think the something in between system would be somewhat similar to the Heroes Rise series, although I am in favor of not telling the reader exactly how much energy things will cost. In this story, going down to 0 on energy won’t be an instant death.
I could also go for a combat system more akin to tabletop RPGs, with a random element to it, although I’m not sure how well that would work in written form.

7 Likes

I would like it if you did it in the same way as in Lords of Aswick.

Do it the same way as lords of aswick.

I prefer to have it be somewhere in the middle, because it would make it seem like your stats have more of an impact in the game, but it would still be close to Lords of Aswick, because it was so good.

Something like Lord Of Aswick would be best for me,because it wouldn’t break you from the immersion of the game.

Hey sorry I haven’t been looking at the game lately you know me how I am one of thows people that hates playing from the beging the reason why I liked the heros rise combat system was it allowed me to know how much power I was using also they made it so that if you didn’t have any power that there would be consuqences while your power meter is refilling another thing I likeed about it was that if you used the power more you would get stronger and be able to overpower your oponets. Anyway I hope that helps man. Adamcowdog

I woud like it if you did it the same as in Lords of Aswick (also the strength,intelligence and social skills are gone, did you remove them or is it just a bug on my end?)

Keep it up, i’m really digging the demo so far!

Hey I would suggest using *hide_reuse on the power selection page, or someone might pick the same power repeatedly

If you already picked the power, the option will give the choice to remove the power instead.

Oh, but wouldn’t hide reuse be easier? Just saying