Battle in the Ruins of a Dead Civilization (an off-site small contest for fun and glory)

I will keep a list in bold in the initial post to keep track of Choice Of Games champions who have boldly stepped forth.

2 Likes

I have a ridiculous question but What code we should use as Infinity page donā€™t have tutorials or say Hey we use this!

It is just INPUT CODE HERE

What code? It is not like there are hundreds of coding languages.

I say because I want learn the damn language or if notā€¦ not possible presentation of anything.

I donā€™t think there is any language to learn. It is as simple as can be, with no scripting or variables. But I will ask.

1 Like

I started mine, but Iā€™m not using a language or anything. Seems like it is just type and go, which works just fine for me.

Then how I add the commands of the rooms. There is no tutorial. Without tutorials i hardly doubt anyone from here present somethingā€¦

My story has to be totally redesigned if there is no commands :sob: Good to knowā€¦

My kingdom for a command!!

1 Like

Itā€™s literally just text blocks linked to text blocks. We are so used to thinking in terms of variables and gosubs and set that it is so weird to be on this primitive planet, isnā€™t it?

3 Likes

Yes and the fact No explanation how link anything. This page assumes hard that everyone has made a story with them I donā€™t so ā€¦ It will be a funny ride

All you do is just, like, type in what you want the choice names to be here and then you just get to click on those thingys after youā€™re done making that page and go to the next page!
Hope this helps!?!

3 Likes

YOU ARE MY saviour :kissing_cat::hugs: thanks.

2 Likes

Youā€™re welcome! :hugs:

1 Like

Fortuna favours Boldness lol. I was about to say Baldness. :wink:

I hope more people decide to participate. Hey, I am not native clumsy and all of that. and have no problems.

All of you natives will ace this donā€™t be shy. It is something for fun. And can be useful to see how much if Has evolved as a genre from the very basics.

I mean, I am sure anyone of you can win.

2 Likes

I think I have an idea to write something so I am DEFINITELY joining here!

1 Like

Great !!! we will have so much cool stories to read

Edit: It is cannibalism automatically consider mature rating? The story is quite teen level but just tribes are all cannibals

1 Like

So is the story supposed to be about a certain topic like a dying empire or just anything we can think of?

Anything you can think of has something about a fall civilization.
For instance, could be the main guy is just writing a book about a falling civilization. And just is a dating sim when the Main character is scolded too much focused in that fallen empire.

Or can be about an archaeologist discovering new sites and imagining battles etcā€¦ Whatever you can imagine

2 Likes

Yes, as long as you stay reasonably in the theme of ā€œBattle in the Ruins of a Dead Civilizationā€ youā€™ll be fineā€“feel free to interpret that theme freely, though.

2 Likes

Is there any limit on how long it can be?

No, no particular word count is required.

1 Like

So there is no minimum word count either? I should be finished with episode 3 during the week if I can Iā€™ll see if I can take a break to do a quick short IF :slight_smile:

1 Like

I would like to participate, though I am quite certain that my capabilities shall pale in comparison to the other entries. Perhaps when the historians and scholars look upon this competition they will at least note that I tried.

4 Likes