Awoken (Fantasy WIP) - updated 16/May/2017

What if our apprentice was responsible for it? Would that be better or worse?

4 Likes

even worse because I am trying to pork whatever the girls name is.

7 Likes

Oh hell, that would be worse, I thought she loved me :sob:

3 Likes

Seconded, thirded, fourthed… and very much agreed.

Well if it makes you all feel better, the circumstances and person (or people) responsible for your present situation isn’t always the same. There’s a few different possibilities.

3 Likes

So, the person responsible will always be the one we’re closest to? :smirk:

Nope, nothing like that.

2 Likes

I can tell you that the power isn’t going to come back on its own - you’ll need to recreate what happened to you as a child, which means you need another of the special sourcestones. That’s going to mean either making one or finding (stealing :smirk:) one. Or, of course, MC could decide they don’t want the powers back.

3 Likes

What if… the MC was the one at who brought it upon themselves?? :scream:

2 Likes

Just wanted to say that I love the fact I can play an MC who is theoretically an all powerful mage but is really just a giant animal loving nerd. A+ will probably pick the worst focus for a civil war again.

5 Likes

Seems like you aren’t nearly as sadistic as some other authors on the forums :laughing:

2 Likes

Totally a possible path, actually.

You may be speaking too soon there… :smirk:

12 Likes

Is there a limit on how high you can get the relationship gages to go at the moment? I got Silver to a low 50 and Aden to a low 70, is it currently possible to go higher?

Glad to see I’m not the only one who is hella suspicious of the apprentices (both, the one we pick and the one we don’t).

7 Likes

To be honest I’m not sure myself what the current maximum for the various relationships is, especially with the people who’ve got more interactions. I think 70’s about it for Aden, that sounds pretty good. I think you can probably get Silver higher though - there’s some not-so-obvious relationship boosts here and there for them.

Edit: Would anyone actually like me to put up a rough guide to getting relationship with the various characters? Or would you rather figure it out yourselves?

13 Likes

Personally? No, it feels very obvious and fluid to me as is.

OK, question for those who’ve played the neutral and baron paths in particular - are you following the political stuff ok? The idea is that you/the MC start off with just a rough idea of what the situation is and then start to find out that it’s more complicated, but that means I’m finding it difficult to introduce the various new bits of information without it becoming too much of an info-dump or it being so subtle that readers won’t notice.

Haven’t played it in a while (just about to replay it due to the update). My MCs were typically more Rebel-aligned, but the politics seemed fairly easy to keep up with. If anything, it helped to sympathize with the MC–not knowing everything right off the bat, having to learn/re-learn what the MC knew, and dealing with the consequences. And I wouldn’t mind having a relationship guide… In one playthrough, it seemed as though my MC was going to end up romancing Malina, but I don’t quite remember how I got there.

3 Likes

Same. Guides are always welcome.

2 Likes

Ok - starting with the easier ones (and spoilers for the whole demo)

Cren

You only really get one chance to get rel with Cren, and that’s when you’re in the hut with him and Mara in chapter 5. Choose to talk to him, then pick friendly responses - don’t be too inquisitive and don’t defend Silver if you’ve told them about Silver. If you’re attracted to men you can flirt with him when he gets you clothes.

Mara

Talk to Mara when in the hut, or talking to Cren and impressing him will give Mara a boost almost equal to what you get talking to her. You get another small conversation after the wyvern - thank her for helping or choose to sit in silence. You can flirt with her in the same conversation - this won’t change rel but will be remembered for later. In chapter 6 she comes by the safehouse - follow Silver out and greet her, then tell her you’ll get Silver to help.

[details=Apprentice]Putting these together because they get interactions in the same places. Generally it’s pretty easy to gain friendship with the apprentice as long as you’re not being a dick. Asking for their opinion when you get that option, and being generally friendly will work. Malina dislikes the MC teasing her or being sanctimonious. Aden disapproves of the MC being too impulsive.

In chapter 4, talking to them before choosing and going through all options will give a boost. In chapter 5, pick a nice option when they greet you, then ask about something personal (Aden’s inventions/Malina’s studies). When they ask for training pick a positive option (‘Training is important’ only gets a boost from Aden.) Both will object to the MC trying to walk away from the fight in the valley, but will go along with it if the MC has high enough friendship (for Malina) or disdain (for Aden)

Picking the neutral option in the fight will lead to the MC being summoned to Kalisthan - while in the city there’s an extra scene with the apprentice, where Malina will talk about power and Aden will talk about family.

When whichever side you’re with asks you to help them, pick the option to ask what the apprentice thinks and give the response that implies you’re taking them seriously. Malina will disapprove of you helping the Baron; Aden will disapprove of you helping the rebels (you don’t get a boost from choosing anyone).

If you’re on the rebel path you’ll get an extra scene with Aden back at the school. If you’ve got high magic you can get back a bit of the rel you lost - otherwise it’s safest to leave him to sulk as most options will lead to even more rel loss.

Romance-wise, there’s actually more flirts with Aden than Malina. One of the options when they greet you is a flirt option - “I’m lucky to have you” for Malina, “You forgot handsome” for Aden. For Aden there’s also one if you take him out to meet the rebels at night, and one in the Chapter 6 neutral path when you’re talking about relationships (“What about me?”).
[/details]

Stay tuned for part 2 … :smile:

24 Likes