A Wizards Tale

@SilverSurfer Still there.

@Bahamuht, thanks so much for the heads up. It worked before, and then it stopped. I think I got it fixed now. At least it’s working on my end. If you are still there, can you try it again and let me know?

I still can’t choose to be attracted to girls.

Try it now.

I think so?

Yes, that should be the next screen. Thanks so much for sticking with it.

Yup, all good now.

Got this though after using lifesteal.

Okay, that should be fixed now. I really appreciate all the help. Between you and my daughter, who plays the game every time I make an update, getting all the little kinks works out is extremely helpful.

No problem.

Cool beans. If you got that far, then you are caught up with me. I haven’t finished Kings Gate yet. Hopefully, that will get done tonight. I fixed this one, and will be updating a couple of times this evening.

Tell me, what did you think about the fight sequence? That was a very long subroutine that took me three 12 hour days one weekend to write. It allows for the participation of the Knight and the Rogue, neither of which you had met when you hit the first fight scene. So the next time you go through it, there will be more content.

I didn’t have a problem with it, with a full party it was a walk in a park and as a duo(plus the summon) it was still relatively easy since it was one Imp.

Okay, I have done another major update. I actually changed a bunch of staff in this one. I am taking down the jump ahead feature from the version I post on Dashing Don and I have re-enabled the save feature there.

You are gonna want to go back through the whole thing again. I did away with the Narrator because it broke immersion, and I made the picking of initial stats a little easier.

I would like a bunch of input on the orientation section. I will be honest, I am new to this level of inclusivity. I am an old southern guy still trying to get woke. Let me know if it is offensive in any way, or if I need to be more inclusive in any way.

Oh, and the stats pages have be redone also.

Let me know what you think.

2 Likes

Is it possible to show you what you choices so you can make sure that you have everything right?

It said I didnt have enough money and bought the weapons anyway.

The game has great potential I hope you continue this amazing project

@Meliodas Thanks so much for the kind words. I work from home and have started writing the game as a second work from home job, so hopefully it will be done in a few weeks.

1 Like

@kashidol Okay, I addressed both issues. Try it again and let me know what you think.

The problems were fixed but I do have a question is this gonna be a sandbox game?

And it looks kinda cluttered so can I propose something like:

You look over the paper on last time to make sure everything's right.
Name: ${Fullname}
Sexual Orientation: ${Orientation}
Weapon: ${Weapon}

@kashidol. The game will be linear up until the point that you meet all your companions. You will be directed to the first three towns, then after that you will have the ability to travel from town to town at will, selecting from a menu of the towns within one days travel of where you currently are. So some linear, some sand box. I am even toying with the idea of side quests.

But remember there is the counter that counts down days. So every day spent going backwards is a day removed from your counter.

I actually have drawn a map of the world I have created and it will be an option on the stats page when the final version is released. I want to leave something that the beta testers have never seen, and so no images will go in at all until after the final version is ready to be released.

And as far as the way the response is presented, no I don’t think I’ll change that. No disrespect intended, but I purposefully did not use a stat chart for the basic info on the main character or the companions. I created the journal in the stat pages specifically to not have

Affinity 5
Defense 6
Attack 3

I didn’t like the looks of it, and that is why Mrs. Aragon reads the information back instead of looking at the sheet.

Now here’s a question for everyone. How do you feel about fast travel in CoG games? When you choose to return to a town that you have already visited, do you want to walk there again, and maybe get attacked? Or do you want to be able to fast travel there and simply have the days subtracted from you counter? Based on responses I can do either, or a combination of both. If I get no responses, then I will assume there is no interest. Personally I think fast travel breaks immersion. But you better believe I use it when playing Skyrim and Fallout 4. But then my game is no Bethesda game, so tell me what you think.

Travel to Galtera and find your Rogue. The next chapter is up and live on Dashing Don.