A Witch's Path (WIP)

Oh, okay, well if we can couple the “muscular” body with a really pretty face, like that certain actor then all is well.
Though the anatomy seems a bit off in the first one, and I wouldn’t actually mind my mc maturing into the second one, but at sixteen it’d be a bit much.
Don’t care much for the tattoo on that one either, but the body type seems to more or less match my anime picture of Squall, so I guess I’d be cool with that.

Nah, you’re not doing a bad job per se, you’re just running into the fact that your audience’s tastes and how we’d like to visualize our mc’s vary tremendously.

Unless the mc’s appearance and build or body “type” and shape really affect the story in a meaningful way (beyond just being very handsome or beautiful all of a sudden) you can either just not bother with mc customization and leave it entirely up to our imaginations. For example: if you just say in your opening scene with the bullies that after their transformation the mc now looks like a “(super) model” most of us will fill it in for ourselves what that means to us, besides suddenly being beautiful or handsome, or both. :wink:
On the other hand if you like writing up descriptions you can also provide a longer and more varied list with detailed descriptions that only affect (a page on) our stats screens.

Only if you envision it somehow playing an important role in the narrative itself does it need to become more important or difficult than that. :relaxed:

@OracleD3

If you’re still worried about the player-character customization or lack thereof, take a look at how some of the other authors around here handle it. If you want to go to the trouble of providing explicit customization options I’d recommend looking at how the Myrmidon and “Freak: Amidst the Neon Lights” handle these things and on the other side of this we have Guns of Infinity, where we do not explicitly customize our mc’s appearance and we know only that they probably look like dashing cavalry officers and the rest is left entirely up to our own imaginations.

6 Likes