A Thousand Years of Orchids

@hahaha01357, I have to admit I forgot about that finger thing. Duan Yu from Demi-Gods and Semi-Devils had a similar technique, no? He had the weirdest moveset ever xD. It’s true that there are quite a few aspects of wuxia that wander into fantasy territory, but I figured since I wanted to use “actual” magic, I would just let magic take its place.

Alrighty then. :slight_smile:

*After skipping about 10 posts*

@seryou You didn’t have to apologise. T_T Now I feel bad. :">

Besides, I was away for some time. >.< Gonna read it now. :-))

@CountDon, no worries, the guilt did push me to get the work done eventually, and that’s what matters. :'D

I think I’m gonna ‘like’ this game! :stuck_out_tongue: Also, did Sprites ever appear in Wuxia? Or is it just the mythology aspect of your game?

I think I’ll like this too.

It’s refreshing after playing ZE and Unnatural a lot of times. (No offense, @Nocturnal_stillness and @JimD)

@RagEgnite

None taken. It’s good to switch genres now and then keeps it fresh.

@seryou

As someone who enjoyed choice of kung fu, I’m looking forward to this. :slight_smile:

@Happy, I’m glad to hear that! :smiley: Sprites don’t usually appear in wuxia, it’s the mythology part.

@RagEgnite, thanks! I remember playing Broadsides about a hundred times after it came out, so I definitely know the feeling. (Actually, I haven’t played ZE and Unnatural since my year-long hiatus, but I remember them being great games as well. I think I’ll go back and replay them now. xP)

@Nocturnal_Stillness, that’s great to hear! :slight_smile:

I like this a lot. I found a way to get both my skill levels really high and still get the special item from shifu. Nice!!

@Syndicate, thanks! :slight_smile: Yeah, in shifu’s item is the easiest to get if you don’t want to sacrifice stat growth, and also gives the greatest boost. It’s there to reward the replayers. xD (It does sacrifice character relationships though, and those will become more useful later in the story.)

Liked this, it reads like a superior version of Kung Fu so far, and the characters I’ve interacted with are all interesting, well done!

Question…later on do you meet up with like rue? I loved her charachter and I always train solely with her…

@derekmetaltron, thank you! :slight_smile:

@Greenwolf, you will definitely be seeing more of her, especially if you take the warlord route. I’m glad you like the character! :smiley:

Woo awesome…thats what I was planning on taking

The style of this reminds me of when I used ta play Phantom Seeds when bored (and later the free online demo of Dragon Essence on repeat). Prolly 'cause it’s (sorta) fantasy China and all that, y’know?
What routes’d ya recommend would allow us to see more of… well, everyone?

@seryou need any cosmetics done to your game, im here

@2Ton 's way too nice about helping, HE’S TOO DAMN HELPFUL! (That’s a good thing, you’re like the Nice Neighbor of the Forum)

I usually mess up more than help X_X

@2Ton At least you have good intentions! Most people in my school just pretend to be nice then b***h about you later.

@Greenwolf, looks like the heavens are on your side! :wink:

@Bagelthief, I feel like I’ve heard of Dragon Essence before 0_0, I’ll look that up. There’re more English works in this genre than I thought, haha.

The way the introduction is built, you can see pretty much everything in three playthroughs (all Yan, all Rou, all Shu), but it won’t work that way in the future. If you (eventually, when I get that far) take the Empire or warlord routes, you’ll see more of Yan or Rou respectively, and might have to face the other on the battlefield; Shu gets his own plotline as well, and it’s… dark, haha. xD For the moment though, I’m going to set these three aside, because the trip to Lake Yao takes longer than you’d think (plot time! :'D), and there’s a new cast of characters.

I can’t say any more (spoilers!), but everything will tie back together at the end.

@2Ton, I’ll keep that in mind, thank you! :smiley: Don’t put yourself down like that, I’m sure you’re great help. It’s always good to have a Nice Neighbor around.