A gladiator story?

Hi, I’m new here. I’va always have a passion for writing and I am planning to make a ChoiceScript story myself. I have a concept for a gladiator story, where you are a gladiator ( gender, backstory, and appearance chosen by the player), start from the bottom of the pit and rise in ranks to become “everyone’s favourite”. I was wondering if anyone have made stories like this before, because I dont want to my story to be called a plagiarism. Thanks for reading and have a nice day.

1 Like

Gladiator : Road to Colosseum

1 Like

ah, damn. Thanks for informing me. Is there any games about ghost hunting? That is my backup idea.

1 Like

Ghost hunting - there are many but all different so what’s your idea.

A summary maybe

@Niteshade
Hello! I’m the guy working on the Gladiator: Road to Colosseum WIP. Firstly, welcome to the forums! It’s a really crazy daunting place for new people at first glance (I’m pretty new as well) but everyone is super helpful so feel free to shoot questions and reach out!

I’m interested to know what kind of ideas you had for your gladiator story, and if you would like, I’ll be more than happy to help you out! I’m really interested in Gladiators and there’s honestly very little games about the topic (despite gladiators being very romanticised about)

One great way that I found was to just throw out your idea onto the forums (in a short summary/ backstory/ ideas) and you’ll realise that the community here is super supportive and will give you 1001 ideas and perspectives you have never thought about. For example, what kind of ghost hunting story - is it a humorous, comedic type like the Ghost Busters? Or a serious, sombre thriller type. What is the setting, who does the reader play as? What is his backstory. Is it interchangeable? etc etc.

Ultimately, it’s still your story so it’s really up to you to tell it! :slight_smile: All the best!

P.S. if you’re interested, you can play my game here, it’s a work in progress but I hope you like it! (shameless plug moment): https://dashingdon.com/play/nauhziy/the-gladiator-road-to-the-colosseum/mygame/index.php?cb=39368

Story: The backstory of the character can be chosen by the players. We start as a teenager who had an accident when s/he was riding a bus home. After recovering, s/he gains an ability to see ghosts and interact with them. The player will have different ways to help each ghost, gaining different skill for each method of releasing the spirit.

edit:typo

1 Like

As far as I remember there is no story like that so go ahead make another topic in WiP category mark it as interest check and post your story there - I am sure like me many people would be interested in the type of story and will give you their perspectives and ideas and help you in fleshing out your game.

I have to be honest, your story is WAY more interesting that the one I could ever imagine.

In my story, I was thinking more about how the main character meet and develop relationships with different people throughout their journey, making both friends and enemies while trying to escape poverty at the same time. There will be betrayals and friends requesting you to help them in their time of need. At the end, you have to pick wether you want to fight with or against the empire, along with your friends.

1 Like

Will do. Thanks for the guidance, friend.

No problem - anything for a friend.

Thank you for your compliments but don’t put yourself down so! The reason why I started writing was because I enjoyed writing and not so much about where I would stand among the community cause there are a ton of amazing writers on this forum and it’ll be very hard to compete.

I think you do have good ideas, just jump straight into it and see how it goes! I’ll be excited to see your first project (:

Your gladiator story was Awesome but can we hope for another Story like this

1 Like