A Dog's Life Pt 1

How hard is it going to be to earn abilities and skills in this game?

Fairly easy to be honest. Well, until u start working on Working Skills (draft pulling l, guarding, ect)
Then it’s easy to learn but u need a ton to actually do anything

3 Likes

I am having terrible writers block at the moment and can’t really get past the current WIP from the shelter scene, so I am taking a few days break from writing.
However, I do have plans for the rest of the shelter & game, so ask anything you want to know. I will let everyone know when I’m back to working

5 Likes

Take all the time you need. After all you can’t rush greatness

2 Likes

It’ s alright! Understandable :smiley:
Loving it already too! Honestly the only nitpicks I have are some typos and tht’s about it. I’m very surprised at how much characterization you’ve already given to some of these characters, I am already attached! Anyways, just keep enjoying what you do, you’ll be inspired again eventually :slight_smile:

Also I love how you handled the Wolfsnout retrievers! Nice :smiley:

2 Likes

For the time being, while I try to get past this writers block, I have made a new game! (This one isn’t big like A Dog’s Life, just for fun).

Here’s the link: A Dragon's Life

3 Likes

Just posting to keep this thread from locking. Still working A Dragons Life, but my family was evicted & currently traveling across the country to our new home

That is horrible news. I hope all works out soon!

2 Likes

That is horrible. I hope everything goes well

1 Like

Sorry to hear this, take your time and best wishes for all that is to come.

1 Like

My writers block is over!!! I am working on A Dog’s Life again, while A Dragon’s Life is paused

4 Likes

Your writer no longer hates the clock

Yay! So happy! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Glad to see this game being worked on again!

So right now I am working, but I’m reading through what I’ve finished already and fixing little mistakes. Changing some words, adding little bits here and there, nothing major. Won’t take me all day at least, and I got past the Healer part I was stuck on at least.

Anything specific you guys want to see coming up in the shelter? That isn’t already planned and/or added already I mean.

2 Likes

I’m going to guess we’re going to have a lot of opportunities to increase our stats in the shelter throughout the weeks, like agility or strength, along with intelligence as our dog character learns new tricks?

As for what I’m curious to see? Honestly, I kinda want to know what’s up with Jury; little fluffball seems twice as vicious as some of the bigger dogs there…honestly kind of wondering if he’s gonna snap and attack either one of the people, or one of the dogs at some point.

In the Shelter: Commands, Behavior training, & starting in week 3 you will interact with other dogs

As for Jury, he’s a Shiba mix whose humans purposely broke both his legs when he was a pup. He’s seen the darkest side of humans (he’s about 3 years old, been from abusive home to abusive home) and hates humans with a passion. He is actually a mate choice later on, but it’s kind of hard to befriend him & learn his history.

3 Likes

Something new (this was discovered in A Dragon’s Life, I am bringing it over):

Scars & Injuries, built like an inventory. Dogs can comment on these, as may humans. There are a lot, because dogs fight & get injured and especially for strays, may not get to healer (vet) in time!

3 Likes

Ooh! I like that idea! Hmm, maybe scars can have different effects depending on your path? Like as a stray it could be a sign of “hey! I have tons of scars! I’m a badass that needs respect!” but if you’re say, a show dog, it’s more detrimental.

As for expectations? Really, I am very interested in more new character interactions and events besides the stats stuff. Nothing really specific, I just really like how you wrote the characters and any alone time spent getting to know them is appreciated. Really, that’s all I am going to ask for for now ;D

So just uploaded the new files!!! Changes, additions, ect listed below

What’s New:
Day 1 Week 2 is about to begin, but the choices on Day 7 Week 1 are not finished (only one choice was finished)
List of different specializations on each scene start now. They explain what you will need to work on & a vague idea of what you will do
3 new families (not added in officially, but mentioned in the Therapy start scene)

Changes:
Wording, a bit of grammer, ect

6 Likes