80 Days - the game

I searched through the forum just to check that no one else had posted about this before, and although a lot of people have mentioned it in other topics, I couldn’t find a post dedicated to this game- so I just wanted to post this as I thought some of you guys might get a kick out of it- especially since it has a steampunk take on a classic story. I’ve already played through it 5 times, and haven’t repeated any of the chapters yet!

Official blurb: “Based on Jules Verne’s classic story, 80 Days takes you around the world in a choose-your-own-adventure game that’ll have you riveted. Every person you meet, every thing you purchase—and even what you choose to pack—has an impact on your trip and can lead to a victorious journey or an utter failure. Inkle Studios’ beautiful creation is stitched together with wonderful typography, gorgeous music, and a story you’ll return to time and time again.”

7 Likes

I prefer Inkle’s Sorcery! honestly. But that is also a very great game.

1 Like

I love this game so much! It is so great!

80 Days is made of joy and excellence. Massively recommended.

2 Likes

Inklewriter is being shut down though.
https://www.inklestudios.com/inklewriter/

That sucks. Why though?

They said this is why:

1 Like

):
):
): Very sad, indeed.
):
):
):

One of my all-time favorite games! I love how many different story threads there are, and the world building is fantastic.

2 Likes
full out emotions right here

I loved and still love 80 Days. Inkle was one of the main reasons I got into IF in the first place, and this particular game shaped my English when I had just moved to America. I had basic knowledge of English, but it wasn’t the best; my dad always berated me for my mistakes and my classmates made it a point to point out my accent. Although this game is written in a somewhat old-fashioned way due to the setting…

Nevertheless, I’m not sure how much I’ve replayed this game. It’s the game I’ve replayed the most, to be honest, because it was the one I came back to when I didn’t know what else to do. It also got me into steampunk and encouraged me to fall in love with writing.

It’s not the best game in the world, obviously, but it holds a place near and dear to my heart. It kickstarted a lot of my passions and interests. :heart: Literally no words I can put down here can express my love for this game.

1 Like

Yes I love 80 days too. I’ve played it a few times now and ended up all over the world on everything from camel trains to steam powered flying machines. It’s fantastic. (It’s also on steam for anyone who prefers that :slight_smile: )

1 Like

That is how I played it!

1 Like

80 Days is awesome. My six year old and I read it aloud together and he loves it…though he insisted we start over immediately when we hit 80 days on our first playthrough and hadn’t made it as far as Salt Lake City. “That’s not how the story ends, Daddy!”

3 Likes

Honestly, my favorite thing about the game is Passepartout and his personality. The way he always compares everything to Paris and talks about how wonderful Paris and French people are reminds me of my mom. And the romances are fun too.

3 Likes