Five of Swords is a high-fantasy game set in a medieval-ish world where you can play the second child of a king who rules over the most northern kingdom of the known continent, called Undine.
Please, let me know when you see any error, bug and/or mistake. English isn’t my first language
and coding isn’t either.
Tumblr is now up as well. Feel free to message me there
You’re the second child of a king and since recently you’re suffering from a mysterious illness which does not only grant you magical abilities but will also most likely kill you. Regardless of the latter, magic is bad news – even worse considering who you are and where you live. In order to find a cure for you and all the other infected, you run away from the only home you’ve ever known in a hush-hush-operation to find yourself again in a bustling southern city, where you meet all kinds of people. Some of them are willing to help you, others not so much. Considering all the odds you’re fighting against, everything could actually go according to plan - if only your father hadn’t decided to send your older brother after you in order to retrieve you.
- King Hector, your father and current ruler of Undine.
- Prince Dorian, your older brother and the favourite of your father.
- Queen Cynthia, your mother who’s died seven years ago.
The love interests:
- Lyssa/Lysander, a soldier who is very, very tough on the outside and
also very tough on the insidesoft on the inside
- Aran/Amara, a noble who is hiding their true self behind arrogance and charm.
- Emrys/Elise, a doctor who has seen and lived through far too much for their tender heart.
Let’s see what we’ve got so far:
- Play as female, male or non-binary
- Customize your character in appearance and personality
- Build relationships with not only the romance options but with a cast of side characters
- Find love with one of three romance options
All of that being said, I’d love to hear what you guys think! Constructive criticism is welcome. Feel free to ask questions about the MC, the lore or anything else – I’ll do my best to answer them spoiler-free.
Also: Nothing is set in stone so far. Things will most likely change – how much will be dependent on your feedback.
‘Status Quo’ (as of Nov. 22, 2018)
Original prologue and a fourth of the original 1st chapter are published. Some writing errors are still present.
Nov. 22, 2018
- I’ve finished plotting the story, now revision begins.
- Considering a fourth RO, not sure yet. Need a second opinion.
- Changed the wrong ‘low-fantasy’ into ‘high-fantasy’, bc I’m dumb.
Dec. 11, 2018
- Added a flashback to the morning scene
- Added a bit more detail to the first part of the prologue
Dec. 13, 2018
- Added another flashback to the lunch scene
- Added a bit more detail to the lunch scene
Dec. 14, 2018
- Added a flashback to the stable scene
- Added more detail to the stable and the training scene
- Put down the uploaded part of the first chapter, as this scene will be rewritten.
- Current word count: 12.800
Dec. 15, 2018
- Added the last piece of the prologue, thus finishing it
- Current word count: ~15.000