Zombien goes live

(I can reply to the thread via email? This is fantastic! I love 2015!)

Anyway I think it would be a good idea to just let the player know the sequence is in all numbers. You could write it in the narrative instead of going all meta about it:

The conveniently helpful translation displays that only numbers can be used for the authorization code.

Or something to that extent. I haven’t ever coded an entry system like that in the game so I don’t know what else you could do.

Btw since you seem to like pop culture sci-fi references you could have the game say, “Uh uh uh! You didn’t say the magic word.” In reference to Dennis Nedry from Jurassic Park if you fail to put in the right code. It’s interesting that I had the option to just request assistance (assistance is spelled wrong btw). Is that the only way to succeed? And is there a difference between using that or a legit code?

Sounds like a good idea on making it clearer, plus only changing a line of text appeals to my inner lazy person…

I must confess that the entry system was pretty much an excuse to add in a spaceballs reference, because yes I am that sad. In future plays (assuming you actually hit that bit again) I would recommend just requesting assistance so you can move on…

Haha! I don’t blame you. One other question about the narrative part towards the end sequence. It describes three options for what to do with the key. But then I have a fourth option to destroy the console, but the narrative doesn’t seem to tell me what that would do. Is that just for people that like anarchy or something? Hah

Pretty much. It’s a late edition for people who said “What if I don’t want to do anything to save the world. What if I just want to smash stuff”. It wasn’t something I had considered personally, but I figured what the hell. People can smash stuff if they wanna.

Kinda reminds me of Mass Effect 3’s ending in light of that. Hahaha. Still good though. Thanks for the game, sir. Will play again. And if anyone is wondering it is worth the 2.99 so come on and buy it. We need more authors cranking out decent and thought out stories here ^^

2 Likes

@Pyromanci Wow! I loved playing that game and you got a 5 star rating of me on the App Store.

1 Like

Really glad you liked it, I know I can’t please everybody but I figure if maybe three quarters of the people who read it enjoy it then it was worth doing. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just wondering, how many chapters are there? I was at chapter 6 and I thought my game was saved so I tried killing Xenon but died instead and got brought back to the first chapter.

Is that one of the intended endings?

@orkwut Hey, sorry there is more than one way to kill Xenon as an ending. Did you get a write up on what happened after? And did you get to the thanks screen at the end? If so it was one of the smaller endings. If not please give me more specifics so I can see if there is an error.

Oh yeah I’ve got a short write up about how everything exploded. Is there any way that I could go back to the save though?

Just wondering, how do you prevent your LI from turning into a Zombine in chapter 6?

1 Like

@orkwut Sorry, even the minor endings will take you back to the beginning. There are 10 major, and 5 minor endings. So the chances are reasonably good that you’ll get a better one next play through though.

@Daniel_Xie That will only happen if you both refuse to work for Xenon, and you lose the fight at the military base. So just avoid that combination.

1 Like

Okay, now that it’s on CoG’s website, I made an announcement about Zombien on the HG FB page. Just to let you know, I also rated it a 5 on Android and shared it on Google+ to support my fellow HG author.

As an aside, I just want to say that I found it hilarious how, in my dream, it said something like, “I mean, what kind of parents would name their poor kid Leon?” and then I found out that your name is Leon by looking at the credits. LOLOLOL, very subtle and very clever.

1 Like

Hey, thanks for the support. I really appreciate it.

I am working hard on the first update, but it might take a while as I am adding some new content as well as polishing up what is already there. Fingers crossed it will be what I intended in the first place by the time I am done.

1 Like

I enjoyed this game, but if I noticed that if your in a romance with Sarah then during the epilogue it says that you get Rachel pregnant? Apart from that, sometimes it can be hard to tell whose talking so it might be a good idea to start a new line when the speaker changes.

Hey, thanks for the notes. Could you tell me which ending you got when there was Rachel substitution? There are 15 different epilogues, so it would save time if you could let me know which one.

Also this week is about about polishing Zombien up, and adding some new content. Hoping to submit a decent sized patch by the weekend, which will hopefully deal with all the spelling/formatting issues.

1 Like

I’m having the same problem I think it’s the chrome store.

Is the ending where you help randon kill xenon a minor ending because i feel i didnt get much out of the ending and it was so anti-climactic. Also i boght the full game and then deleted it and i want to play it again but it wont let me.other than these things its by far my favourite game this year

Hey there, glad you are enjoying the game. Alas helping Xenon kill Radon is a major ending, but for the moment helping Radon kill Xenon is a minor one. I plan to expand several of the endings in the next update, but I only submitted the last update last week.

Alas I can’t help with app issues, you need to contact whichever company you bought the game from for app support as the problem will be with their code not the actual story.

Hang in there, hopefully the release that includes the majority of fixes and the bonus story about visiting Xenon’s home planet will be released soon, and in the next update it will include many ending and relationship improvements. Also a short story about surviving life as a zombie. Stay tuned :smile:

I loved Zombien! It had an interesting premise and was intriguing overall.

…I feel really silly for asking, but is there a way to fall in love with Xenon? Romancing an alien would make the entire thing about ten times better for me! (I am going to pretend I am way cooler than I actually am so I can maintain some sort of dignity)

Erm, anyway, it is a very cool game, though I suppose a bit rushed… Still great!