Zombie game (Working title)

Have it where shes in like a populated city say Los Angeles or NYC. Then she either leaves or stays in the city. Lone wolf or with a group. Have romance options. Have background choices.

@diamondgirl You’ve inspired me for the game I’m writing, which is also set in the UK. I’m just making mine in a non-existent city though so no one will call me up on it. I know the UK education system better than the US, I use UK slang, I use our British pounds and remember what side of the road we drive on, and that we have a fantastic public transport system, and so many interesting old and weird things. And castles and old buildings and cannons.

If I was doing a zombie story, set in the UK (which I’m not although ahahhaaa I may do it with my story within a story.) I’d leap onto the recent food crisis scare. You know that whole contaminated meat, with some producs being 100% horse. Well I’d have them contaminated with a zombie virus which is slow-incubating and I’d crank up the whole health-scare thing. I still remember the whole mad cow disease health scare we had and the recent healthscare has just brought that back to mind. Yes, ignore that we’re feeding the public horse, and horse tranquilisers because it’s only trace amounts.

The idea that a similar food scare could eventually create zombies is one that strikes me as interesting.

The UK would end up quarantined from the rest of the world, being an island that’s possible after all. Nevermind that the rich would likely find their ways to flee anyway. All travel would be forbidden to stop the dangers of spreading the infection.

Anarchy would descend even among those not infected and we’d get the riots and the looters like there were a few years ago.

@FairyGodfeather Please don’t scare me with all that stuff, I have to live there you know.

@Badger she is in her final year at Oxford university so she just starting out in life, maybe I could have players decided her childhood and I am setting it in Atlanta (not inspired by Walking Dead which I haven’t watch). I am very bad at coding I read everything on it and still stuck

@FairyGodfeather thank you at I have inspired you to write a game its means a lot

if anyone on the forums could help me with the coding, I would eternally appreciate it

@trollhunterthethird Oh you won’t want to play my game then. :slight_smile:

@diamondgirl

Coding Choice games is easy. You don’t actually need a coder it shouldn’t be too difficult for you to pick up.

First have a read of the stuff on the choice website about creating a game. Download the files.

Then have a look at the wiki http://choicescriptdev.wikia.com/wiki/A_Basic_Tutorial and read things there.

Download Notepad++ for writing code in and the Choicescript Notepad++ Syntax Highlighter. (They’re both linked to on the wiki I think). Start experimenting.

@FairyGodfeather You have save me from giving up with my game, and I be looking forward to your game

I’d also suggest downloading my own favourite tool, Twine. While you can use Twine to create games, I use it just to map them out and create flowcharts and make branches. I then change what I’ve written there into choicescript using notepad++.

Twine’s at http://gimcrackd.com/etc/src/

And of course if you need any help you can just ask on these forums.

Coding is evil :confused:

@2Ton I have finally finishing coding the first scene and don’t how to upload it up I got drop-box account maybe you could help me, the first scene hopefully will available to test this week

@diamondgirl I suck at explaining dropbox but if you already registered and have it downloaded did you get a public file? you need one in order to share links to the story

Drobox can be a pain…

Yah, Especially if you have someone linked to you that wont leave your work alot T.T

@2Ton no i think so going to check now, going to check the choicespricit wiki and that doesn’t work i check the fourms for anwser

Did you download the stuff you needed to? Did you create a public folder? The public folder was the bit where I got stuck and it took me a while to work out.

@FairyGodfeather yes i did everything you said to do and no i don’t create a public folder just doing it now

Here diamond this should do it

Dropbox is very weird about that, right? it’s like “Hey, download dropbox! but the one thing you need dropbox for doesn’t come with dropbox! but you can figure the rest out on your own, bye-bye!” then you gotta go on a dog hunt to find the public folder like it’s big foot or something.

When I first got Dropbox I was searching for the public folder and I started to doubt it’s existence, it took me about 6 hours, six loooooonnnngggg hours!!

I just drag things in my dropbox folder and its there.

a little update:

having problems with the text showing up on the web page trying to sort it out. and hopeful it will be sorted out soon spending this weekend sort it out.

I decide to progress the story on while sorting out the problems,

Question? do you want a fourth love interest to pursed or limited it to the three guys I have decide for the Main Character can have romantic relationship with

@diamondgirl (Since i don’t know if you’re gonna do this) You should do female characters to be romancable too, just to tailor it to the players style.

Onto the subject I doubt most people would care as long as they’re well written, take ZE for example. It only has 4 Romance options yet they’re so extremely well written that everyone loves them. But I’m sure your writing skills will do well in that!

I heard you could romance two people at once too! :stuck_out_tongue: