Zombie Exodus: Safe Haven -- set for release 10/28/16

Congrats on getting the release date and the entire community is looking forward to your multi-faceted characters.

I do wonder if that Lopez guy - the National Guard guy that falls outside the house in the demo survives… heck, there are several interesting characters introduced so far. That one guy(girl?) in the armor in that one house was interesting too.

This is going to be one of those titles with many hours played on it I bet. :hugging:

7 Likes

Is the Steam release also on October 28th? App-store purchase is not exactly convenient in my country.

1 Like

I’ll have to clear my entire schedule for the 28th; no one speak to me, I’ll be playing Safe Haven.

24 Likes

@JimD care to say what the final word count is?

1 Like

Over 500,000 with an average play of 50k words. It has a lot of paths to play though.

21 Likes

This is the game they should have allowed people to pre-order ik j would have.

6 Likes

@JimD

I’ve been wanting to say this for a while now, but wasn’t exactly sure how to word it:

I’m often not too into many media forms (be it movies, stories,video games, etc) that involve zombies. Zombies have never been all that fascinating a monster to me most of the time (and have been rather overused lately), so I barely get interested in stories that mainly focus on them. And at the same time, too often have I seen the handling of the zombies just being a matter of characters (that you learn even less about than the zombies themselves) gathering big guns and mowing through them like grass, which does little to catch my interest when I’m more interested in knowing about the characters.

This game has been a major exception to my usual reservations. I love the fact can get to meet characters I can actually get to know. I love the fact that I have to actually pause to think about what each character I create is capable of handling when confronting obstacles, whether I’m playing as a physically impressive Mix-Martial-Artist who people think twice about antagonizing or a surprisingly resourceful Teen who many adult characters make the mistake of underestimating. And most of all, I love that survival feels like it plays a strong role this game’s core. Often I’ve stopped myself while playing this game and really thought about whether my character’s actions will lead to more benefits or consequences (especially after playing a Teenager and getting a firsthand experience on how I had to really consider how people may view them after having my kindness ‘repaid’ by two particular characters by them taking some of my stuff and leaving without a word. As I said before: I hope they come crawling back so I can sic my German Shepherd on them :rage:).

Simply put; I really came to love this game; you did a great job with it and I can’t wait to buy it when it releases. :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Thanks for all the kind words everyone. I have been working on this game many many hours and hearing people excited about it makes me feel it was worth the effort.

I have a feeling you will get your wish.

16 Likes

…I’d say “Great let them taste my doggy karma :smiling_imp:”. But those words feel a little…ambiguous and make me mainly think “Are they going to be crawling back to my Teenager as humans or as new members of the living dead :sweat:?” :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

YES YES YES YES.

You have no idea how hyped I am for this.

This will be the game that fuels my mini maxing needs for all eternity.

Overall,I give this game a 10/10.

1 Like

Been almost three years in the making, congratulations @JimD. The first game was great, hope the sequel is just as good :+1:

2 Likes

Wait the game releases in two days ? OH my **** lord i’ve been waiting so long for this game I can’t believe it you rock JIMD you ROCK !

1 Like

If only i knew about this i would had not use my money yesterday. Oh well im happy too hear about the release date

2 Likes

Huzzah!..

4 Likes

This is incredible! Let’s just hope that we don’t get a replay of what happened with Part V, where it was supposed to be released November 29 but instead wound up being released December 6.

Aside from that, congrats, and I look forward to playing it.

It is not Jim or even Cog staff fault if there is a delayed data. It is apple that love delay the admit tramits.

7 Likes

I’m not criticizing Jim for it. I’m just saying that I hope it doesn’t happen.

1 Like

I do hope it comes out as planned, too. We have a weekend sale for Halloween in the US, so timing is everything.

6 Likes

Ooh, I’m so excited for the release! I probably can’t play until my exams is over but when did that ever kill my excitement? Wait…opens wallet and flies pop out

squints Okay, money first…money first.

4 Likes

Hold on,hold on,hold on…

So you’re telling me that I not only get a nostalgic trip with Skyrim Special Edition,but I also get the HG that I’ve been anticipating the most?

On the same day???

This is just byotiful.

10 Likes