Zombie Exodus: Safe Haven -- set for release 10/28/16

ZE: Safe Haven is updated again with fixes to many game-ending errors. So that people try the new content, chapter 3 is linear. Clear browser history to view new content or play in a private/incognito window.
http://zombieexodus.com/ze2/web/mygame/index.html

4 Likes

You walk up to your bedroom with your book, Fire in the Barn, and sit on the windowsill to make use of sunlight. Opening to the last bookmark, you read— —
Ashton wrapped an arm around Kendall’s waist and pulled she ( should be: her) tight against her body. A strand of red hair fall ( should be : fell) over Kendall’s forehead, and Ashton brushed it aside. She felt the heat off the younger woman’s body. The temperature in the barn hovered around sixty degrees just after midnight, so the cuddling was welcome to Ashton. She never would have guessed that old farm house’s barn would not only protect him ( I’m gonna go with this romantic book that your character can read it depends on your characters own sexuality, or who they chose to date for the dating site thing or which of the twins have a crush on, in any case my main character is bisexual. Now ignoring all that, the two romantic interests of this novel for the reading hobby are both female. Should be: her) from the storm but become a place where he ( as I said above this should be the feminine form so, she) would find love.

“Ashton, what’s wrong?” Kendall said, her lip quivering as she spoke.

“Sorry. I was distracted for a moment. But I’m here now.”

After an hour of reading, you close the book and return downstairs.

The Taylor farm sits on twenty acres of rich, Colorado land, and though the soil’s rich and produce plentiful craps ( should be: crops. Luls) in years past, the last season yielded little. Though hard times fell on many of the farmers in the area, the Taylors never asked for help and are too proud to accept charity. At least they had Billie’s college fund to help through that lean season. With the cold winter, you doubt crops would do much better this year. Of course, it may not matter given the current state of apocalyptic affairs.

As you walk along the side of the road, A low growl startles you from nearby, and your head turns toward a thick grove of trees on the left. A moment later, you hear a high-pitched moan which vibrates through the air. You stare into the tree line but see no movement, and the sound dies out as quickly as it came.

I’m not entirely certain if what I said about the romance novel lovers having switching genders but if they do, pretty much all of the times where you’re reading the book one of the characters are male even if they originated as a female

1 Like

i liked the new tattoos, the prison tatt & Military tatt gives my survivor kind of a background history.

2 Likes

I guess I saw a zombie weed in my garden ‘-’

Noticed when I was playing with my teen, I acquired a pickup but in Chap 3 when going to Thelma’s I was on a bike. Odd thing was is that the story still recognized my choice as I was hitting a gas pedal as I was leaving.

With the update there’s so many things to do in so little time…

Edit: chapter3 line 1674: Non-existent variable ‘out_of_cover’

I rushed in to help the couple after following them around.

1 Like

Kind of like real life, eh? No time to do all the things you may want to in a day. :blush:

Quick’n’nasty play-through:

My motorcycle turned into a coupe when I went to shop! :scream: Eeeevil, I tell you, eeevil! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Didn’t notice much else other than the second (third?) day, the day when we may meet the Blind Date couple, I always run out of things to do and end up going to bed before 4 PM. :hushed:

1 Like

First time playing on a smartphone. Had to scroll up and down for ages with so many options :smile: Turns out they each take little time to complete, and the list looks reasonably sized on a laptop screen. Also, playing as a non-crafter without a nephew gives us more time to do other stuff :stuck_out_tongue:

I also can neither confirm nor deny that there’s a small possibility I may have mistaken 11am with 11pm.

Get that error after choosing distant running as a hobby.

@JimD

You squat next to him and examine his body. As you check through his pockets, he stirs, but you find a pair of glasses and a multitool tucked near his right hip. A sheathed knife hangs from his belt. You take them all. His hand still grips a handgun, an M9 automatic pistol, which you slip away along with a backup clip of 9mm ammo.

Okay, the standard issue Beretta M9 does not come in fully-automatic. It is a semi-automatic handgun, and seeing how this was a soldier’s gun, it would be standard issue: Semi Automatic.

It was mentioned a while ago, but I agree it is better to release the update even if it has a lot of bugs. Which… when I killed Tony (the zombie in the hole) I got the little paragraph about killing him, but the game didn’t count him under my zombie kills and the next page had “soon your grunts over take the zombie’s growls”, even though I killed him.
Also, as a teen when I went into Thelma’s store it said Money:13150 which seems like way too much.

1 Like

Actually, “automatic pistol” is an acceptable term when describing a semi-automatic, self-loading, and magazine-fed handgun with a detachable magazine.

A burst- or fully-automatic pistol would be a machine pistol. I believe that there are no such versions of the M9.

The “clip of 9mm ammo” made me flinch, though.

1 Like

@JimD
When you pick your hobbies, I would suggest changing the sentence that appears, when you pick your second hobby from “Your second priority is to”, to ‘your second hobby is’.
I found a bug in chapter 3, when Jaime’s cousin arrived.

“Are you unknown?” he asks in a gravelly voice.

I’ve looked through the code and it says
“Are you ${dep_name}?”
I think you need to change the code to
${firstname}.

I found a spelling error in chapter 3 when I chose to talk to Woody.

“What are you trying to do to that laptop.”

Change the full stop to a question mark.

In chapter 3, when Lyle and Jillian leave and take your gear, there is no gear missing and no note from them about the missing gear.

I found some spelling mistakes in chapter 3, talking with Woody, about his thesis.
On the second page, add a double quote mark at the end of the first paragraph.

It was a myth that lived and breathed among the older Ute, and though they passed it on, the younger Ute thought of it as hockum to scare people out of practices of their ancestors.

Add a double quote mark after ‘ancestors’.

On the third page, add a double quote mark at the end of the first paragraph.

Six men and three women—they wore clothes and paint of their forebears and chanted and passed a pipe in the scant light of that fire, and as I stood and watched, I could swear the smoke mixed with shadows to make apparitions in the air.

Add a double quote mark after ‘air’.

On the third page, add a double quote mark at the end of the second paragraph.

A thin red liquid dripped from the meat as he laid it in a dish, and by the time he stopped, it had piled to a healthy heap.

Add a double quote mark at the end of the second paragraph, after ‘heap’.

On the fourth page add a double quote mark at the end of the first paragraph, after ‘stare’.

If I wanted to vomit, fear had petrified me to do nothin’ more than stand and stare.

Add a double quote mark at the end of the second paragraph.

His mouth stayed open and a milky drool slipped out and splattered on the floor, tongue darting out and waving like a tentacle.

Add a double quote mark after ‘tentacle’.

On the fifth page, add a double quote mark at the end of the first paragraph.

I stood and ran, hauling to the forest, and blacked out on the path until I reached Shima’s house and regained my senses.

Add a double quote mark after ‘senses’.

1 Like

Made me flinch too :confounded:

Well you’re technically right but, automatic more commonly refers to a weapon that will repeatedly fire as you hold the trigger or for burst weapons shoot a couple rounds every time you pull the trigger.

i did notice an issue during a couple of playthroughs where i chose to get a Motorcycle for my survivor but it saves it as a sedan or something… i was trying to get a Daryl Dixon vibe going on lol

4 Likes

It’s a win-win combo. :grin:

For me it turned into a coupe. That is sooo evil! :fearful:

Same error pops up with the driver.

Found a spelling error “Instead, he snaps the curtain shot, and the pale glow of light dies in the second-floor room.”
It should be shut.

If you went to the house with the guy with a heart attack, you get 10 grand there. That would explain a lot of the cash.

2 Likes

There’s an error the first time you meet Woody where he doesn’t say the MC’s name.
“Are you unknown?” he asks in a gravelly voice