Zombie Exodus: Safe Haven -- set for release 10/28/16

@JimD
It’s more convenient but I’m more likely to look at the inventory to view my weapons, armour and vehicle.
In chapter 2 playing as a infantry soldier with a .357 colt python as a primary and a .45 M1911 as a secondary this spelling error showed up.

departed

Hello @JimD just finished the first game and I’m going to play and help with some stuff in safe haven soon, I’m just wondering since safe haven happens in the same timeline as exodus will Emily (Tom’s wife) be featured in the game? Carl said in the first game that tom made it sound that she died but the truth is she left him before the MC came to the cathedral which I think is more than a month and she probably searched for someplace safe ,what if she ends up meeting the MC of safe haven and gives us her back story with tom and her life before leaving the cathedral?

3 Likes

@JimD here’s a thought… Of course there will be a few NPCs and potential group members out there to find, especially since every one is mortal this time. Perhaps this is an opportunity for a friendly fan competition?

Create a profile for an NPC that can be recruited for your safe haven. Include their appearance, personality, basic info of their past life like job and hobby etc. Their skills, pros and cons and what ticks them off and what impresses them. You pick the one you like the most.

I understand you have a big workload with this next game along with real life, so I thought this would be a great way to help you out and pitch a lot of ideas and imaginations from fans.

Edit: and I promise, my own NPC won’t be a total sociopath this time :wink:

1 Like

@JimD

When I chose to kill the zombie in chapter 1
The hammer is not equipped but is greyed out.
In chapter 2 when I had breakfast with Lyle and Jillian the game acts like I have a nephew.
“It’s the best we can do right now.”
Did you mean? “It’s the best I can do right now.”

one problem with that…there was that auction months ago to have a custom npc who get killed in zsh and they paid hundreds of dollas to get that…

Oh poopie poop… Nevermind then

By we I think the MC means the group not himself. So we refers to the Lyle, Jillian and the MC.

This is possibly the most amazing piece of writing I have ever read as a zombie story, and it’s not even done.

The amount of customization here is amazing.

There are just a few typos in the story, but other than that, everything worked. Awesome writing. I tried making a story myself tonight but I kept getting an error and couldn’t find the error help page so I just stopped :expressionless: I can’t wait to read more. Thanks for writing!

Is anyone else having trouble viewing the game or website?

JimD how about if you have spare points and don’t use them, the next time you get a chance to upgrade your skills, you give them extra points depending on how many points the MC didn’t spend. It would make them weaker in the beginning chapters and give them bonus points for doing so. For example, if the MC didn’t use 1 to 3 points, they got one extra point and so on.
EDIT: I also cannot access the link.

I keep getting an error when i try the link, is there a secondary link which also has the update?

@Setari thank you! I’m writing as fast possible. Don’t give up on your project. We’re here to help if you get stuck.

@Coold00d12 @Bugreporter my web host is having problems with the server. I hope it will be up soon.

@TheTrueKing spare points work just as you say. I am adding a leveling system soon.

1 Like

@JimD A little while back, you said about adding some R&R options, would they decrease the amount of stress in the stress stat if implemented?

In chapter 1 playing as a infantry soldier I chose to check online for information and selected “log on to the military intranet”.
When the zombie attacked I knew that I had to kill the brain but this text showed “You squeeze the trigger. The weapon jolts. The bullet tears through his neck and spins him around.”

Also when playing as an infantry soldier in chapter 1 I didn’t select the email that says “Brigade Recall”, I selected PrimeMatch and selected Jake’s profile however this text shows “In the middle of the morning, you ponder your agenda for the day.
Go on a date with Jake.
Head in early for the formation on base.”

When selecting “First off, I feel you should know I’m Army, too.” After selecting it on one page it shows “So, what is going on here?” Darius says. Behind him, Rebbecca walks to the body of the man and examines him.
On the next page it shows this text “The man dials his phone and turns to peer down the highway. The snow has stopped but the cold hangs in the air.
“He’s not breathing,” the woman says”
However these options show.

In chapter 2 I chose to visit the three story house and got this error.

Also in chapter 2, I says that I have 1 magnum ammo load but I only have 2 colt revolver’s.

In chapter 1 I found these spelling errors.
When I chose to kick Lyle and Jillian out and attack them with my bare hands.
“You charge forward and throw an overhand punch fist at Lyle’s face.”
overhand punch.
“This was all clearly a misunderstanding,” Lyle says as he walks to the door, arm-in-arm with Jillian
This sentence needs a full stop after Jillian.

@JimD

Got an error.

chapter2 line 1802: bad label billieshouse

@JimD
I found these spelling errors when I chose to kill Lyle and Jillian.

“One thing before you go, Lyle, if that’s your real name,”
Change the comma into a full stop.

“He’s not letting us leave, Jillian,”
Change the comma to a full stop after Jillian.

“Look, let’s talk about this,”
change the comma to a full stop after this.

“He slumps over, and his head smacks floor.”
smacks the floor.

Did you get Driver’s revolver?

If so, then getting his revolver only gives you 1 Colt revolver. It does not give you .357 ammo.

@JimD

Can you add an option for the MC to stab Driver then loot his corpse to get .357 ammo?

Also, I like the fact that we can totally have a badass gun.

@JimD
If you play as a teenager and have an addiction to alcohol , when you visit the party and select “Get some free booze” this text shows.

Why is there no mention of a sister in the prologue? Maybe the text should be changed to “Your parent’s liquor cabinet”

In the prologue I chose the options “I check the tracks in the yard. I want to know who made them.” And “Look around for a weapon.” When the zombie visit’s your house in chapter 1 the option to select the hammer as a weapon is greyed out.

In chapter 2, when visiting chipper ridge high school I chose to “Cause a distraction in the parking lot and sneak in while the gunner is gone.” I found this spelling error.
“the gunner spins the machine gun toward the zombies and grips the handle.”
The gunner

@Bugreporter

Yes, I want to have multiple ways to reduce stress and fatigue.

I think commas work here. I’m using a comma to end speech. Is it confusing because I use plead as the verb?

Thanks for all the errors you’ve reported!

@Sneaks I’ll have that fixed soon. Thanks!

@NJG

I will be adding an option to loot him. I have to rewrite that section.

I don’t know if anybody mentioned this or not but when I try to get close to driver for a melee attack and the zombies distract him I choose to attack him from the back it says that I shot him in the back with my katana . :smiley:

2 Likes

@JimD
When I chose to attack Lyle and Jillian in chapter 1 with my bare hands I found this spelling error.

“This was all clearly a misunderstanding,” Lyle says as he walks to the door, arm-in-arm with Jillian
Add a full stop after Jillian.

1 Like