Zombie Exodus: Safe Haven: Part Three Discussion Thread

In theory, Gina would fit the co-leader spot the most because she had JROTC training, so in some way she have “official” leadership training. Though she is quite rigid and take no nonsenses so it might backfire on a democracy leadership style, but perfect with the millitaristic approach, with everything else in between. And most people in the group have neutral relationship with her, so there are very little chance of fraternization or people aren’t willing to follow her orders out of spite. Though the millitary leadership might make some people upset due to the lack of voice in how the group work and less freedom such as Jaime, Parker, Madison, and most other “civillian” members.

Though I trust Gina the most in being a co-leader, I am a little bit worried about it as unlike other leadership choices, she doesn’t have plot armour as good as their, so she is more vulnerable to death.

And yeah, last time i played neither Jaime or Rachel choose any second-in-command, and there are no options for them to choose one, shame too cause it seems like missed opportunity. Though it would be funny to persuade them to make the MC their second in command even after the MC themselves originally refuse the leadership role

4 Likes

I think in cases of someone else being the leader of the group the MC is made the “unofficial co-leader” because of the sheer amount they do and have influence on others in those types of runs. It wouldn’t make allot of sense otherwise due to the sheer amount they’re relied on by others, and the various instances members will straight up ask the MC what to do. That’s my take on it anyway.

3 Likes

My MC is never leader, and he basically explains it (to Keith I think) as “We have a designated leader but also have multiple people running the group”.

1 Like

Hey guys. Is it possible to get enough affinity with kelly before part 2 so she drives in the car with you (this is after your house burns down, just before you guys leave to search for a new haven).

1 Like

Eh…yes, I think? If I’m remembering correctly the person who drives with you at the end of part 1 is decided based upon who you’ve actively romanced up to that point. So you have to support her against the neighbors when she starts a mini riot, and then when you go to their house for revenge on the last free day of part 1 you offer her your place and pick the option that says you want to get close to her or something like that. (Note I’ve done one Kelley romance and did get the scene where she rode with the MC however it’s been a while and I’m not 100% on the details, this is what I personally remembered doing.)

Edit: Optionally what you could do to near guarantee it, is get the lowest affinity you can with all the other members and only raise Kelley’s while picking the romance options

1 Like

I disagree with you here. Though we didn’t actually get to see how Gina would act as a leader, but when Rachel got to be leader she was even called out as a dictator, and she gave me the impression that she might be overly pragmatic (while Jaime is overly idealistic). Rachel focuses more on surviving and tries to keep the group members around her alive even if that would mean taking choices away from them and seeing her as leader gave me the impression that it’s more about strategies with her and not that much trying to get to actually know her group members, and to give them much happiness beside that they get to see the next day if they survive. Gina seemed more personable, she seemed to care more about the little things in part 2 and in part 3 too, in part 2 when we went scavenging Gina remembered what other survivors told her about stuff which would make them happier or more comfortable if they had them and in part 3 she offered her help to Madison to get the stuff for the prom (while Rachel outright shoots down the idea, because a party is not something necessary for group survival and puts Madison and whoever goes with her scavenging at risk, it would be just something to build up moral at least for a while), but there were also occasions when Gina showed that she can also think pragmatically (probably those are why you think Gina would be better for a militaristic approach). Gina still seems to understand the importance of group morality while Rachel doesn’t. So I think a militaristic approach would be more Rachels style and Gina could be something between Rachel and Jaime (not too paragmatic and not too idealistic).

6 Likes

That makes sense, I think.

Though it doesn’t really make me feel better when I do my teenaged hacker playthrough. In that one I would prefer to be more like Jason in the original Zombie Exodus. I mean for starters, I get that most survivors in the group meet my MC first and maybe they are the link which connects them to the others in a way. But still my MC is a teenager and aside from Reillies nickname given to them, they are not treated as a kid (opposed to Brody and Madison). In that playthrough I’d prefer to support the group with gathering intel, hacking security systems or whatever other stuff a hacker can be useful for, instead of making choices a leader should make, leading conversations they should lead, or being forced to go out fighting when my MC isn’t fit enough for that (or shouldn’t be if I wouldn’t do some metagaming instead of just pure roleplaying).

2 Likes

I get what you mean, I usually make my character a messed up teen suffering from delusions and PTSD so they become a dangerous but effective wildcard who could kill everyone, but also completely useless depending on the situation. But you are right that besides for a few choice moments, the MC isn’t really treated as being a kid past part 2. Probably just an overall effect of trying to make a story that can fit any overall character.

3 Likes

@JimD You might want to let Bailey know that…or actually don’t, as I seemed to have a thing going with her and Rachel and all was well! :smiley: Don’t go putting any wrong ideas in her head. :wink:

3 Likes

Hey everyone! Just started part 3 and loving every second of it however I noticed a few small issues with the museum chapter. Most of it runs smoothly however when the red mambas show up things get rocky as I successfully killed Cruz from his concealed cover but somehow a few paragraphs later he is back from the dead blasting away and killing one of the biker members. I also encountered a issue when Gilbert and the club guy with an axe fight each other as it states Bailey shoots Gilbert in his chest and while he’s bleeding out on the ground Brick the guy with an axe kills Gilbert but on the next paragraph it says Gilbert dodged him seemingly missing his gunshot wound then kills brick. Other than that everything has been going great so far and I’m loving it! Keep up the good work!

2 Likes

@JimD can confirm, this is a bug. Kelly stops being RO. when 1st time picking ROs in part 3, Kelly isn’t an option among females, both for primary and secondary choice. same after the Prom event

2 Likes

There are some changes in Part 1, but I didn’t change the number of supplies you receive.

At what point does she say you lost even when you won? Is it in that chapter or later when you meet her?

There is flirting and there’s being in an intimate relationship. Or maybe she’s fine with having two lovers but doesn’t extend that to others.

Thanks for pointing out those issues. It was a very complex chapter, so I will work on those fixes.

That’s a really strange bug, but I will get working on fixing it.

5 Likes

She says it when you ask for help at the bar in the silverthorne camp

Out of every survival/zombie game I’ve ever played, ZE is my favorite. There’s enough tension to be exciting but it doesn’t frustrate me or make me anxious enough to quit. And I usually can’t finish Zombie media, but I always finish these!

2 Likes

Hey, is it just impossiple To save Eli or have any kind of option to do so? I had 5 people on guard duty and built every defense possible to keep us aleeted to the fact that Zed’s may show up but no matter what I do or try he keeps dying. As someone who took care of a family member with alzheimers it is extremely frustrating in an unfun way to feel like he is just introduced to die and make us sad. Also no matter how many times I choose to build guard towers the option is always open and never seems to be done. Am I building multiple towers or is it a bug and just not registering that I chose to make them. Also when Rachel gives her reports i lose the same items every time and sometimes when i loot wooden parts they do not show up in my inventory.

1 Like

His death is scripted, there’s nothing u can do to save him

3 Likes

To be honest he wouldn’t be able to survive long term because of his condition which was getting worse. He was struggling to remember things and he had no clue about the zombies. It’s sad he died but maybe it was for the best. Shame he died in the worst way possible

1 Like

I’ve been wondering that since it doesn’t seem to list him in the end game stats as a scripted death.
It seemed like it was scripted, given the change in Kevin especially, but him not being there still confused me.

It’s actually an oversight that I forgot to add him to the end credits.

6 Likes

So first off, I know initially it was super high science that was required. I remember having been able to take the cerebrospinal fluid sample in an earlier playthrough with 95 science, but tried again with 95 science in a more recent one and got this message about medicine. I figured @JimD must’ve just decided to change it to medicine instead of science, so I made a new profile with expert medicine but still got the same message. So now I’m figuring it has to be an error, right?

I tried to include screenshots of the error message in both accounts but it won’t let me add them.

Also, I’m having the same issue someone else mentioned earlier in which the option to check out Finn’s bag’s doesn’t show in that time leading up to the Silverthorne confrontation.

1 Like