Zombie Exodus: Safe Haven, Part 3 - releasing 3/3/2022

I think that, in regards to scripted deaths, they are important for this sort of game. We are living in a world overrun with flesh-eating monsters that cause death where ever they go. They do a good job to help us to understand the limited time we have with our other survivors and Jim does a good job of making the actual reader sad when they read about the untimely death of our comrades.

While I liked Gina (not my normal RO) I think her death is something the game should include as it proves one of the true sorrows that comes around in this new world we have come to know. She was a valuable member who was ripped away too soon but that is the realty we live in (in game). We must learn to adapt to the unknown and ever changing reality in this new world. It might rip our hearts out but its the unfortunate truth that has happen to millions (in the game).

14 Likes

Iā€™m on the side that scripted deaths in the face of having a defense system that you sacrifice time and effort into creating that does not actually mitigate danger feels a bit unfair. Even in the case that ā€˜life is unfairā€™, it feels like the outcome is not only that these people WILL die, but you also are penalized by having the time you spent (as a leader) trying to curb this exact thing being rendered useless on no fault of your own.

13 Likes

About the nephew being assigned tasks. I feel like he could easily help out with chores, or clearing space. Rather than excluding him entirely, it would make sense to simply set up check so if you donā€™t select one of the few activities heā€™s capable of heā€™s moved back automatically to freetime.

Failing that, perhaps assign him a special project of helping Eli by passing tools. This lets him learn a usefull skill and lets us pull at Kevins heart strings, while also ensuring our nephew is supervised and kept out of the way of the survivors with tasks at the junkyard. We could offer a bonus payment specifically to have eli take his time and explain thing to our nephew at the cost of slower repairs.

14 Likes

Somehow used 700+ food units in a dayā€¦ That part seems a bit broken

10 Likes

Name: Angel Batista
Profession/Background: Professional Wrestler
Preferred Skill 1: Hand-to-hand combat
Preferred Skill 2: Persuasion
Skill Points: 0
Hair Color: Dark brown
Eye Color: Black
Race/Ethnicity: Hispanic or Latino
Distinguishing Features: face scar

Strength: 80%
Dexterity: 60%
Agility: 65%
Stamina: 70%
Charisma: 60%
Intelligence: 50%
Willpower: 30%
Perception: 45%

The stats for my Professional Wrestling character. His in-ring name is Mysterion. I wonder if his Strength is too lowā€¦

Here is Mysterion after winning the Diablo Wrestling Undisputed Heavyweight Championship in Boulder, Colorado, alongside his former manager, Vinnie ā€œThe Money Manā€ Crazado.

Iā€™ve been a massive wrestling fan my entire life and I recently realized I never gave the wrestling option a real run or proper feedback. @JimD I donā€™t know if anyone is a big user of this one, I havenā€™t seen any. So Iā€™ll be posting feedback on it all the way up to Part 3. I hope itā€™s not too late for this, because I feel it hasnā€™t been thoroughly talked about like the more popular options.

6 Likes

Thatā€™s cos it is mostly useless in combat unless u have strength and stamina to make it worth the risk. Gotta have good reaction timing to make it work

Eh, I heavily disagree. Itā€™s always worked like everything else for me; if you have the stats to pull it off, like with shooting any gun in the game, itā€™ll work, if its not very difficult, which is pretty rare. Even then, if you have the stats, you can do it. Also like with anything. Iā€™m glad Jim has favored this approach to combat; zombies arenā€™t realistic to begin with, so if you want to be a wrestler or something else as crazy like a sledgehammer-wielding teenager, you can go nuts.

Well I always get hurt or injured someway using it So I donā€™t trust it.

Thatā€™s because you donā€™t know your role, brotha!

tenor (2)

Woooooooooooo!

1 Like

No, Fred and Billie are your neighbors from Part 1.

Yes, and I really appreciate it.

Iā€™m not sure if I want to include the college student or not. This is supposed to be a storyline unique to the teenager, and I feel it college student is a separate background with the intention of being independent. I think of teenagers as still having some association with their parents, for lack of a better way of explaining it.

Yes, his father is out of the picture. Itā€™s not plan to bring him into the story, but nothing is ever impossible.

If he goes with you to the pharmacy in Part 2, he may get injured.

Was it in a day or in three days? Most of the time, the gap between chapters is three days.

Pro wrestler is definitely a niche character but not unpopular. I think the engineer and homemaker are the least played characters, although I find them both strong if you are minmaxing. But this is awesome and I am excited to read how Mysterion survives the outbreak.

9 Likes

I was wondering which group they joined in Chapter 9, and where the second encounter was, since other people were talking about them joining the group.

I just realized that Fred is a good crafter (he mentions it, and also you find tools at his house), so he and Woody could probably handle crafting even if Gina is a scripted death.

3 Likes

Ah! How is the homemaker background unpopular?! The skill points (if used correctly) lead to the potentially most well equipped MC in the game! Like MC might be a homemaker but theyā€™ve apparently got a lot of skills that make them potentially one of the most vital memebers of the group :joy:

It might be the way I play with my character Winie but I love the idea of a my homemaker (short, stout, blonde hair, blue eyed) killing zombies like a badass and then turn around a make a badass meal for the group. Itā€™s been one of my favorite play through with her as it lets me sort of let my imagination run while on how my unassuming homemaker becomes a badass killing machine who can make a mean meal in the meantime :rofl:

11 Likes

Homemaker. Bank Robber. Teenager. College Student. Movie Star. And Mixed Martial Artist each are the best.

1 Like

Donā€™t look down the others. They are all good roles regardless of what we prefer. I always pick the builder or hacker since their skills will help now and in the future

4 Likes

My personal favorites are soldier (specifically Military Commander) and medical professional (Dr. or Nurse).

1 Like

Mines are Movie Star, Combat Infantry and Teenager

Homemaker, College Student, and Movie Star are my personal favorites.

Mysterion nice that happens to be the name for one of my characters in the hero or villian series :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I feel like. If it wasnā€™t for the fact that itā€™s difficult to make an op character. Iā€™d be happy to be any other profession then the ones I listed above

So I decided to make Mysterion come to life in the WWE 2K19 video game! I tried to stay as faithful to his costume as I could, and after many hours, I have to say, Iā€™m quite pleased with how he came out! Here are some screenshots of a match I played him in.

In my headcanon, this is a main event he wrestled pre-outbreak in 2011 when Diablo Wrestling travelled to his home country for the first time, Mexico! It makes for quite a beautiful venue in my opinion, and Mysterion surely made an impact in the ring and in front of his hometown fans!

His two opponents here are a real life tag team called The Lucha Bros, who I also brought to life in-game and are also from Mexico!

Hope you enjoy. This served as some real inspiration for my playthrough.

Pre-match pandering.

So this is what 80 Strength looks like. Take in this manā€™s power!

Upā€¦

ā€¦And down onto the mat! Thereā€™s concrete beneath that! As WWEā€™s famed commentator Michael Cole would say, ā€œOh, no! And SPINE ON THE PINE!ā€

He hits his patented diving elbow drop for the win! Celebration time!

Angel happily spots his best friend Jaime in the crowd, who came all the way down to the desert to see the show!

Alternative shot of that beautiful double Firemanā€™s Carry slam.

That is all.

8 Likes