Zombie Exodus: Safe Haven General Discussion (Part 3 beta coming in December)

Still an estimate though, I never said it was the final date (´・ω・`)

1 Like

No but she was just telling you and stating the fact for people in general not to assume that it’s set in stone. If you don’t put out a disclaimer someone is bound to expect that part 3 is the definitive due date.

5 Likes

Yeah, and we have otherwise people comming here angry with Where is the damn part etc… What is against forum rules. So remember that is only extimated is worthwhile

3 Likes

Is their anyone who can provide us the guide for the guns location that you can get in zesh ive been trying to get the hk416 and the ak47 but unable to get it???

1 Like

You can get an AK-47 at the boarded up house, choose the fire escape as your way to enter. As for the former weapon I’m not sure. But you can also get a good gun from Sifer in part 2 if you choose to go with Jaime and Rachel back to the cars and search Sifers stuff.

Edit: Not sure I should bother with the blurring here since most people probably played part 1 and 2 multiple times already.

3 Likes

The HK416 is only if you capture or kill Benton from the Silverthorne Militia, as far as I know.

The weapon at the boarded up house is the Arsenal AK, not the AK-47. I’d say it’s “splitting hairs” on the difference, but the Arsenal is the better weapon, and they use different ammo.

Jamie[/spoiler] will bring you [spoiler]an AK-47 if you ask him to bring weapons when he’s still with Dillan’s group (he also brings a tactical shotgun and an MP5 for you to choose from).

3 Likes

You have to kill Benton with Hand-to-Hand. Sniping him doesn’t get the gun (in story, Rachel, Lopez and Dante are busy taking down Wyatt, MC is trapped inside the sky nest by Wyatt and immediately returns to camp as Keith is gone and the rest of the threat is dead, and no one else is in the woods because they went for cover as soon as shots were fired).

2 Likes

Are you sure? Because I dropped into the code to see if there was a scenario I’d missed (my MCs have killed Benton both from the skynest and in the woods and always gotten the gun) and all the options where the MC kills Benton add the gun to inventory, regardless of how he’s killed.

There are a lot of variables in the fight scene(s), so maybe one cancels it out that I didn’t see.

The only way he dies and the gun isn’t added that I saw in the code is if Zombie Joe is used as a camp defense.

If you follow Benton into the woods, your Stealth needs to be pretty high to sneak up and subdue or kill him and get the gun. You can also try to get him to surrender and there’s the possibility that he’ll falsely surrender if your social skill (persuasion, intimidation, or leadership) isn’t high enough and you still get to kill him and get the gun.

I just played through searching for Benton from the sky nest. Once MC makes the shot, MC is trapped inside the skynest until Rachel and co. kill Wyatt. After Keith flees, MC immediately returns to camp. No mention is made of searching for Benton’s body, much less taking the HK 416–he is simply left to rot in the woods. The HK 416 does not appear in the inventory either. What were the stats of your MCs that did get the HK 416 after sniping Benton from the skynest?

Honestly, after the code dive, I don’t think it is my MC’s personal stats/skills so much as the camp being prepared. Ze has 3 skill points in RW and stealth, carrying the Arsenal AK. But most of this play was building up the camp.

Summary

Edit to say it seems to be the common thread on the others I’ve found… I may have a few too many games saved.

@JimD
Spelling error found in part 2, when receiving a call from colonel Goodman.
In the choice: “How the hell should I know?”

Watch yourself, solider

Soldier

How did you kill kaith’s 3 followers(all of them) without losing a single person?
I can max kill 2 of them… other always escape with kaith.

1 Like

Better have high Range Weapon Skill maybe 85+, Search 70+(50+ if you have the Sky Nest), Stealth 60+

Have Rachel bring fighters to the woods.

Shoot Natalie,
Search for Benton,
Snipe if Range Weapon is High Enough, if not Search for him then Sneak closer to kill him, better to kill in close range to get his rifle
Wyatt will Die from from a shot from Rachel in the woods.

2 Likes

I also tried that…but my team can’t kill anyone. And if my defense is low, my teammates died.

Okay, a few things to make the top one work,

1. Save as many survivors as you can, you could have 18 at your command before the battle if you save everyone.
  2. Camp Defense should be the Sky Nest, Spiked Barricade, and a Trench. Command Gina and Woody for the first 2 for less time.
  3. Equip a sniper rifle just to be sure to hit.
  4. I never trained my team before the fight, just kept them on high allegiance and morale.
  5. Just follow my suggestion in order and it would work 100%
6 Likes

Hi guys

Im not sure if someone already asked this but how many chapters is jim planning to make out of this game???

And also i wished that we could have recruited harriet’s group. Hoping in the future we could meet them again assuming they did not go through with their plan in going to idaho

1 Like
  1. Somebody probably has asked it’s just buried under the thousands of other replies. As for the number of chapters exactly no clue, all I know is the game is being split into a number of parts. Whether it’s 3- or 4 I don’t know but we’ll find out when that information is ready to be released.

2.Are you talking about Kent & the family in the grocery store ? If so, in my opinion, being able to recruit them wouldn’t have been beneficial to our group or theirs because 1. We weren’t in a secure location that could actually provide their family with stability 2. By the time we meet them we are barely getting enough supplies to make the 10-18 people we already have at least comfortable and adding a whole family wouldn’t exactly make our situation better. 3. IF they had joined they would probably be threatened by the Silverthornes or worse caught in the crossfire and possibly killed or let’s say they do survive than you have a guilt by association situation where they’re an enemy just for living with us.

6 Likes

Didn’t Kent and co. hear about the SM and think about joining them (they had many plans, including fleeing to Idaho, and Kent mentions an unspecified militia, IIRC)? If so, I strongly suspect that we will see them again in Part 3 if MC meets them in Part 2 (especially if MC gives the impression that they are competent, but caring).

1 Like

Well if they went to join the Silverthorne’s and actually found their base, I wouldn’t expect them to be found alive because of their view on children in the apocalypse… (Also I’m not used to abbreviating the group names so I have no idea what the hell IIRC means could you please tell me what that stands for).

IIRC means “If I recall correctly”.

7 Likes