Zeitnot [Work In Progress]

@Lycoris, do you have plans to add more customizations on the MC or some of the other details left to the imagination of the player?

i’m already happy with what we have but i’m not going to stop you if you want to do more.

1 Like

Given that J is always on the opposite team… What do you think? :wink:

I think this time around I’ll leave the MC’s looks as vague as possible (except the clothing style and such), or try something different than the usual skin/hair/eye color :smile:

I’m making different backgrounds, and each one has its perks and downsides. As for now, there are 3:

• Aspiring chess master out of High School (late teens).
  • Overworked med student (early twenties).
  • The perfect average citizen (mid-twenties).

The backgrounds won’t lock the player out of any romance/achievement, but may influence the playing style in some scenes.

15 Likes

Sweet!

And as much as i’m curious to know what those perks and downsides are, i think i would rather let you have as a secret for now.

1 Like

Hey :slight_smile:

It has been a while, and I’ll admit I left Zeitnot a bit abandoned, but it’s not dead. While I don’t have much time to write (college and real life have a great time kicking me) I have designed some things, and decided which direction the story is going to take :smile:

The game will be rated 16+ (not quite 18+, but it will deal with mature theme, not all of them explicit, but heavily implied) and it’s going to have a touch of philosophical and moral focus. That’s to say, I don’t mean things like “this action is wrong! You should do x or y if you don’t want to get penalised,” but enough to make the player think what they should do (act for their own good/the “greater good”).

The three backgrounds I mentioned are the same, each one with its own perk (chess masters have extra knowledge/creative thinking, med students are much more perceptive, and perfectly average citizens have an enviable luck). Also, depending on the MC’s age (late teens/early twenties/late twenties) will change how some NPCs interact with you, and maaaaaaybe have some age-locked romances.

Quinn and Dayo are two of the love interests you can romance regardless of your team and gender, same with J. Hawea and Behiye are likely to become ROs too (along with Elaine, who is only interested in non-binary players), and maybe options to have something like flings (like Sione). I still have a lot of NPCs to make, and maybe more ROs, but I want to keep the number low-ish :slight_smile:

The team system will be the same, your MC can be in the Black/White team, and each one has different members and dynamics (and not all of them are in good terms with everyone. The drama!), so I hope the players feels curious enough to at least try each team at least once. Maybe in the future I’ll also ask which team is more popular :upside_down_face:

Anyways, I hope I can manage an update before 2018, however small it is. Wish me luck!

27 Likes

Just replayed for old times sake and:

Just thought:
24D3F7EA-2234-48A0-9922-A22E62952296
of this:

14 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.