Writing and Testing ChoiceScript on Android

Someone asked on the Discord whether it was possible to make a ChoiceScript work only using an Android phone. I was curious to see and I figured out how it can be done. You’ll need a bunch of apps but it’s definitely possible. Here’s a step by step guide (all from your phone or tablet):

1. Download the ChoiceScript source by clicking the link on this page: https://www.choiceofgames.com/make-your-own-games/choicescript-intro/. This will download a .zip file.
  2. Install an app for extracting .zip files. I used one called RAR.
  3. In your unzipping app, go to your downloads folder and select the .zip you just downloaded and click the extract icon.
  4. You’ll need to install a decent text editor that can insert tabs. I used one called anWriter.
  5. You’ll need to install a web browser that can open local htmls. I used Firefox for this.
  6. Create or edit files with your text editor in the scenes folder like normal to create your game.
  7. Open the index file in your browser to test it.
    (This was tricky for me at first as there seemed no option for opening local files. So in RAR I opened Index.html in Firefox. It didn’t work until I gave Firefox permission to work with my storage. I gave that permission in my apps settings.)

If you’ve got any further questions on how I did this, do ask! It’s definitely easier to use a computer but I know that’s not an option for everyone.

Choice script on my android phone
Can I export my games to my CP???

I wonder if it’s possible to develop using one of those remote desktop apps?