Without naming the game how would you describe the best and worst CYOA games you've played.?

Worst: Whoever wrote it was in a windowless room with ten hours of yakety sax playing.

Best: Medievil lesbian adventure

2 Likes

Worst : Thereā€™s definitely potential, but the spelling and grammar mistake ruins the immersion.

Best : Be thankful for what you have, donā€™t busy yourself with 'what ifā€™s, because, even if you have a time machine to do those 'what ifā€™s, you canā€™t be certain how itā€™ll actually play out.

Or, alternatively, Steins;Gate Lite.

2 Likes

Okay, cā€™mon people, put the titles in spoiler tags.

Also, should this be merged with thf funny thread, or something?

2 Likes

Hummmā€¦

I kinda donā€™t have a worst . Cose , when I play the demoā€¦I usually know if Iā€™m gonna like the story or not . So most of choiceofgames I brough , even if some were too short for my tasteā€¦the writing wasnā€™t as good as that other mind blowing storyā€¦I still have no regret . I still play them from time to time . The best ones of course , like Fallen Hero , drive me bonker and I play them so muchā€¦I end up dreaming about them lol .

But the one story , like I saidā€¦it isnā€™t the worstā€¦there is no hate . Just maybe regret . Cose I wasnā€™t going to play it after testing the demo . I knew that story isnā€™t my cup of tea .

Homewhever , what happen is that when I finally got the bucks to buy someā€¦I kinda made a mistake . I wanted X story and end up buying one I didnā€™t like . I mixed the titles .

And that story , just as I thoughā€¦wasnā€™t my cup of tea . I donā€™t like asking for refund . So just went trough it just in case I was wrong butā€¦yeah , I wasnā€™t wrong . I was bored and the story themeā€¦was so not what I like .

2 Likes

Iā€™d rather titles werenā€™t shared because if someone reads ā€œwritten in a windowless rolm while listening to Yakety sax for ten hoursā€ they might be really offended if itā€™s their game.

7 Likes

Only if you canā€™t reason why you think that.
If you can itā€™s possibly valid criticism.

3 Likes

Have you played any games that fit the description of Written in a windowless room listening to ten hours of Yakety Sax?

I feel thatā€™s such a specific visual image that like the game guess who itā€™s like saying a Character has a pink moustache. It narrows things down.

2 Likes

The worst would be one in which there truly was no choices to make.
The best would be a game filled with a great story and was outstanding in the stats part of the game.

2 Likes

Thereā€™s the entire HR pentalogy, but knowing you that can not be what you mean.

4 Likes

Just for you i pmed it to you

2 Likes

The best: You feel awful about yourself and everyone is going to be disappointed in you and youā€™re gonna love it.

I havenā€™t played one Iā€™d call ā€˜the worst.ā€™ I know what I like and am pretty good at judging from a description if something is for me or not, so far no stinkers.

17 Likes

The worst: Somehow feels like bad fanfiction despite being an original universe

The best: The best parts of war are when youā€™re not shooting people

13 Likes

Best: Romance
Worst: No Romance
Am easily pleased and a sucker for love :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::upside_down_face::upside_down_face:

19 Likes

Best: Regret and Self identification issues
Worse: Brooding Boi-toys being vague

P. S am I the only one looking at choice games trying to guess?

9 Likes

Best: Iā€™ve been playing since the open beta and there are still things I havenā€™t done yet.

Worst: Either the author doesnā€™t know much about the civil rights era or I learned more about their politics than I wanted to.

3 Likes

The Best: Magic using assassin who is trying to learn who his real father is while dealing with a world thatā€™s changing around him.

The Worst: An author self insert where youā€™re literally playing as him and knowing what I knew of the guy on a forum, he was nobody youā€™d want to be playing as.

13 Likes

Best: I have a sneaky worry that my love interest is basically me if I was more medieval and good with swords and politics.

Other Best: Proof you can do something original with Vampires.

Other Other Best: Like Iā€™m reading Skyrim. :drooling_face:

I donā€™t have a worst. Maybe iā€™m too niceā€¦ :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

Worst: A chaos. It was all over the place and the most confusing story Iā€™ve ever read. Also, the characters might as well have been cardboard cutouts. No personality whatsoever.

Best: A story with a world which seems to be alive together with all its characters. Fleshed out but not overwelmingly so. Never tried to guilt me into something, just a fine and relaxing game.

1 Like

My best has got to be where you create life in mechanical form. That game had so many routes and a great story.

1 Like

Best : A poignant and grand trek through the life of a self made god, their techbological creation, and the fate of their own planet/humanity.

Worst: A grammatical travesty that never fails to elicit a cascade of tears from any editor.

1 Like