WIP: Through Olympus (working title) [Update: 02/09/2021]

Since the MC is a child of Nyx who is a primordial goddess who came before the titans and the greek gods themselves she is a pretty powerful being. Will the MC be stronger than the olympians or on the same level as them.

6 Likes

A child of Nyx? I wonder if they’ll be on a similar level of power as some of her other children like Eris, Nemesis and Thanatos

5 Likes

@Flame9091, @wolf666 hi! aside from being nyx’s child, the mc is left to the imagination of the readers. :slight_smile: however, this might change as the story is still in progress. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

short, but i defiantly like the premise

Becuase then there would be no point in making them an RO :man_shrugging:

What does that mean exactly? do we have a couple of options on how we play them and depending on what we choose their power changes?

1 Like

Interesting shame demo is so short but are we the child of hades and I guess other characters won’t like us since we are from underworld

Could we possibly pick something to be the god of?

1 Like

I agree. We should be able to chose what we are the god of. Plz plz put that in the demo!

Saw greek mythology and dived in without reading anything. Its a bummer the demo is so short atm

@SocioGaming @Cool165 i’m gonna look into this! as of now, the main character’s background is left to the interpretation of players so they can be anything, even if it’s not explicitly mentioned. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you. That would take the game to a whole new level with the MC having powers and etc. Also, are you considering Aphrodite as a RO? Thank you. This is one of favorite WIP right now.

4 Likes

i have, along with a few more others, but it’s still up for debate. for now, the four mentioned are my main priority. :slight_smile:

and thank you so so so much!

1 Like

The demo is too short for me to give any substantial feedback at the moment. In the meantime I wanted to throw in my two cents on the “asexual” debate. Let me first make it clear that it is not my goal to “hound” the author nor discourage them from writing their story however they want to. But after reading through the thread, as an asexual person I felt I had to speak up.

I feel like the people who are saying “the author is allowed to take creative liberties” are kind of missing the point. It’s not about how accurate the story is to the original myth, that’s not why we’re bothered. It’s about ace erasure, something that is unfortunately common in media (see Riverdale as a famous example).

There are so few prominent examples of asexuality in ancient myth. Athena and Artemis are pretty much the only two well known, likely asexual characters from mythology that I can name off the top of my head. And to have even that little bit of representation erased feels, well, kinda bad, especially since it’s already been done so many times in other retellings, Percy Jackson being only one of them. It’s similar to how a lot of ancient Greek myths get “straight-washed” during retellings. Like, it’s technically within the authors rights to interpret Achilles and Patroclus or Apollo and Hyacinthus as “just friends”, but in that case most people recognize that it’s just a bit unfair to the people who are already so used to having their identities erased from history.

Again, if you don’t feel like changing anything you don’t have to, and I can’t force you to either. But I ask that you at least consider it. Maybe keep them as ROs, but make them ace romances. You don’t even have to do it with both of them, just one would be enough for me (though I don’t speak for all aces). It could open up some interesting dialogue between the player and the RO. If not, I would at least ask that the player be allowed to play as asexual if they want to (I understand this is a romance game, so aro might be off the table).

I’m sorry if any of this came across as harsh or put you off writing, that was not my intention. I only ask that you consider what aces are saying on the matter. I honestly wish you the best with your story, no matter what direction you end up taking.

13 Likes

Actually,in Percy Jackson,Athena’s children were born via thought not intercourse, and Artemis has no demigod children.So they remain asexual.

8 Likes

As I said above; making the ask and giving the author your feedback is perfectly fine and everyone in this community should support you doing so…

All I am asking everyone is: Respect the author’s decision regarding this matter once they make it.

I am not targeting you specifically or anyone else, when I say this … there are legitimate and valid reasons you should be able to present your position and feedback and no one should prevent this from being said.

With that said, this is the creation of the author, and it is their vision that we must respect with regard to this particular story.

As long as we all respectfully adhere to the forum norms all will be good… only once we start down the forbidden path of circular argument or repetitive posting will there be consequences no one likes.

24 Likes

My knowledge of the books is pretty rusty, so it’s totally possible that was in there and I just forgot. I do recall Artemis not having kids though.

4 Likes

Ok, forgive my ignorance on this matter, but I’m kind of confused; asexual individuals don’t feel any sexual attraction, but they feel romantic (or emotional) attraction, right? So what’s the harm letting them being ROs?

5 Likes

Well, it’s complicated, but Athena was pretty explicitly aromantic as well as asexual, whereas with Artemis you could plausibly make the case that she was asexual but not aromantic. But in any case I personally (again, not speaking for all aces/aros) don’t see any problem with having both or even just one of them as an ace RO. I‘m more concerned with representation than religiously adhering to the original myths.

7 Likes

Can’t wait for more